420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
OS cloning. by CharlesSmallfoot.tiff - Thu, 19 Oct 2017 04:36:25 EST ID:MM80YYCH No.121413 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1508402185079.jpg -(204421B / 199.63KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 204421
Sooooup /tech/?

After Windows 7 committing suicide like 40 fucking times between 3-4 oem versions on shitty laptop pawnshop specials, I've said fuck it and just want to clone 1 fresh Windows 7 install to 4 or 5 hard drives. I don't give a fuck about licensing and their stupid windows genuine shit always ends up breaking and annoying the fuck out of me anyways.

If I were to just stop dealing with oem factory resets, lost passwords, and shit and just pop new hard drives into my cheap computers; would that work if they are system image cloned from 1 "master" clean install that is never used? I know they won't be activated and would need whatever daz loader that exists now to get rid of all the other black screen nagging shit but would the OS work or is there some blocker programmed in to keep from raid duplication or creating multiple system images? I've googlefu'd and failed, I don't see an answer if you can clone to separate hard drives without the host drive baleeting itself.

I really just want to have dual boot Windows 7/8/10 on my other computers who all started out as OEM versions anyways but ended up running various linux distro's. Thanks hiffwe

Bonus: Didn't daz loader get turned into malware? Is that also only for cracked versions or just any windows genuine spam?
>>
HeddaSupperspear.pif - Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:55:42 EST ID:tn7nbRb1 No.121414 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You typed out all that shit to wait for answer when you could have just looked it up.
>>
BasilPiffingpen.clp - Sat, 21 Oct 2017 00:27:38 EST ID:EzN+TXnD No.121416 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121413
You cannot actually clone the same system between different computers because of hardware not matching. You can though create an image with updates, programs and all and install to different computers. Use windows easy transfer wizard. sysprep I believe is hidden in windows somewhere natively. Fun I guess. Microsoft easy transfer. These should
migrate between hardware. Sysprep I believe, create a system, update, add wanted programs and it will act as if it is
new install and will recognize hardware as if it were a new install. -
>>
FuckingDebberkadging.dat - Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:00:41 EST ID:34htyq+I No.121417 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121416
Sysprep is in system32

Personally I had no problem running my actual windows install in virtualbox.
>>
AugustusHindlebanks.rm - Fri, 27 Oct 2017 01:59:55 EST ID:yD/S4qdI No.121425 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121417
Yea, I use an extra win7 pro as well a linux distribution of choice in vmware,
but it seems to be lass stable, freezes up compared to like 3 4 earlier releases.

About to just give it up or use an earlier version. The current version doesn't seem to work for the most part, if even that. I have had the same setup
scheme for years. I do though have a separate linux /home partition that I use
with ext2fsd to share with windows, that has seemed to act off here and there. Virtualbox I have had a few minor complaints but it has always worked well.
>>
MatildaDovingsteg.aif - Tue, 07 Nov 2017 06:56:41 EST ID:5XK87fw3 No.121434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121425
I was thinking recent vmware is failing. I think at least 2 previous versions worked well. But updated versions do not.
>>
MatildaDovingsteg.aif - Tue, 07 Nov 2017 06:59:40 EST ID:5XK87fw3 No.121435 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121425
sysprep is a great program. It actually worked well. I just never used it.
>>
SidneyBinningstut.cmf - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 00:15:00 EST ID:ioAGTh+R No.121444 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If one has the time, and a few computers, and some time. SysPrep sounds like it works.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.