420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
military equipment by Vesto Slipher - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 19:18:53 EST ID:/DjOl0ut No.56916 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1492298333159.png -(382147B / 373.19KB, 743x748) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 382147
i understand the weight involved but their are multiple ways to accomplish this

(also i may be missing information on certain things)

with the miscellaneous equipment that is obsolete or ... take an electromagnet to swoop the pieces and clean the atmosphere.. *(my mind was on this)

secondly i think that while it may be applicable to take a large hook and anchor to something to even make some kind of "elevator" - to utilize this to even lift some military equipment - prefabricated buildings... almost anything

a tank is something that came to mind... a submarine would almost work also.. in zero gravity

plus with that.. it comes to understand the problems with entanglement... but also to cheaply move things from station to station on a rope ... much information should be held... but again i don't know who reads these forums

but why not
>>
Heinrich Olbers - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 19:30:34 EST ID:7jcVAyVz No.56917 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Troll? Clearly immigrant. But anyway.
So you're suggesting they put obsolete military equipment into space for what purpose? As a way to dispose of it? In terms of relative cost that's like taking an old bagel and plating it in a pound of solid gold in order to take it to the dump.

You didn't come up with the idea for the space elevator/sky hook, we've been working on it since long before you were born. It's not possible with currently existing materials due to the tensile requirements of the tether, so don't even bother thinking about this right now.

A tank would not work in zero gravity. They aren't pressurized to withstand the vacuum, the gasoline engine would not run without supplied oxygen, the shells would not combust without extra supplied oxidizer, and the treads would just spin in space. A submarine, likewise, would not work. It might be able to withstand the pressure, but it would have no means of propulsion, nor would its torpedoes be able to fire. Since it doesn't have air-locked pressurized ports for ingress/egress, there would be no way in or out of it without killing everyone.

Lastly, by mentioning entanglement, if you mean using quantum teleportation effects to transport items, that's purely science fiction. We have been able to teleport single subatomic particles, with no reference to how they are arranged, that's it. The ability to transport a complex molecular lattice and have it still be molecularly coherent and retain the same crystalline lattice structure (which would be required to even transport a piece of metal) is currently completely impossible.
>>
Alan Guth - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:33:14 EST ID:/DjOl0ut No.56918 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56917

oh right thats been there for a while... like i haven't read about that forever but at the same time... why not utilize what we have.. with all the equipment already on it.. what would we not do with it? easily we can upgrade and build around...

a tank would need modified but if you could drop a tank on to the ground you would be protected

by entanglement i meant lines getting tangled... interestingly enough though while everything you say is probably relevant... its cheap cost effective and here now...

there is a lot here that is relevant but still even i know that there is a lot of things i do not know

i was thinking that eventually with the hooks you could build a big enough port and have it guarded... like taking things from the tank or even taking apart a rollercoster to utilize as it is sorta their already
>>
booq - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:36:17 EST ID:/DjOl0ut No.56919 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56918
with the roller coaster thing in mind... it makes me think that things can be silly
>>
Arno Penzias - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 01:46:50 EST ID:7jcVAyVz No.56920 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56918
...what are you talking about? Hooks? You mean the sky hook? What kind of port are you talking about? How is dropping a tank on the ground relevant to anything?

We don't already have anything relevant to a space elevator, and again the cost of repurposing the tech you're talking about for use in space would be more expensive than starting from scratch.
>>
Irwin Shapiro - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 21:30:03 EST ID:sOANcpac No.56921 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56916
Am I too drunk to understand or you made fuck all of a sense?

weight? electromagnet? what?
a tank? submarines in zero gravity?
entanglement?
what?
space elevators?
>>
Fritz Zwicky - Mon, 24 Apr 2017 23:10:01 EST ID:yrPOgYaN No.56923 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56917
Actually firearms and cannons would work in space as they already contain all the oxidizer necessary to function. Gunpowder in all forms is a propellant with fuel and oxidizer already in supply. Firearms, cannons, turrets etc are all pressure sealed during firing which means there wouldn't be air in them anyways here on Earth.
>>
Alan Guth - Tue, 25 Apr 2017 01:10:37 EST ID:M/g1akbS No.56924 Ignore Report Quick Reply
what the actual hell am I reading in this thread?
>>
Emelianegro !2iyFNTAIpU - Sat, 29 Apr 2017 13:17:59 EST ID:sm4m2KiS No.56929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1493486279069.jpg -(98371B / 96.07KB, 500x279) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>56916
>>
Subramanyan Chandrasekhar - Wed, 17 May 2017 22:54:59 EST ID:ho0i+8BY No.56941 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>56916

Awesome. 5* post. Lost it at

>rope

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.