420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
color by Albert Wegglemitch - Tue, 16 May 2017 09:44:41 EST ID:ORbPLK9I No.61460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1494942281121.jpg -(161486B / 157.70KB, 1000x723) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 161486
hi /st/
i have a problem.
pretty much everything i wear on a daily basis is black, aside from a shirt which you'll only see if the collar pops out.
how do I add color to my outfit? i pretty much wear work clothes day in day out, in a casual office.
>pic related, it's what i look like all the time
>>
Phyllis Bunworth - Tue, 16 May 2017 20:41:00 EST ID:HXeP1wbM No.61461 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61460
Embrace is. Black wardrobe is good if you don't go goth princess.
>>
Fuck Pickville - Thu, 18 May 2017 00:53:40 EST ID:uft+tqjE No.61462 Ignore Report Quick Reply
contrast - desaturated light colors, dark saturated colors, more black with striking variation in texture (ex: cable knit against neoprene)

gray is your friend, arrange it between black and the colors that are too dark to contrast against the black
light gray + dark saturated color + black is always great
dark gray + light desaturated color + black is clean as well

a color's saturation is its intensity - white, gray, and black have a saturation of 0%; the primary colors and also very green limes are typically represented at 100% saturation for reference[%]
>>
David Secklelat - Thu, 18 May 2017 10:53:31 EST ID:b9DXQnzf No.61463 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Accenting black can look really good. It's a nice way to add 'color' to your look without adding real color. it makes you stand out and some people can really fucking pull it off. try doing things like wearing white tees under your black hoodies, or finding caps and hoodies with white accents(white stripes, buttons, tags etc). Shoes can be huge too. The thing about working with such a small color palette is that it's easy to look mediocre and blend in with almost everyone else. If you can keep a sense of actual style with your shit, it'll make you stand out as 'that guy who wears always wears black but damn does he look good in it' instead of 'that guy who always wears black who is so boring i'm getting bored just talking about him right now'.

Dressing kind of fancy can be fun. If you can pull it off. Only go for a look if you can pull it off, by the way, not because some male model or Johnny Depp looks good in it. Fedoras are a good example, because most people look like morons in them. Most people don't realize this because they're thinking they look like James Stewart or something. So anways, dress nicely if you can do it. A few nice buttons ups from american eagle are a casual take. A really button-down shirt from Zara or Express is a lot more formal but also a lot more stylish. It can be very GQ, as they say. That's another way to add something to your wardrobe without sacrificing your black. They can still be all black but if they fit right no one will even notice
>>
David Secklelat - Thu, 18 May 2017 10:56:53 EST ID:b9DXQnzf No.61464 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61463
fuck fuck that first sentence is supposed to be "Accenting white with black can look really good". The rest of the post doesn't make so much sense without that part
>>
Graham Pommerridge - Thu, 25 May 2017 05:14:02 EST ID:uft+tqjE No.61466 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61464
whites with accents generally look Slavic or Spanish to me

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.