Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43072266 by midwest_hottie - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:52:32 EST ID:YFG8HiNl No.121622 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1518785552525.png -(159258B / 155.53KB, 949x719) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 159258
Google has launched an ad-blocker for its Chrome web browser that is designed to prevent "annoying" and "intrusive" ads being shown to users.
Google announced the move to curtail full-page and auto-playing video ads, among others, last year.
The choice of which ads to block will be determined by the Coalition for Better Ads (CBA) - made up of companies including Google and Facebook.
Sites will have 30 days to remove disruptive ads before blocking begins.
A survey of 40,000 US and European web users found that the most intrusive ads were full-page ads that hide the content of a web page and flashing animated ads, according to a blog by Chris Bentzel at Google.

"Chrome will automatically block ads on sites that fail the Better Ads Standards," wrote Bentzel.
"When at least one network request has been blocked, Chrome will show the user a message indicating that ad blocking has occurred as well as an option to disable this setting....."
The ad industry was generally accepting of the move, said Emily Tan, an editor at Campaign magazine.
"At first, people were worried that it would be implementing ad-blocking across the board," she told the BBC.
"Now everyone has a clearer picture of what it does."

Block party
Sites that have already altered the ads they show after being warned by Google include the LA Times and the Chicago Tribune.
However, users who simply want to block as many ads as possible may seek other solutions.
Rival firm Adblock Plus has analysed how effective a CBA ad-detection tool can be, in terms of its ability to block ads described in a CBA white paper published last year.
The analysis found that the CBA blocker failed to prevent ads that re-positioned article text on a web page while users were reading it, for example to make way for auto-playing video ads.
"In total, the new CBA-endorsed ad skimmer will only block 16.4 percent of the ad types listed in its white paper " said a spokeswoman for Adblock Plus.
She added that Adblock Plus blocks 92.7% of ads by comparison.
The Chrome browser is in use on approximately 60% of computers and mobile devices, according to statistics from Stat Counter, W3Counter and Net Applications.
>>
JamesSivingbanks.eml - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 08:39:28 EST ID:isWzROF7 No.121623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
ABP is not a rival firm. Google is not getting into the ad blocking business. Google is slowly twisting the arms of advertisers specifically to undermine the ad blocking business. Also, ABP is garbage.
>>
zedki.luzici - Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:09:47 EST ID:wmCnCRWE No.121636 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121622
I have been using this link added to my hosts file to block most ads: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt I have also added; JavaScript Popup Blocker, No AutoPlay & Stop Autoplay for Youtube to my chrome type browsers. Seems to take out about 90% of the ads.
>>
ErnestFabberfield.raw - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:31:49 EST ID:0rPM4vKf No.121660 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Largest advertiser on the internet blocks competitor's ads natively?

I agree with >>121623 about what the strategy is here, but google keeps throwing around their weight like this... I wonder if it's going to get them into antitrust trouble eventually.
>>
AlbertMezzlenod.css - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:48:37 EST ID:UAHcqrSJ No.121661 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121660

Consider Google is US based. The (mostly right) policans and unwitting, haha 'followers,' made it possible so peoples information can be sold to this highest biddder. So basically no privacy. I doubt google has ever scraped peoples emails.

Heck, don't even have to wait for things to land on a server, ingoingg outgoing information is open to the trump fuks, and basically underminining our whole
internet infracrature. Trying to bring outher nations down along with the whole show deal.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.