Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Headset Giveaway!

G933 Giveaway     Discussion Thread
Creating a tor site (forgive my skiddiness) by SophieSublinglere.bz2 - Tue, 10 Apr 2018 21:49:15 EST ID:myp9p8mE No.121750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523411355188.jpg -(15014B / 14.66KB, 347x244) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 15014
Honestly it's been over a decade since I fucked with anything computer or programming related. Thing is I have a lot of time on my hands because I'm sort of disabled and out of work atm so I have some time to dick around and learn.

I have a couple questions about what it takes to set up a website through the Tor network. First I'm assuming the only way to be properly secure I would have to physically keep the server in my possession right? Or are there web hosting services out there that are safe to run a tor site through? As far as coding for a website are there some good resources online you could point me to for coding and web server configuration? I don't remember anything.
>>
MartinMupperstone.ram - Tue, 10 Apr 2018 22:35:54 EST ID:JVi2i32g No.121751 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't know man. It's too bad there aren't any guides for how to host a hidden service over Tor.
>>
SophieSublinglere.bz2 - Tue, 10 Apr 2018 22:40:09 EST ID:myp9p8mE No.121752 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121751
I found a basic one but it doesn't address whether remote hosting is a viable option for such a site. And as far as the other I suppose I was looking for specific book recommendations.
>>
FrederickBunstock.mdb - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 03:42:03 EST ID:WCJxj8Y3 No.121775 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Depends how many people you want to host and what you want to do with it. The simplest way is just to buy a raspberry pi and setup linux with apache and tor.

There are tons of tutorials on how to set up a tor hidden service on an RPi.

Of course don't do anything (too) illegal or you will get vanned. And don't expect to be able to serve many users (like 10 max I guess).
>>
SidneyMurdwill.dic - Fri, 18 May 2018 18:22:04 EST ID:B272k1dA No.121821 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121750
Assuming you're still checking this thread.

When you say "a lot of time" how much exactly? Because you can hack together a hidden website in a day but it will be a leaky cardboard siv held together with unrealistic expectations.

Start by learning how to make a secure website on the "real" internets then learn how the tor network works. Then learn how people and governments have hacked tor sites in the past. Then like others said, don't do anything shady because you've probably fucked up along the way at some point.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.