420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Technical support by AlbertSoffingford.psd - Wed, 03 Jan 2018 04:21:22 EST ID:Nf0psKKJ No.121504 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1514971282096.png -(64193B / 62.69KB, 276x213) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 64193
Okay so can you tell me what is broken here?

I was playing some games on my desktop, suddenly the monitor goes blank and white. Teamspeak is still working though so i assume it's the monitor.

I restarted and it was still white as soon as i turned on the monitor with no monitor splash screen, I tired multiple cables etc. I also connected a laptop to the monitor and i only got the white screen again.

I grabbed an old TV which has VGA / HDMI input, and tried to connect the pc to that instead however although the TV recognises something is attached there is no display only a black screen. I connected a laptop to this TV via HDMI and then VGA and both displayed perfectly fine.

Have i somehow fried both the monitor and the PC? I mean teamspeak was still working after the screen died but the fact that i cant get any image out of the PC on a separate display is concerning me.

Sorry for the shit thread, i'm just a bit frustrated.
>>
IanSadgeford.art - Wed, 03 Jan 2018 04:41:36 EST ID:Lu761HNF No.121505 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There could have been a power surge that damaged both the monitor and the video card. Have you tried all the ports on both the monitor and the PC?
>>
AlbertSoffingford.psd - Wed, 03 Jan 2018 04:57:28 EST ID:Nf0psKKJ No.121506 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121505
Yeah i've tried
Monitor & P DVI, Displayport & hdmi
TV & P VGA & HDMI

I was going to reseat the graphics card but i figured since the monitor seems fucked anyway that probably wont fix anything.

Monitor just displays white screen when disconnected from everything and won't show up any brightness / contrast options and doesnt come up with "no signal".

Anyway i was thinking power surge myself but surely the PC would have crashed instead of just ruining my card?
>>
IanSadgeford.art - Wed, 03 Jan 2018 05:25:58 EST ID:Lu761HNF No.121507 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121506
If it was a surge it sounds like one component on the card ate it. You should open the case, see if the fan spins, and look for any obvious damage.
>>
AlbertSoffingford.psd - Wed, 03 Jan 2018 05:32:15 EST ID:Nf0psKKJ No.121508 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1514975535096.jpg -(117321B / 114.57KB, 960x724) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>121507
Never mind think i've fixed it, it was an old TV and looks like its VGA input is damaged so that's why there was no display with that cable.

I just got a picture up using a different HDMI cable than the one i was using.

So looks like a faulty port and a bad cable was causing my confusion.
I guess the monitor just decided to take a shit and die, only bought it on the 1st so i'll just get it replaced.

Thanks for giving suggestions though man

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.