420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Best Harm Reduction Practices? by John Secklebud - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 06:50:36 EST ID:94OBtz5Q No.285756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523962236611.jpg -(20613B / 20.13KB, 260x260) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 20613
Basically what the title says. I smoke meth and I'm admitting to myself that the amount that I smoke and the frequent redosing especially is negatively affecting me.

What does /stim/ do when they need to take a break? What general guidelines should I follow in the future to prevent these negative effects?

I need to set some rules about this shit or else it's going to fuck me up bad, just wondering what those rules are for you guys n gals. As for taking a break, when I wake up tomorrow afternoon I'm buying a big 'ol bag of weed and getting stoned for the next week straight - it's always worked to take my mind off dope and wanting to use.
>>
Endofdaze !Avm1fqtITk - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 09:06:56 EST ID:dFX6DYHM No.285760 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1523970416021.jpg -(166717B / 162.81KB, 960x950) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Stay hydrated. Just keep water or gatorade or something on hand and sip it constantly.

Make sure you eat - if you can't get solid food down, try smoothies, soup, anything along those lines.

Take care of your teeth > brush every 12 hours or so. If you're chewing, get some gum to keep your mouth from drying out and your teeth from grinding.

Try not to miss more than 1 night of sleep. Hard, but doable if you keep some benzos or seroquel on hand. Definitely try to crash out every 2 - 3 days, even if you gotta ride out the comedown. It's at the 48 - 72 hour mark that shit gets weird and bad decisions are made.

Watch your behavior and use of other drugs - be especially careful if you're taking other downers like booze or GHB, since it's very easy to not realize how fucked you are if the meth is keeping your alert. Actively monitor your dosing, make sure you aren't blacking out, etc.
>>
Sophie Sibbleshaw - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:57:45 EST ID:TV5cKxPn No.285762 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>285756
Eat healthy with a variety of foods, drink plenty of fluids (including some that replace your electrolytes), let yourself actually get some sleep once in a while, and brush your teeth twice a day. As long as you aren't going seriously overboard on the meth that should pretty much cover you.

Well, that and getting some regular exercise is a pretty big thing too. It helps quite a bit in a lot of ways--getting some more regular sleep and to eat/drink despite your usage being one of them). I'm sure it helps with respiratory, circulatory, and cardiovascular health a shit ton.
>>
Sophie Sibbleshaw - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:59:03 EST ID:TV5cKxPn No.285763 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>285762
>I'm sure it helps with respiratory, circulatory, and cardiovascular health a shit ton.
I mean in the face of the extra strain that using meth all the time likely puts on these things
>>
Endofdaze !Avm1fqtITk - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:50:28 EST ID:dFX6DYHM No.285764 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>285763

Although probably not a good idea to work out or w/e while actually on meth, at least not heavily. I mean just try to live a healthy lifestyle between using, as much as any meth user does...
>>
Hannah Henkinhood - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:57:03 EST ID:XTQJfSPX No.285765 Ignore Report Quick Reply
take care of your teeth, they will get fucked up long before your body does

i can speak from experience
>>
Sophie Sibbleshaw - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:43:00 EST ID:TV5cKxPn No.285768 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>285764
depends on how in shape you are, how regularly you work out at what intensity level, and whether or not you've slept within the last 24 hours, along with eaten right and stayed well hydrated.

otherwise yeah, probably don't work out on meth like at all unless you want to get pulled muscles, possibly hyperextending your joints from putting too much oompf into your actions or simply being careless, and some extreme dehydration, overheating, and cardiovascular strain

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.