420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
I want to believe by OP - Fri, 05 May 2017 04:02:12 EST ID:L/Qvjl09 No.73287 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1493971332724.jpg -(48034B / 46.91KB, 680x510) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 48034
This is a post for those of you who are convinced you have come into contact with some other form of life, some sort of being, that telekinesis and all that bullshit isn't actually bullshit. If you don't believe any of it and hate me for wanting to, feel free to post a lengthy wall of text on how dumb I'm being and I promise I'll read it and take it seriously, I'm looking for answers here, whether they support or debunk what I'm experiencing.

I have a friend who was technically dead for a decent amount of time after an accident a couple years ago. Not giving anymore details because I don't know if he frequents this board or not or whether he would appreciate me sharing them, but it's sort of integral to my story so I'm going to. We were talking for the first time since it happened well into the night and he started describing what had begun happening to him, and I know him well enough to know he wasn't lying or spinning bullshit to me but I'm not convinced he's not just crazy. He claims he can see people's energy and determine how they're feeling and what type of person they are based off it. Of course I didn't believe him, so I asked him to prove it. You're gonna have to trust me on this, but I'm an unreadable person. I've been severely dissociated my entire life and have fucking perfected being unreadable, not to be some sort of edgelord or anything like that, but because I literally don't know what I'm feeling myself most of the time and giving myself the time to analyze and figure it out behind a flat affect is the best way I know of coping with it. And I'll tell ya hwut, he described the most intimate details of my personality in such a precise way he had me believing. I'd lean towards "he's just doing the classic psychic tactic of reading me based off my actions and what I say" but there's nothing there to go off of. I don't engage in conversation, I just watch when people take the effort to actually bring me places. Even if I did give any tells, I hadn't seen him in such a long time and they were so personal he had me believing.

Now, I don't think I'm that gullible, that alone would never be enough to sway me. But then he started talking about experiences he had with controlling and manipulating that energy and it started to strike a chord. He claims he has some sort of being following him at all times that he can sense and that he has communicated with it at one point. He described it like this:
He was playing vidya when the sound started to go out, and starting crackling and popping. He unplugged the speakers when it started, so there was no chance of it just being cell phone interference or anything like that. He didn't elaborate that far either to prove a point, he just said there was no power in the speakers. While he was fucking with it he felt the presence without a doubt for the first time and the channels started switching. He told it to stop and it did. He said to do it again, to prove it was there somehow, and the speakers started acting up and the channels went to static and back again. He tried to communicate with it and it went nowhere until the game and speakers came back to him again. I really don't think he was making this up, he had emotional tells that would have taken more talent than he has to fake, so that just leaves the option that he was crazy, which I was leaning toward.

Then he started talking about controlling things with his own energy. This is what got me, because he described a few experiences I've had and how they happened, basically him willing something with absolute focus to happen and having it happen. Super duper little shit, like improving the chances of something in particular happening. What got me is, I'd been toying with the idea of something like that being possible exactly the way he described it based on my own experiences and always just thought I was going fucking bonkers. Things like, I'll start up my computer, and all the sudden I'll be looking at exactly what I was intending to do on it without even laying a hand on my keyboard or mouse. It takes no concentration or effort, all the sudden something simple yo uwanted to happen just happens. I remember my first computer was slow as fuck and I would talk to it, I was that much of a lonely fucking nerd. I named her, thanked her, encouraged her to work well for me and it fucking worked, I remember testing load times and shit with a stopwatch comparing sending 'SLAYER(lol)' versus nothing and there was a very real difference.
We know there have been studies into shit like sending loving energy versus hateful energy towards molecules and being able to change their structure into something more chaotic or organized through doing so. Is it so much of a stretch that people can have an affect on everyday objects in that way?
I knew a guy that once detected a stone I had on me for shits and giggles, just to fuck with him and see if what he was saying was true. This was a different dude who claimed to be able to do the exact same thing using the exact same method, and he fucking proved it. He said he could sense the energy given off by specific stones, so I brought one in one day, small enough to be impossible to see and he fuckin knew I had it, asked me to pull it out.

Cont.
>>
OP - Fri, 05 May 2017 04:04:09 EST ID:L/Qvjl09 No.73288 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Quick clarification, was gonna post this on PSY and forgot I moved it to here, that's why I was asking you guys to suspend your disbelief lol

Anyway Cont.

