Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
DNS by NicholasSerrywet.pif - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 11:13:48 EST ID:C+qNduiL No.121828 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528298028663.jpg -(26974B / 26.34KB, 581x278) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 26974
This has been happening every damn day, would switching to Google DNS or something else fix it?
>>
CorneliusChapperway.wri - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 13:39:56 EST ID:vpfE8QdL No.121829 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yea switch and complain to your isp to fix their shit
>>
JohnHemmerworth.sit - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 18:46:24 EST ID:d1gl50EK No.121830 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121828
Do you have point to point wireless ISP?
>>
FuckingWullyderk.dir - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 11:29:21 EST ID:GTcT0iVj No.121831 Ignore Report Quick Reply
use quad9 or something else that cares about your privacy over google dns.

Really, now that it's legal for your isp to sell your browsing history, everyone in the US should probably be using a privacy focused DNS and making sure to browse HTTPS.
>>
MatildaGiblingfere.com - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 13:37:12 EST ID:lACPkGQe No.121833 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121828
There are many open (public) dns servers. (Open dns) has been popular for years. My ISP only has two servers. So they will fail here and there. Aside they will keep, sell peoples browsing history. Kinda a broad subject.

Easiest bet is use dnscrypt, your dns requests will not be seen by your ISP. They usually resolve near instantly. A VPN as well for privacy.
>>
HamiltonSnodson.art - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 06:24:51 EST ID:7F/QA+Tm No.121834 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121833
>Aside they will keep, sell peoples browsing history. Kinda a broad subject.
>A VPN as well for privacy.

It always strikes me a weird when people trust a rinky-dink VPN operator operated by some anonymous schmoe more than a large ISP. Who has more to gain from abusing your data?
Just sayin'
>>
DavidFissleshaw.bin - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 16:59:18 EST ID:K6Z1yXWQ No.121838 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121834
Google had taken peoples emails by the masses and scraped key words. Targeting people with very unwanted ads with ad bots that were very intrusive, offensive because they were incorrect.

Relative passed, get ads for retirement homes.

Now 'anything goes'. A VPN will make it impossible for large ISPs to see your DNS queries
as well your data. I have seen main DNS server queries. Thousands every moment.

Remember carnivore? ISPs are forced to keep people dns queries.
>>
ErnestBavingwat.pdf - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 17:16:22 EST ID:BzWrvcIa No.121839 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121838
None of which is to say you can trust your VPN provider. You should treat all networks as hostile.
>>
OliverClayspear.log - Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:43:25 EST ID:V651feNP No.121849 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121839
OK, as of now, the right of congress and maybe some liberals made it now possible that you have 'zero' as in fkn 'zero' privacy in your basic communications. Included with it, you cannot easily pursue a lawsuit no matter how information is misused by the ISPs.
Political issues, who is to say enough $$ would not produce private info. Right-wing congress, selling private communications, shopping etc, to the highest bidder.

VPNs have privacy policies. If they stray away from security/privacy policies the will get called on it pretty quickly.
This has been proven to be true over and over. Every computer scholar, ethical hacker says use a VPN.
>>
EdwardSnodham.hqx - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 00:44:53 EST ID:BzWrvcIa No.121850 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121849
>If they stray away from security/privacy policies the will get called on it pretty quickly.
Oh, sweet summer child. You are now aware that you know next to nothing about your VPN provider's management, the people they hire, and the data centers they do business with. You can cut out some of the middle men and set up your own VPN service, but the trust problem is intractable.

>Every computer scholar, ethical hacker says use a VPN.
I'm pretty sure it was Bruce Schneier who said "VPNs protect your data, Tor protects [your privacy]". Can I have your list of every ethical hacker tho? I need it for a thing.
>>
AngusBushpot.doc - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 04:33:06 EST ID:omrUQaXe No.121851 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121850

>>If they stray away from security/privacy policies the will get called on it pretty quickly.

>Oh, sweet summer child. You are now aware that you know next to nothing about your VPN provider's management, the people they hire,
>and the data centers they do business with.

