420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Goetic practice by Charlotte Clamblefield - Mon, 06 Nov 2017 05:07:53 EST ID:LWQ5s6Y0 No.73881 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1509962873604.jpg -(20136B / 19.66KB, 540x365) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 20136
Hello /spooky/ I hope you all are well

Recently I've been studying Goetia and was wondering if anyone here had personal experience performing the rituals.

I'd like to try invoking a few spirits, to ask for something specific but mostly just out of curiosity/a desire to speak to the spirits and ask them questions. I was wondering if anyone here has any stories related to the practice as I've heard mixed things and am a little hesitant to dive in to the actual ritual.. I think some models speak of the spirits simply as aspects of the self instead of literal demons..

Thanks /spooky/ you're the best
>>
Nathaniel Damblenit - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 01:54:49 EST ID:rXSpo9KV No.73902 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Do Enochian first.

The systems have a lot of overlap, so experience in one helps prepare you for the other.

The things you contact through Enochian are largely indifferent to you. Mostly. That makes screwing up pretty safe; If you mispronounce shit, get your correspondences mixed up, or just botch how respectful/commanding you ought be, generally an Enochian evokation will just fizzle. The entities only care about you for better or worse if compelled to be present. Otherwise they just wander off. Pretty safe.

In the Goetia, most of them seem to want to help you already. They're eager to be played with. They will overlook your mistakes (usually) and appear anyway. Eventually.

If your binding/banishing isn't up to snuff, would you rather a botch fail to attract an "angel", or succeed in attracting but fail in binding a "demon"?

Plus, you'll want to learn a little Enochian beyond reading the words phonetically. Enochian language is a tool native to both Enochian and Goetic practice. It is very effective (albeit hard on your throat) in both. The Lesser Key and other books related to Goetia don't focus much on learning it. It feels almost like a trap. If you need to bind/banish something you didn't expect to summon... Do you really want to be consulting the table of contents in a book in hopes of finding the right words? Isn't it worth a hard year of study and practice, or say 5 years dabbling, to learn to speak the language itself? DIY incantations work just fine so long as they are in competent Enochian and you have the right visualizations.

I'm in the "dabbling for 5 years" path. I've seen both individual and group Goetic evokations. Disturbingly, group practice seems more common. Good stuff happens. Bad stuff happens. Bells Palsey seems to strike a surprising number of sub-Adeptes Exemptus 7=4 summoners.

It is nearly impossible to find a serious Enochian group unless you have tits and a post 1990 birthday so you can hang out with Poke Runion. It distrubs be that so many are driving on the Solomonic Highway, but so few have attended a driver's education class.
>>
Doris Weckleville - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 01:55:20 EST ID:jK741AtG No.73903 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Do Enochian first.

The systems have a lot of overlap, so experience in one helps prepare you for the other.

The things you contact through Enochian are largely indifferent to you. Mostly. That makes screwing up pretty safe; If you mispronounce shit, get your correspondences mixed up, or just botch how respectful/commanding you ought be, generally an Enochian evokation will just fizzle. The entities only care about you for better or worse if compelled to be present. Otherwise they just wander off. Pretty safe.

In the Goetia, most of them seem to want to help you already. They're eager to be played with. They will overlook your mistakes (usually) and appear anyway. Eventually.

If your binding/banishing isn't up to snuff, would you rather a botch fail to attract an "angel", or succeed in attracting but fail in binding a "demon"?

Plus, you'll want to learn a little Enochian beyond reading the words phonetically. Enochian language is a tool native to both Enochian and Goetic practice. It is very effective (albeit hard on your throat) in both. The Lesser Key and other books related to Goetia don't focus much on learning it. It feels almost like a trap. If you need to bind/banish something you didn't expect to summon... Do you really want to be consulting the table of contents in a book in hopes of finding the right words? Isn't it worth a hard year of study and practice, or say 5 years dabbling, to learn to speak the language itself? DIY incantations work just fine so long as they are in competent Enochian and you have the right visualizations.

I'm in the "dabbling for 5 years" path. I've seen both individual and group Goetic evokations. Disturbingly, group practice seems more common. Good stuff happens. Bad stuff happens. Bells Palsey seems to strike a surprising number of sub-Adeptes Exemptus 7=4 summoners.

It is nearly impossible to find a serious Enochian group unless you have tits and a post 1990 birthday so you can hang out with Poke Runion. It distrubs be that so many are driving on the Solomonic Highway, but so few have attended a driver's education class.
>>
Isabella Dreffingfield - Wed, 15 Nov 2017 05:28:19 EST ID:6cNWcFYW No.73908 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>73902

I really appreciate your reply, thank you. I have very little experience with this so that was extremely helpful.

I'll keep that in mind and take your advice (working with Enochian first). I hadn't considered the idea of failing to bind summoned spirits and so I will definitely work with the lighter side before moving onto the more potentially problematic spirits of the Goetia.

Thanks again.

P.S. If you don't mind me asking, which country are you in? I haven't honestly heard of any group meetings for any summoning rituals other than general new age medium work here (NZ) and so was wondering about where you would be if there is at least some (if a little lackluster) presence of summoning groups.
>>
Cedric Trotstock - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 02:03:11 EST ID:Iu9cF81Q No.73920 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I dont really know a whole lot about goetia and I dont even want to dabble in it, but here is a thing http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/goetia.htm

At least the sigils are cute
>>
James Shittinglock - Sun, 28 Jan 2018 09:28:59 EST ID:6cNWcFYW No.74102 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1517149739937.jpg -(124369B / 121.45KB, 850x850) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I know this thread is fairly dead, but OP here wanting to update if anyone is interested.

I ended up getting pretty into different forms of practice, and I appreciate the recommendation someone gave me for Enochian, though after doing research on that.. It's a strange system. It seems extremely unreliable and the claim that it's even angelic magic is weird considering no one seems to know what the actual motivations of the "angels" are regarding humans. Apparently they seem to directly want to cause the downfall of humans/the world according to some texts and the magical system seems not to produce many results for the amount of time put in.

I ended up constructing sigils for one of the goetic spirits and will update when the time limit for the deal expires
>>
Archie Dartforth - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:32:36 EST ID:6cNWcFYW No.74148 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74102

The first deal I made came to nothing, but the second seemed to work. I kept getting visualisations of a guy with a horse head after trying to make the first deal, so asked Orobas for the second one and within the day I had my request. Goetia's pretty great
>>
Archie Dartforth - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:01:40 EST ID:6cNWcFYW No.74150 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74148

I just wanted to say I've changed my mind, stay far away from Goetia
>>
Wesley Cuggleford - Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:48:52 EST ID:4gbN1xzY No.74208 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74150
What happened?
>>
tarot readings - Wed, 28 Feb 2018 18:05:22 EST ID:RQUhQ/LI No.74209 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519859122572.jpg -(82945B / 81.00KB, 806x455) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
3 card spread.
gender and a question
>>
Rebecca Borringspear - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 14:00:35 EST ID:uerl2KMT No.74281 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74150
Can it be story time now?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.