420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
chaos magic by George Clackledock - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 23:29:07 EST ID:Kl0nsxnf No.74267 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1520825347808.jpg -(27102B / 26.47KB, 533x283) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 27102
opinions on chaos magic? I kind of want to get into it but never taken the full dive into the occult. What do you guys think? got any info to share?
>>
Henry Bangerstone - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:57:05 EST ID:L45BLVni No.74272 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It works, but always when dabbling with anything - Safety first.

Make sure that you're not doing anything stupid to just get "what you want" or anything frivolous, and to focus on protecting yourself from evil influence first and foremost before trying to make more ambitious works.

It's very easy to go crazy and fuck your own life up in subtle ways if you're not careful of how you're messing your shit up psychologically. One wrong twist now will bite your ass in five years and you're homeless and have no idea why.

If you're going to dabble in the occult, you're going to need wisdom to avoid fucking yourself or other people up, and hardline, ancient traditional wisdom is a good thing to at least be theoretically familiar with even if you disagree with it.
>>
Rebecca Borringspear - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:20:28 EST ID:uerl2KMT No.74273 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I am a loser, I will admit that right now. Direct use of any magic has the potential to break your mind and send you over the edge. It's happened to most people who practice, I've found. People are pieces of shit. But ultimately it is you yourself who can be the worst.

I'm a bit high as most people are. I got one woman into magic and now she thinks she's the antichrist. I hate who she's become.

Honestly bro it's addicting. Everyone talks vaguely and trail off with elipses to sound smart and wise. Just protect yourself and stay off /spooky/ is my advice. To outside. I had several psychoses here and it is no bueno. I'm just typing this out so you understand the grave seriousness of it all.

Reality is fucked up.
>>
Rebecca Borringspear - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 21:24:24 EST ID:uerl2KMT No.74274 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74272
This guy is right though.

All magic can be considered chaos magic in a way. Beliefs and rituals and whatnot. Energy direction. But I am a shrieking infant in terms of understanding. Find a smart practitioner, learn of his ways, out your own spin on it.

Nb for self indulgent double post.

Good luck with your first dabbling.
>>
Hannah Pupperwell - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 23:49:06 EST ID:nWRMFTa4 No.74275 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1520999346386.jpg -(70603B / 68.95KB, 720x523) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>
A_Wizard !cMZsY.BCnU!!vVWR8L52 - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:28:10 EST ID:E+xhxU97 No.74285 Ignore Report Quick Reply
As a Wizard, I must state, Chaos Magick is absolutely fucking retarded. You'll learn more from /deli/ than from chaos magick practitioners.
>>
Cedric Songerbud - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 23:13:07 EST ID:L45BLVni No.74286 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74285

