420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Contact by Georges-Henri Lemaitre - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 10:24:21 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56851 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1488900261387.png -(5339B / 5.21KB, 1914x936) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 5339
Say we could float around and travel in space like a super saiyan god: Could we create scouters which could contact people with the same scouter intergallactically?
>>
Charles Bolton - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 20:15:02 EST ID:M/g1akbS No.56852 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I mean, I guess? What is the theoretical power level?

But if we're a "god", why scout it all when we can simulate it all?
>>
Hannes Alven - Wed, 08 Mar 2017 09:23:54 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56853 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56852
Because to be within the simulation you have to lose some of the powers of a god, or else everyone would be able to fuck everything up and it'd be utter chaos.

I mean scientifically, I was only using SSJ God as the foundation for being able to float about in the void without having to eat or breathe. Do you mean observe every point in the known universe like an all seeing eye in our pockets? The question I asked was whether we could give/receive information from a tracker from whole different galaxies through some kind of wave? Is there truly nothing that moves faster than light speed?
>>
Viktor Ambartsumian - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 22:23:22 EST ID:M/g1akbS No.56854 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56853
>Because to be within the simulation you have to lose some of the powers of a god, or else everyone would be able to fuck everything up and it'd be utter chaos.
Constraints, my boy. Simulations are inherently ordered and constrained by certain values.
Also,
>everyone would be able to fuck everything up and it'd be utter chaos
This is basically entropy

>Do you mean observe every point in the known universe like an all seeing eye in our pockets?
No I dont mean that. That is omnipotence, not simulation

>The question I asked was whether we could give/receive information from a tracker from whole different galaxies through some kind of wave
Oh, that could have been a little more clear. In that case:
>Is there truly nothing that moves faster than light speed?
Tachyons, maybe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon
It's a bit above my level - which is average, they might exist or they might not, but first gotta solve the violations in causality.
>>
Henry Russell - Fri, 10 Mar 2017 07:18:38 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56855 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56854
There're already violations of their own rules put into the standard model. I'm waiting for them to have actual empirical evidence of all they say is true rather than create models and theorems of how only they think it works.

How is entropy a chaos? Where does the energy from the return of all matter go to? And yeah I that's what I meant on that first point, without constraints you wouldn't be a 'thing', you'd be the universe.
>>
Bernhard Schmidt - Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:57:05 EST ID:7jcVAyVz No.56857 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56855
>>How is entropy a chaos? Where does the energy...go?
Entropy is the definition of chaos, it is a measure of how much of the order within a system has been expended and how much is just unusable disorder.

When something moves from a state of higher order to lower order, energy is expended and moved from a more highly ordered state to a less highly ordered one, and eventually is unable to be re-captured and just becomes part of the ambient energy of the universe.

As this process continues across all time, eventually every ordered system reverts to a state of disorder, which is chaos. That's how.
>>
Henry Russell - Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:45:24 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56858 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56857
I wonder if we we're made to harness the chaotic energy and use it's primal power to traverse the universe... It's just a matter of what it is and whether we can interact with it to use it's freest of fires. Modern science seems to be averse to that sort of thinking because it's too near ideas of a fundamental aether; but surely something comes from something, and the the latter something was put in place in order to use it? That seems right to me. It doesn't seem right that the creation would dangle a higher energy that would enable us to cross galaxies and live past our home planet and not let us have it; seems much too mocking to me... I just wonder when science are going to find the right key, and what the hell the lock is.
>>
Edward Pickering - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 13:28:43 EST ID:yzfSDg8q No.56859 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56858
Well, we were made to envision the chaotic energy in the first place. And what purpose could there be for envisioning it, if not to harness it? Could be tomorrow, could be in ten thousand years. One thing's for certain though. When the key is found, the world as we know it will end.
>>
Carl Seyfert - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 14:20:19 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56860 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56859
We'll all go... super saiyan
>>
Roger Penrose - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 01:57:04 EST ID:M/g1akbS No.56861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56858
>we we're made to harness the chaotic energy and use it's primal power to traverse the universe
I don't think you're grasping entropy. It's not an "energy" that gets disordered, its a measure of the disorder in a system. Once energy has gone from an ordered state to a disordered state, there is no harnessing it back into its higher energy state.

>but surely something comes from something, and the the latter something was put in place in order to use it?
This kind of sounds creationist. Sorry, but I just cannot agree with that. Sometimes, things just are.

