Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Invisible Malware? by AngusGoodridge.gid - Sat, 07 Apr 2018 20:34:07 EST ID:4vgTyMsa No.121738 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523147647424.jpg -(275403B / 268.95KB, 1145x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 275403
I've scanned my system fully with Malwarebytes and Eset using a trial version, but it comes out clean. Also tried rkill, nothing.

BUT. I'm suspicious that somethings there, since every so often the program I'm currently using (most often during switching between different windows) will go out of focus, and I can't click on or use anything until I tab into it again. There's no extra stuff in the tab menu though. Should I just go for safe and reformat or is there anything else I can do to check? Tried pressing ALT+F4 when it unfocused, but it didn't return open software to active, only alt+tab works.
>>
ShittingMubberchare.art - Sat, 07 Apr 2018 21:46:55 EST ID:JVi2i32g No.121739 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It sounds like the desktop has focus. It could be any number of things. Malware is pretty far down on the list. If you can, disconnect your mouse for a while.
>>
EmmaSashstick.asc - Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:21:10 EST ID:UqZ5rXJk No.121746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121738
Try malwarebytyes Rootkit killer. Or many of the others. Although it could come down to you not having patched your likely Intel computer (hah, AMD is only susceptible to Spectre v2 and only certain chips). Meltdown and Scepter 1 and 2 install themselves in the CPU, forever. So yeah, if you can't figure it out, format and find your firmware updates for your bios for these. If you have a good amd chip, say a FX8350 or a FX9350 or whatever is even more powerful than the FX-9350, you only have to be slightly worried about Sceptre v2. I got firmware updates for AMD through Linux Mint 17.3 for Sceptre v2.

Maybe make a thumb drive of a Linux version you want, I recommend Boot-Repair OS, it comes with a bunch of forensic and analytics tools, and see how things behave there, and use rkhunter, chkrootkit.. if the windows rootkit apps find nothing, too, could be unfortunate hardware failure somewhere, doing a memtest is a good idea too, a mem stick that starts acting up can cause the weirdest things.
>>
SimonDenderwill.eml - Sat, 14 Apr 2018 11:26:03 EST ID:4vgTyMsa No.121757 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1523719563882.jpg -(236748B / 231.20KB, 861x1473) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>121746
Forgot to get back to the thread, I nuked the windows install and went back to linux already. Would have had to switch in 2020 when Windows 7 security updates stop anyway, and I never would have gotten away from that feeling of knowing something could be there, even if I never found anything.

But this thing about Meltdown/Spectre installing on the CPU, have you read something I haven't? Those were kinda why I was extra suspicious, but they don't really install themselves on the CPU though, they are security holes that are already there and can be abused, correct? How would you install something inherent to the design of the CPU itself?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.