420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Fucking ECLIPSE thread! by Irwin Shapiro - Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:50:15 EST ID:KgS57XEk No.57006 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503258615031.jpg -(263261B / 257.09KB, 1932x1932) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 263261
ECLIPSE THREAD MOFOS!

Come on! Get excited for this!

I got a cheap solar filter sheet and put it in front of my 300mm lens. Which is plugged into a 2x teleconverter. 600mm to grab the eclipse.

Took some test shots today and got to see some sunspots! Which are freaking cool (well, RELATIVELY cool...LOL!)

Post eclipse shit here people!
>>
Tycho Brahe - Mon, 21 Aug 2017 12:07:09 EST ID:xJz9G6aR No.57007 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Any UFOs yet?
>>
Bruon Rossi - Mon, 21 Aug 2017 20:45:32 EST ID:bxNkmvEL No.57008 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503362732359.jpg -(76924B / 75.12KB, 768x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>57007

Nope. Just one big flat Earth.
>>
James Christy - Tue, 22 Aug 2017 02:54:41 EST ID:nHAT7Ro+ No.57009 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Can you share your footage pretty please with dank moon rocks on top?
>>
Russel Hulse - Tue, 22 Aug 2017 19:47:49 EST ID:unNII3om No.57010 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Didn't see shit.

Born too north and east to experience it, and it's like ages until the next proper eclipse over my country.

Hope you niggers enjoyed it, and avoided being like wow eclipse well whatever dude I wonder what's on youtube?
>>
Bruon Rossi - Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:04:53 EST ID:cP2dPTDR No.57011 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just got back from watching it in Casper, WY. It was amazing and felt so unearthly. It's really weird to look up in the sky and see something so different. You can't help but laugh and be in awe at the big ring of ghostly white light in the sky.

The difference between 99% and totality is unreal. Until that last bit of sun is covered, it's neat, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Then totality clicks in and the whole character of everything changes. If you missed seeing this one, def try to get to the one that runs from Texas to Maine in 2024.

Also, for the next one, make sure to check out the shadows on the ground as you approach totality. The dappled light/shadow under a tree acts as hundreds of pinhole projectors. You'll see hundreds of projections of the moon passing in front of the sun. The patches of light will all turn fishscale-shaped. It's pretty great.
>>
Alan Guth - Tue, 29 Aug 2017 20:20:56 EST ID:fsTyqOA+ No.57013 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Was down in Greenville SC visiting my parents for it. Truly surreal, is the only way I can describe it. The most radical part was how the sun was still too powerfully bright to look at until absolute totality.

Down in Greenville totality lasted for what felt like a minute exactly. It is the most bizarre thing, it was getting visibly dimmer on the ground, and approaching totality it was near twilight. Up until exact totality though, you cant look at the sun. It was just that bright still. Then, totality, saw some Baileys Beads, even saw some sun snakes (atmospheric turbulence you can see on sidewalks as totality approaches).

Once totality was over, the sun came to the other side of the moon, and BAM, bright as fuck again.

It gave me a respect for how fucking powerfully bright that big plasma ball really is.

Surreal.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.