Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

RaspberryPi by EdwardBlongerpidge.smd - Fri, 28 Dec 2018 15:14:43 EST ID:kh7VUfsV No.122192 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1546028083660.jpg -(80478B / 78.59KB, 672x371) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 80478
So I recently bought a rtl8812au USB WIFI adapter that works with 5g and 2.4g wifi as tested on my Pi 3 B which is running Kali Linux (would rather have parrot security OS but fails to extract from WinRar when I download) but I have one major problem. I was assured by my fish that the product would support monitor mode but when I try to do so I get this error

not a raspberry pi 3, B+ or zero wireless cannot put in monitor mode

I looked up some how-to tutorials for more monitor mode information yet even after trying commands like "iw phy add monitor enable" (just an example of PART of a command i used) i still get another error that basically said monitor mode is not functional...

if i were using a VM on a computer to bridge the connection that for one thing would be easier but im using a direct .iso of kali, not the berryboot image either..

btw i mostly bought the thing just so my pi could get monitor mode on 5g, plus incase there are no 2.4 around I could surf the web on 5g if it's all that's available, which now I can but that's only half my problem resolved ahhh.. >_<
>>
EdwardBlongerpidge.smd - Fri, 28 Dec 2018 15:22:37 EST ID:kh7VUfsV No.122193 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>122192
OP here, For those of you wondering yes it is the offical Realtek RTL8812AU from zsecurity website, shipped from China. Not a fake
>>
GrahamDibblewater.maq - Sun, 30 Dec 2018 11:43:12 EST ID:Qx3lfgFz No.122195 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>122192
I dunno anything about it, but there's many on the amazon reviews saying similiar things. Maybe you'll find some solution if you dig in there a bit.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.