>It doesn't seem right that the creation would dangle a higher energy that would enable us to cross galaxies and live past our home planet and not let us have it;
Sorry bud, you really want to believe that we can use entropy to travel the universe. Not so. Assuming the universe is an isolated system, its entropy will be forever increasing. Entropy won't supply you with the means to go from star to star, but entropy can tell you how much ordered energy in the universe might be required to make such a move [to a disordered state].
>>
Edward Pickering - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 06:25:03 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56862 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489487103442.png -(60939B / 59.51KB, 800x1102) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>56861
But suppose this disorder was actually an etheric substance which, using movement can be sourced as the Tao in Taoism and essentially almost completely shatter preconceived ideas of infinite motion. As, the universe is finite, but the ether is infinite and workable.

Of course if there's no such way then I don't really have much choice, but I'd really like to know because I feel it has an extreme effect on the philosophy I would choose for life (A nihilistic one instead of a positivistic generative mindset, a self-serving monopoly over a charitable, world-enthusing beneficiary of all things, because, if all life is doomed to die on the planet it was born, there is inherently no reason to do anything at all because nearly everything will be destroyed (actually we could archive everything and shoot it into space in the hopes other intelligence acquires it and that would be life affirming) but I still believe that smarts were designed in order to escape the home planet and inter-commune with all the other aliens which (imo) definitely must exist, as fish left sea and stood on land and how we leave our parents home and find our own means of survival.
>>
Isaac Newton - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:28:32 EST ID:7jcVAyVz No.56863 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56862
P sure you're just trolling in a very obvious way by screaming /tinfoil/ at /sagan/ but on the off chance you're serious, I still call bunk on your claim at this point.
If you truly knew what the Tao was, you would know it doesn't have anything to do with infinite energy. It's about a perspective on existence. If you understood the Tao, you would know you don't need infinite energy to have a meaningful existence.

I mean, how basally materialistic is that? Either the universe has to hand an infinite source of power to you on a silver platter, and then you will be bribed to try to take life in a positive manner, or, if it actually makes you work for these lofty ideals, you'll just say fuck it and be nihilistic?
Why does the universe somehow owe you a meaning for existence? It doesn't even have a brain! How could it come up with a way to give your sorry ass charity? YOU have a brain! You can figure all that shit out and make life as positive as you want it to be, but because you actually have to work for it rather than it being handed to you, you'd rather just say there's no reason for ANYONE to be alive? Talk about fucking entitled.
>>
Bernard-Ferdinand Lyot - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 07:31:00 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56865 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56863
The Tao is like a well:
Used but never used up.
It is like the eternal void:
Filled with infinite possibilities.

uhh.

I'd rather that everyone on the Earth be able to sit at home and take drugs smoke videogames and basically do what they like for all of time because we have a special automative machines in place which can handle all the labour we used to do, leaving us with only creative labour which is done for the enjoyment of the people creating it. I don't enjoy designing machines and I don't like the idea of being a scientist, or a politician to handle everyone's free housing and what the base welfare for everyone should be, but I would like to send my ideas for this 'utopian' future to everyone through music (who knows what good it'll do however) so that's what I'm going to do. I never said I wasn't going to work (unless you commit that music and the arts are essentially pretty worthless, which is something I agree on, despite wanting music as my career).

I'd say we are pretty entitled, we have no recollection of asking to be here so it's rather forced upon us, and for such a harrowing, pitiless at times, existence, the least you could hope for is that you're allowed to do what you want and not have your freedoms encroached on (freedoms you have because of your superior awareness), which is what the sun does by threatening to kill us all eventually, rendering the game pointless.
>>
William Fowler - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 01:28:51 EST ID:7jcVAyVz No.56866 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56865
Yeah, that quote is about the conceptual nature of the Tao, not a reference to a real energy that you could turn a tap on to somewhere. That would be like if you could have awareness on tap. Doesn't make sense.

>>special automotive machines which let me snoke vigeodames
But we can do all those things in the real world using the power that actually exists (and the sun provides for us) rather than needing some kind of magical infinite aether to do it. We are basically already at the point of not needing humans for productive power anymore, when nano-tech robots and super-sapient AIs run everything, so the future where you sit at home and do drugs and smoke videogames while robots do everything is definitely happening, and the only energy we need for it is sunlight. I recommend /wc/ under Miscellanea for further discussion.

And the sun won't kill us all for several billion years...if we haven't figured out how to leave earth by then, then it will simply be natural selection taking it's course if it wipes us all out and we will deserve it for our laziness. It's our best friend, don't hate it!
>>
Isaac Newton - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:59:18 EST ID:tNU6hJcf No.56869 Ignore Report Quick Reply
na but u cud use Instant Transmission to teleport and chat then teleport back
>>
Edwin Salpeter - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 03:31:27 EST ID:RH1VsRBv No.56870 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56865
>The Tao is like a well:
>Used but never used up.

wells run dry all the time
>>
Carl Seyfert - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 06:55:46 EST ID:d9ijPul/ No.56871 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56870
yeah the bad ones without a large influx to source from.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.