Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
Small everyday hacks by CyrilDimmleworth.ppd - Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:51:31 EST ID:xGG0I8q7 No.121777 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525027891246.jpg -(179258B / 175.06KB, 1920x1079) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 179258
What sort of small hacks have you thrown together to solve small problems?

> have a script that kills all my torrents when the VPN goes down. It just watches tun0 and then runs a killall on a couple programs when that dies.
> made some small modifications to screenkeys that says what some hotkeys do for recording some videos. So now it says "Ctrl-Z (Undo)" instead of just "Ctrl-Z".

I think we all throw together artless solutions like this, and I was just wondering what sorts of things other people get up to.
>>
JarvisSocklewill.hqx - Tue, 01 May 2018 11:57:48 EST ID:vpfE8QdL No.121779 Ignore Report Quick Reply
A script that run at start up and set the gpu fan speed
because linux dont come with one
>>
ThomasPabberbury.hqx - Fri, 04 May 2018 07:16:27 EST ID:kYK1Um02 No.121780 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121777
What the fuck kind of shitty VPN doesn't have a killswitch?
>>
AliceHemmlefoot.html - Fri, 04 May 2018 21:41:15 EST ID:xGG0I8q7 No.121781 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121780
I don't quite know what you mean, but I'm just using openvpn in linux. Is there an easier way? My solution is working for me but I'm totally open to a cleaner answer.
>>
EdwinCluzzlehone.dd - Sat, 05 May 2018 02:59:21 EST ID:m1mrlcV7 No.121782 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121781
You should bind your applications to the VPN interface. You should make sure your torrent client isn't blasting your IP address at DNS servers when your VPN is down though.
>>
ErnestFittingspear.drv - Sun, 06 May 2018 13:19:35 EST ID:xGG0I8q7 No.121789 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121782
Thanks! Looking into it. I can bind my regular torrent client to the vpn, for sure. Not sure how I do that with stremio though, because it's p crap on the backend.

Looked into killswitches too, trying to fingure out how they work. Is that a function that proprietary vpn clients offer that I've basically just reimplemented with a script anyways?
>>
AlbertNushnudging.rtf - Mon, 07 May 2018 00:50:56 EST ID:tpsiNw4l No.121792 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121789
>that I've basically just reimplemented with a script anyways?
Not really, killswitches stop all internet traffic if/when the VPN connection is broken to prevent your system from falling back to the regular connection and exposing your IP. When the VPN automatically reconnects, the killswitch turns off and allows traffic again so anything that was running continues to run and needs no interaction from you.
>>
NicholasGoddleham.fnt - Mon, 07 May 2018 15:36:38 EST ID:j4JX6HIS No.121794 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121792
Oh. In that case my usecase is a bit different.

I just pop off vpn sometimes to reduce lag, for reasons. But I'm a dumbass and sometimes forget I have a torrent client running in the background. I just don't want to catch a strike in the time between when I do something stupid and when I realize I did something stupid. So I just leave a small script running, to help me not fuck up.

I wouldn't want to block non-VPN traffic on a drop because it'd probably just get in the way when I do it intentionally.
>>
AliceTrotcocke.pub - Thu, 17 May 2018 20:58:50 EST ID:VE/AF86e No.121816 Ignore Report Quick Reply
just some .bat files tied to keyboard shortcuts to navigate faster. And other stuff to customize uncustomizable wangblows stuff.

@echo off
mode con: cols=32 lines=8
color 04
title .=~^^~=. IP DISPLAY .=~^^~=.

set /a hand=%random% %% 2
if %hand%==0 goto opip1
if %hand%==1 goto opip2

:opip1
Timeout /t 1 >nul
ipconfig | findstr /i "ipv4"
echo (^>")>
Timeout /t 1 >nul
echo ^<("<)
goto opip1

:opip2
echo ^<(" )>
Timeout /t 1 >nul
echo ^<( ")>
Timeout /t 1 >nul
goto opip2
>>
EugeneCollykig.ffo - Wed, 23 May 2018 20:04:22 EST ID:3XkSuKlC No.121823 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1527120262623.jpg -(87902B / 85.84KB, 598x614) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>121794
>But I'm a dumbass and sometimes forget I have a torrent client running in the background. I just don't want to catch a strike in the time between when I do something stupid and when I realize I did something stupid.

Does the client let you pick which adapter to use? Tixati does and you can pick the VPN client. If it disconnects your torrents all stop.
>>
FuckGubbleshit.swf - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 22:00:40 EST ID:RZ3Bgh6T No.121933 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533175240849.jpg -(24683B / 24.10KB, 403x420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Building my own hyper-visor visualization host from scratch using Arch Linux and KVM. Currently have Windows 10 installed on an Msata card that is a pcie sata card being passed through to the container along with a 1080 ti gpu and a usb 3.0 card. I will make my host os clean and base it like qubes os and make remove it's network capability. I will have an openwrt server with the NIC passed through to it and use it to distribute internet amongst my VMs and also make my host update over one of those servers as-well since it doesn't have LAN. I will have multiple template VMs for different linux distros and then different snapshots for different purposes all using libvirt sandbox to only share the x session for the requested application instead of the entire Desktop Environment. All this and it will be a multi user host instead of a single user like qubes. A super computer for the family. Managing all vpns, cell phones, back ups and and anything else your family needs. Gaming, surveillance, weather, homework etc. I want virtual android and IOS nodes that your phone will interact with over 4G if your signal is adequate. So not quite a small every day hack, but a bunch of medium sized projects crammed into my life's dream. A super computer in every home.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.