So, with these examples in mind, fastforward to tonight. I've been confronting some Extremely suppressed emotions involving a very close couple of friends and it was fucking with me. Emotions were finally breaking through the cracks of my dissociation and I was all for it, they involved a coworker I was closing with too so they were all there and present for once, I was swimming in them, no way of getting away from them. I kept what the first dude I was talking about said in mind and tried to focus them, acknowledge and feel them rather than analyze them from a distance. I started to feel just, idk, sort of connected. I felt like myself for the first time in a very long time and was enjoying it and wanted to stick with it so I started playing an album by the Avalanches. I was really jamming to it and by the time the last song came on I was entirely focused on the music. Then the last song's intro started repeating itself. Rather than tell myself I was hearing things, I focused on it, listened to it, went with my intuition. It would play the same sort of orchestral intro, swell into the main body of the song, then swell back out and repeat rather than move forward in the song. I listened to it again and again, not repeating it on my phone, but it was just playing like that. I had an idea and thought, "Stop that. Play the song." and it stopped looping. It went into the rest of the song the way it was supposed to. I was in goosebumps mode at this point so I thought, "Do it again" just the way buddy #1 said he had. And it fucking did. It repeated again. It was the first time hearing the song so I attributed it to chance.

When I got back into my car to go home I pulled up the song. It had been playing longer than it was supposed to by minutes, I could tell because I know how long it takes for my workplace's dishwasher to run through a cycle and it went through more cycles than were in the song while it was playing at work. I played the beginning and listened VERY carefully, NO loops. I played the last song's outro, NO loops. I was feeling spoopy. And then on the drive home:

A fucking lightning ball exploded in front of my car on my street. I've seen it happen one time before. Lit up the entire sky AS I was listening to the song. I went with it, too much coincidence at this point. I shouted, and mind you this is very out of character for me, "FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!" Waited. "I DONT BELIEVE YOU! PROVE IT!" Thirty seconds pass and I'm nearly home. Think it was a freak chance WHEN IT HAPPENS AGAIN! Right behind me this time. Everything lit up, brighter than possible with a lighting strike unless it was right on you. I've had lightning strike a tree in my back yard before, I know what it looks like and this shit was somehow brighter. At that point, I just asked, "What are you trying to say? How do I communicate with you?" and I'm still waiting on a response.

I've been doing some shitty things lately that could stand to really threaten my way of life and what is important to it and today was the culmination of it. Do I have some sort of being, like what friend #1 was describing, trying to communicate that to me? Now that I have acknowledged my feelings and am beginning to be myself again, is it warning me to stop being such a socipathic monster at the risk of destroying it all? Am I just fucking nuts? I ran inside and asked my roommate if he saw the lightning and he did, it wasn't in my head. Is this all just freak coincidence combined with a little bit of auditory hallucinations? Have any of you experienced anything like this? Please, lay it on me. Am I crazy or is this real?
>>
Sidney Nedgekidging - Thu, 11 May 2017 14:37:54 EST ID:pIXAsfuV No.73316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73288
Just relax and go with the flow.
If you are going to be a faggot about it you will have a very bad time probably.
>>
Sidney Nedgekidging - Thu, 11 May 2017 15:13:47 EST ID:pIXAsfuV No.73317 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73288
Also don't get your mind corrupted when you don't know anything about anything anymore and they are putting bad thoughts in your head.
You will be challenged in many different ways and need to keep a cool head.

t. someone who didn't do too well
>>
Sidney Nedgekidging - Thu, 11 May 2017 15:15:26 EST ID:pIXAsfuV No.73318 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73288
Also don't get your mind corrupted when you don't know anything about anything anymore and they are putting silly thoughts in your head.
You will be challenged in many different ways and need to keep a cool head.

t. someone who didn't do too well
>>
Sidney Nedgekidging - Thu, 11 May 2017 15:37:30 EST ID:pIXAsfuV No.73319 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73288
When you feel very crap you might offer to submit to make it stop, like Winston Smith in the end.
Don't do that.
>>
Priscilla Fubberfat - Sat, 13 May 2017 23:01:39 EST ID:OwDwzvgP No.73331 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Look at this nigga, thinks he saw some real shit.
>>
Priscilla Fubberfat - Sat, 13 May 2017 23:01:39 EST ID:OwDwzvgP No.73332 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Look at this nigga, thinks he saw some real shit.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.