420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Unsettling childhood memories by Jarvis Gabberfedge - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:25:16 EST ID:3AdQ3SEx No.73037 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489461916196.png -(123193B / 120.31KB, 512x384) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 123193
Does anyone have any unsettling memories they can't explain as a child? Specifically those involving tv/radio.

When I was a little kid I was obsessed with the Simpsons, and would specifically get excited for the "treehouse of horror" episodes. One Sunday evening in the early 90s I was watching the premier of a ToH episode alone, it was one of the only shows my folks would let me watch alone or at all at the age.

It started with Marge addressing the audience in front of a blood red curtain, and giving a very Marge like warning to parents that the episode contains violence and language, then adds something along the lines "well they didn't listen last year". When you play this episode now it cuts to the opening credits. But that's not how I remember it

Andthe things I heard come out of Marge Simspsons mouth I had never heard, and as a child it shocked me. She started out with basic curses like "you and your family can fuck off", "tell your cunt mother to eat shit" "hey there motherfucker" just kind of real explicit, vulgar curses. Then the curtain and Marge started dripping in animated blood, and she started describing grisly scenes of violence, and telling me to commit violent acts. At this point I turned off the television.

Later on I passed it off as a bad dream that I've mistaken for a memory. But that doesn't add up for me. And it's never happened again so I don't think I've gone wacko. Have any of you had similar experiences or have knowledge on what might've caused this?
>>
Charlotte Clebblefuck - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 02:18:36 EST ID:34vqitxA No.73038 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You might be from some sort of alternate dimension. Or you've lost it. Or your memory is faulty. I've got a few weird childhood memories that I've sort of tossed off as impossible.

The way I understand it is that memory can often be faulty. But I can't remember where I read that. But I don't 100 percent trust my memory if I'm going to be honest.
>>
Archie Sevinghitch - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 05:12:22 EST ID:0khyPBQ/ No.73039 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73037
I think a demon might have fucked with me as a kid, but I'm not sure
>>
John Snodwater - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:09:05 EST ID:Q7hQ9DX4 No.73040 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73039

That was just your uncle
>>
Charles Fuvingshit - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:21:31 EST ID:P/xIr6Dz No.73041 Ignore Report Quick Reply
When I was like 6, my brother used to call the house from his own line. If I answered he'd play apocalyptic christian radio into the phone... if anyone else answered he'd just talk to them. Of course we didn't have callerid so I thought the phone was possessed or something.
>>
Fucking Bommleshit - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:10:17 EST ID:lMZX1gLy No.73042 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I grew up believing there were angels and demons fighting for everyone's souls in very tangible ways. It turns out, a lot of what I thought were demons trying to attack me at night were actually this stalker that would camp out in the woods behind our house, come up to my window, and talk to me at night to scare me and get my mom to come console me in her pajamas. It was really fucked up, and I don't think my family knew how to deal with it. The police in the town didn't give a shit, and we didn't realize what was going on until he broke into our house and left us a voicemail from our home phone number.
>>
Charles Blecklesirk - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 23:45:43 EST ID:JuoGlVir No.73045 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73042
jebus cripes... can we have more on that story?
>>
Hannah Closhlock - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 05:18:20 EST ID:6MOTyEDt No.73048 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73040
John Snodwater with the jokes
>>
Charles Dartdale - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 18:25:29 EST ID:fZ0m6I/4 No.73079 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73037

I used to have nightmares regarding the old intro from National Geographic, the one from the early eighties, where a line of golden vertical rectangles would move across the screen while the music played. It was a recurring nightmare too, the intro would start on the small tube tv my parents had in the kitchen, and I suddenly was hit with a sense of foreboding beyond description, then I would start to plea with my mom, or whoever was with me in the kitchen on the dream, to please turn off the TV or change it because that music was evil, they would dismiss what I was saying because I was a little kid. As the music played, the sense of foreboding kept increasing to the point I would wake up drenched in sweat. Suffice to say, after the dreams I would avoid to all cost having the intro play on any TV, even just remembering it now is giving me the heebie-jeebies
>>
George Bredgehall - Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:58:58 EST ID:byLs6K6R No.73081 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73079
There you go, buddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7FeNjNjHk
>>
Charles Sushham - Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:12:08 EST ID:A7a301Iz No.73083 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490713928695.jpg -(23879B / 23.32KB, 430x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I had this little fucking robot when I was a kid. I think you put different cards in him and he'd read them or tell you some animal facts or some other such shit, I can't remember. I do remember having nightmares about him not turning off. Not stopping, not being quiet, etc. I used to have nightmares about the phone too. Like I'd be talking to someone on the other end and I didn't like it, and I'd hang it up and they'd still keep talking to me. So I'd cut the line or unplug the phone or whatever, and it'd still keep talking. It sounds stupid but as a kid it was one of my fears for some reason.