Most people who practise anything are retarded(Sturgeon's Law), it's just traditional magick has a barrier of entry that means only robotic nerds with enough creativity to copy pre-existing symbols are allowed. ;)
>>
Samuel Giddlechidge - Fri, 16 Mar 2018 11:10:11 EST ID:1Qt5IkvI No.74293 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74273
>Everyone talks vaguely and trail off with elipses to sound smart and wise
Oh fuck this is so crazy. And when you're doing it you don't even realize what a fag you were being until you go back and look at what you said in retrospect. Honestly makes me want scrub my brain out with a shotgun (but not really, only if this continues much longer).
>>
A_Wizard !cMZsY.BCnU!!vVWR8L52 - Sun, 18 Mar 2018 01:46:49 EST ID:E+xhxU97 No.74300 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74286
No, the barrier is the will to actually study and observe. There are no secrets in this world but those we keep from ourselves. Expectation is the father of all deceit and illusion.
First you must learn vocabulary. That means studying classical texts such as the works of Plato especially. (Plato's usage for many terms are the standard for those used in many occult texts, especially those of gnostic and hermetic background.) Next you must learn geometry, as geometry is a constant in all of nature and will never lie to you about the properties of what you encounter. Next you must learn linguistics, with it, the ability to deconstruct the mind, as the mind uses language to process the data it receives from the environment. Then you must learn your self, the way that you think and perceive, and be able to question everything as objectively as possible. Then you must train your focus (hopefully the above has helped with that, and given you patience.) so that you may actually achieve anything in life. Then you can learn.
>>
Charlotte Nicklewater - Wed, 21 Mar 2018 00:08:19 EST ID:oaYBWSik No.74311 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Don't bother with Chaos Magick. Ars Goetia works much better, but all of your stuff will turn into pennies. It's a trade off for the superior horsemanpower behind the magic; you have been warned.
>>
Alice Fogglefudge - Wed, 21 Mar 2018 23:38:38 EST ID:VWATYyUX No.74313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Chaos magic is for hippies. If you really want to get yourself into something worth anything, it would be black magic. There are many types so you must study to see which kind would be cohesive with you own personal traits.
>>
A_Wizard !cMZsY.BCnU!!vVWR8L52 - Fri, 23 Mar 2018 06:11:49 EST ID:E+xhxU97 No.74321 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74313
No, hippies actually do much better magic. They're more theosophical types.
>>
Walter Webbleburk - Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:10:24 EST ID:L9GBDWzB No.74329 Ignore Report Quick Reply
When did 420chan turn into such a pile of hand waving superstitious fucks. Scientific skepticism or fuck off. You people really believe in magic and crystal energy or are you trolling me?
>>
Walter Webbleburk - Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:11:49 EST ID:L9GBDWzB No.74330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74329
Lol whoops turns out Iā€™m on spooky, not /b/
>>
A_Wizard !cMZsY.BCnU!!vVWR8L52 - Sun, 25 Mar 2018 06:04:34 EST ID:E+xhxU97 No.74333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>74329
You're being hypocritical. Have you objectively applied your scientific method and skepticism to the esoteric philosophies and mysteries? Pythagoras was known for treating and curing numerous ills and symptoms, especially those of the nervous system (sciatica as the first example on the top of my head) with sound waves, using a specially tuned trumpet to emit very specific frequencies.
>crystal energy
A good crystal is a pure element. Every crystal emits a very specific frequency of vibration, in accordance with the element that it is composed of. Digital watches as you may be aware, are tuned by a small quarts crystal within them, as the quarts emits a precise enough frequency to be used as a constant in telling time. As such, crystals offer a means of learning these frequencies and as a tuning mechanism when attempting to generate specific frequencies (even if it is not that of the crystal in possession, just as quarts does not vibrate once per second, it can still be used to reach the desired frequency through math.) and as such, hold value to the neophyte in learning other meanings. On this note, the Chladni plate experiment, has shown that frequencies can manifest very specific shapes and patterns, and through experimentation, many specific frequencies have been shown to generate very specific symbols that are repeatedly shown within esoteric texts, many of which that stand out to myself, are runes. Further, the practice of "Galdr" is a method of speaking the runes to induce tangible effects, that is, to speak the very specific frequency that the runes represent, by merit of their form, and strung together much like how computer code is scripted.
So, there's some breadcrumbs. How about you follow the trail, stay objective, and come back to us.
>>
Barnaby Fuckingford - Sun, 25 Mar 2018 16:06:56 EST ID:KpcBcZlf No.74334 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1522008416720.jpg -(24772B / 24.19KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>74329
OP here. Scientific skepticism is the name of my game. Im I dont claim chaos magick has any supernatural properties at all. The realm of the mind is indeed a realm though. Scientific skepticism need not apply there as understanding the chemical reactions and neural net on a physical level hardly applies to the actual experience of the mind. Magick has both secular and non secular practitioners.
>>
Lillian Nattingfoot - Sun, 01 Apr 2018 23:22:09 EST ID:PKzgphQe No.74359 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1522639329331.jpg -(28440B / 27.77KB, 236x361) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
check this out op, pretty good read

outlines the basis of chaos and discordianism
>>
Beatrice Fuckingwater - Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:59:53 EST ID:9EQ7A55W No.74431 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524542393059.jpg -(46731B / 45.64KB, 640x427) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>74273 has good notes.

I dislike the idea of starting in Chaos Magick. It isn't that it is "advanced" or "too powerful". it is just a bad place to begin.

You need to give yourself permission to create effects. You need to give yourself excuses to believe. Ritual magick that resonates with your upbringing gives you the subconscious permission to bend reality. It helps you believe on a deeper level. It's a crutch... but a very useful one.

Chaos Magick strips a lot of that away. It is a good place to go when you are prepared to ditch the crutches. Build up your self confidence and experience first though.

If you came from a Christian background, the transition from the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram to the Star Ruby is a great example.Even if you don't believe in the angels, you have a gut understanding of what they are supposed to do from the stories you grew up with. Do the Hexigram ritual before transitioning to the Star Sapphire and you'll have the feel for what I am talking about.
>>
Fuck Pocklebury - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 22:44:20 EST ID:GJjEoe/c No.74446 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524883460023.png -(176860B / 172.71KB, 1176x631) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.