There are corporations that have to rely on commercial VPN services as well other services. A bit more expensive but, they need to rely on their data to be secure.
You have to understand which services are proven to be reliable. Plenty of reviews out there what have shown to be flawed at the time they were tested. My service
gets high reviews, kind of expensive, but I do know a fatal flaw that dnsleaktest.com will say, no issues. But I can patch that. But again it is the highest ranking service
by cnet, etc. Again it has a flaw that dns leak tests will say no issues.

>You can cut out some of the middle men and set up your own VPN service, but the trust problem is intractable.

Any way you look at it there would have to be a middle man. Service is needed to accomplish these either way.

>>Every computer scholar, ethical hacker says use a VPN.

>I'm pretty sure it was Bruce Schneier who said "VPNs protect your data, Tor protects [your privacy]".

Tor is fine, developed originally by the US Navy. Distrust huh. It is used by military, law enforcement
today just as well. It can be exploited just as well. Setting up hundreds of servers in a week would
be basically trivial provided they have enough resources. Possible fatal flaw is timing attacks.
Where if one can see your internet traffic in the entry node, and the exit node and correlate
these. Governments. etc with enough resources could set up a hundred servers in a week
to try to accomplish this.

>Can I have your list of every ethical hacker tho? I need it for a thing.

My list, go fuk yourself. Ha ha. I

Every ethical hacker? Surely though you do know what term 'ethical hackers' are commonly refereed to as
to begin with?

What thing though do you speak of for you thing?, your college course?

Gonna be into computer security I assume? Computer security, you and everybody's mother wants to be t
hat. Ain't gonna happen. Sorry if that is your angle. You have to know your shit, big time, like everything.

I secured a network of a up and coming executive for one of the most known medical corporation in the us.
He had higher level access to the network, to work from his mansion, I guess I would call it.
If his home network were compromised, it could have wreaked havoc on a lot of things if some talented
hackers, (unethical, what does that term for unethical hackers?) It could have been hacked in moments,
depending. To understand the seriousness of what even losing his connection would be, when securing
the network, this was to be expected, I told him this. That his internet would go out for a bit, it did but did
not come right back on. He was ahhh almost in tears. Like his whole world was over. He was making 3 figures.
I just told him to reset his 'modem.' All was cool.

Mistake, I could have charged him hundreds, maybe an easy grand. But, it was a basic favor for somebody.
60 dollars. Oh well.

I once got a hold of some executives laptops, the largest liquor distributor in the world, literally. Looked though
the contents for a few. literally thousands, I mean thousands of contacts through out the wolr, europe,
warehouses, distributors. Easy info to accesses, or have control of soo many aspects. It was likely worth millions,
this was when XP was going to 7, end of support. I just cringed at the $$ there, but federal prison. Eh it's not my thing
anyway. I just wiped the drives a few minutes after seeing what was there. Moral of this story was, nobody wiped or
destroyed the drives. My part was about ethics.

My list of ethical hackers, again fuk yourself.
>>
EdwardSnodham.hqx - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:09:50 EST ID:BzWrvcIa No.121852 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121851
jolly african-american no one is going to read all that shit.
>>
FannyFashlug.reg - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:27:52 EST ID:GgWytwff No.121853 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121852
I read it. /tech/'s under academia, my man... read long posts.
>>
FannyMurdbanks.cmd - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 19:00:58 EST ID:nG8Ch3F8 No.121857 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121852
Takes what, a mere 30 seconds, a minute.
>>
AngusDroshshaw.xml - Thu, 28 Jun 2018 21:03:44 EST ID:R/kDssfA No.121885 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>121828
OpennDns, DnsCrypt. Proven better than ISPs servers. Faster browsing. Cannot log
sites you visit. Well difficult with opendns, basically impossible with dnscrypt.

Who needs government, that is what this is really all about, having ISPs by default record sites one visits by their IP address. Make their control less
capable by using encryption. Dns, Vpn, etc,

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.