I had a recurring nightmare where I'd be laying down and talking to a mouse on the edge of a large wrestling ring. I'd be talking in a whisper, but it didn't matter how quiet I talked, there was a lion who'd hear me in the ring. He'd roar and attack me, and I'd fly up in the air. I'd wake up with that falling sensation that you hit the bed from really high up. Happened a lot.
>>
Sophie Buvingbury - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:01:08 EST ID:mxLDuzvr No.73087 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73083

those are weak dreams bro.
>>
Lydia Sommlewill - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 21:26:12 EST ID:nWiO2Wrl No.73088 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73087

Let's hear one of your dreams, Sophie.
>>
Cornelius Dollybanks - Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:26:44 EST ID:UlhIGAEn No.73090 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73083
this reminds me of the dream I had about my furby as a kid. There was a furby uprising and mine was the leader and he grew enormous and led the other furbies in some kind of killing spree march. I remember it coming towards me with red eyes saying in its furby voice, 'me... kill... you!'
it sounds lame now but it was pretty frightening as a kid. furbies are creepy bastards.

Also, your dream about the mouse and the lion reminds me of the dreams/nightmares I used to have about a boulder and a daisy. Something about the difference in their size/mass triggered some strange horror in me and I would wake up crying. Something about trying to be big and small at the same time. I've seen other people describe similar things or attempt to describe the same feeling. It must be some specific thing the brain tries to work through when it's still developing.
>>
Nigel Crinnerhood - Sat, 01 Apr 2017 02:16:31 EST ID:LDeLiWKb No.73096 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have a very specific memory of when i was a little kid, we had these tacky green chairs in the living room straight out of the 1970s, and one time i was like floating over them up near the ceiling.

I have another very distinct memory from when i was a bit older and in a different house, I walked past my mothers bedroom, and sitting cross-legged on her bed was this really thin, brown skinned creature with a large "football" shaped head and big black eyes. It had multiple arms and was like juggling something in the air.

I chalk these memories up to being dreams, but they feel so vivid and it feels like I was totally awake the entire time.>>73037
>>
Samuel Dobberman - Sat, 01 Apr 2017 18:38:40 EST ID:mxLDuzvr No.73102 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73088
nah m8 I don't want to spook you too much
>>
Jarvis Pennerdick - Tue, 04 Apr 2017 05:12:01 EST ID:6rdcw8/2 No.73124 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73096
Most people have multiple arms.
>>
Betsy Clayfuck - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 11:23:05 EST ID:MZaoUocW No.73131 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Can anyone out there relate to time speeding up ever as a child?

One time I was around 9/10 years old in class and suddenly everyone started talking really fast, like if everything was pitched up to 150% .. it didnt last long but it happened, I remember it freaking me out.
>>
Lydia Fanway - Thu, 06 Apr 2017 19:31:51 EST ID:mxLDuzvr No.73143 Ignore Report Quick Reply
When I was still young enough to have themed pijamas I remember having a really bad nights sleep. I got up to get a drink and as I walked past the living room on the way to the kitchen I saw my mum and dad watching Tv... only the TV was muted, I could see colour flickering on the wall behind them, but I heard nothing. they both seemed to ignore me when I poked my head in, I remember just getting freaked out and running back to my room...
A lot of weird stuff happened in that house. Apparently when I was showing my mum some lego I once made she saw a old man leaning over me seemingly interested in what I had to show as-well. Every-time I went in to the kitchen I would feel weird and I hated going in there alone.
>>
Hamilton Hunderspear - Fri, 07 Apr 2017 00:30:34 EST ID:S+c7D/31 No.73147 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73090
I had something similar
It would be like a grain of sand next to boulders or something like that. Hated the shit out of it.
>>
Martha Gerrytot - Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:30:41 EST ID:mxLDuzvr No.73159 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491870641185.jpg -(88665B / 86.59KB, 471x334) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>73147
>>
Archie Clunkinhall - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:07:34 EST ID:R7PuNCBl No.73174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73037
Think the TV talked / talked to you? Congrats on your underlying schizophrenia!
>>
Graham Drollerway - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 06:42:45 EST ID:FYTXbr2A No.73178 Report Quick Reply
>>73037

Ive seen this episode opening when I was real young, marge was being all "this is kinda gross and not for kids.

My mom, being a total dick, hears this and sees me intently watching, and uses it as a reasoning to turn the channel to fucking sienfeld. She's a total jackass. I like seinfeld tho so it was ok. She's still a dick tho.

That particular treehouse isnt even that good it turns out.
>>
Eliza Heckletock - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 06:14:12 EST ID:aOeBtfcp No.73223 Ignore Report Quick Reply
When I was in kindergarten the school I was in was already over 100 years old at that point. There was always weird things and feelings occuring in basically all areas of the school, but that comes with age with most places. It was still a nice school. Anyway I was in class one day with all the other kids sitting on the floor with the teacher at the front of the class giving a lecture on how to spell or something and out of no where the radio turned on by itself and started playing so loud that everyone jumped and it blocked out the noise of the teacher talking. For a while everyone was just staring at it startled. Then jokingly the teacher said "ok you can stop now" and at that point it turned off. A few moments later it turned of again and none of the kids knew what to do. The teacher spoke to it again and Everytime she spoke it would turn to another station.
>>
Wesley Turveybury - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:50:59 EST ID:16LMGJMK No.73226 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73090
>>73147

No fucking way, I thought I was the only one who had that difference in size thing! As a kid it used to make me nauseous as fuck and I'd legit throw up sometimes. I can still trigger it now if I try hard enough
>>
Nell Derryway - Fri, 21 Apr 2017 14:37:18 EST ID:CK+L5/69 No.73227 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73223

100 year old building might be spooky and someting cool to you but where I am from things go a lot further back. My village is older than the Muslim religion for example. about 200 years before Muhammad the kidy fiddler was born. My house is not very old for the area and is about 100 years. I can read rock carvings from the 1700s about 10 mins walk from my house. The village pub is oldest in the county etc. Aint shit boy.
>>
Simon Cenningbury - Fri, 21 Apr 2017 16:40:56 EST ID:tXI6tkWc No.73228 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73037
I have it on DVD and collective Blue Ray with Commentary

they removed it for air time. that's it. They wanted more commercial time for Groening to afford his lavish hooker habits.
>>
Thomas Suzzleforth - Thu, 04 Jan 2018 04:54:40 EST ID:RQP+mr6S No.74020 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73079

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlmy47a6uiQ
>>
Phineas Grimcocke - Tue, 09 Jan 2018 04:16:09 EST ID:BLyb/HXp No.74032 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73037

I had a few childhood incidents that I've convinced myself were just dreams, but there's one I know happened because I was with a near lifelong friend Justin, and it wasn't 2 eight year olds, we were both 13. Here goes

My family was pretty poor so I didn't have anything very entertaining for guests, my buddy would bring his original xbox over for my tiny TV and we'd usually take turns on whatever at the time. Didn't have a stereo in my room, just one of those (even at the time) oldschool tape players with the built in antenna radios and a weak ass speaker. My dad got it at a flea market for a dollar or some shit, anyways. I'm trying to surf radio stations for something to listen to in between turns and the radio just goes static. Like, static nonchanging static noise as I'm turning the dial.

This went on for a minute or so, I mentioned it to Justin who was too into halo or morrowind or whatever we were playing to notice but now he's interested, he can see me turning the dial but the sound is not fucking changing whatsoever, no half way in and out radio stations with shit reception no nothing just white static. After said minute or so, we're both still curious as to what's up because we always listened to tunes on the little piece of shit - that's when the static starts getting louder slowly. Over 10 seconds or so it was twice as loud as the little speaker could get to at max volume KKKSSSSHHHHHH sound and on comes this fucking godawful gargled voice over the static fading in and out but all fuckin' dramatic like. I'm spinning the tuner wheel as Justin is staring at me and the little radio cassette thing in awe as I'm fucking panicking with the tuner wheel, this voice sounded half human and feral as fuck like gnashing and shouting gurgly sounds then POP / CRACKLING sound and the cassette radio just shuts off leaving us both in shocked silence with our mouths open.

At that age neither of us drank did drugs or took meds. We talked about it with everyone at school they thought we were full of shit, every couple years one of us brings it up to reassure ourselves it wasn't a dream and now we don't talk about it out of discomfort.

We smashed that fucking radio to pieces outside the same night.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.