Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Crashing ONLY on First Boot of the day !? by BetsyFullerkit.cur - Mon, 07 Jan 2019 04:37:23 EST ID:84Mqscjj No.122203 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1546853843205.png -(863372B / 843.14KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 863372
My new computer is working really fine, truly. Except for one major issue.

When I power it on and it's been a few hours since it last ran, I am 100% guaranteed to crash.

So basically the crashes are super predictable and only happen when it's that "first boot of the day".

It will happen either:

1) During the boot process: It will freeze right as I get the screen where I can choose to enter the BIOS, select a boot device, etc.

2) Unfortunately it sometimes manages to go past that and reaches Windows 10. The boot into Windows itself is fast but just a couple seconds into it, everything will get incredibly slow and it will very quickly become completely unresponsive, leaving me with another frozen screen.

Now the really weird part (to me at least):

After that initial crash, basically all I have to do is restart. Then my PC will be as stable as can be and won't crash again during this session. My PC literally has NEVER crashed outside of that "first boot of the day" thing. Not once. It never even came close. Not even after being stressed from demanding apps and staying on for prolonged periods of time. It never suffered from performance issues either.

I did quite some Googling before deciding to post here but it didn't yield any relevant results.

Hence why I'm now turning to you guys. Has anyone got any idea where the problem could be coming from? I am so clueless here.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Pic related, I run a Ryzen 5 2600.
>>
BetsyFullerkit.cur - Mon, 07 Jan 2019 04:42:23 EST ID:84Mqscjj No.122204 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Additional info that could help (?)

1) I found out that I can avoid crashes by putting it to sleep instead of shutting it down entirely (at least most of the time). Even if it's been hibernating for say, 12 hours, upon waking up it will usually be fine, although I do believe this technique failed me once or twice but it was fairly rare. Maybe 10 to 20% crash rate then, I can't remember all too well.

2) When I didn't crash early (which meant I was going to crash in Windows for sure, not good) I tried entering the BIOS to see if I would crash there too. Nothing unusual happened, everything was fine. I stayed there for 5 solid minutes just to make sure, rebooted and...

Well you guessed it: my PC crashed, again. It was morning and therefore its first boot of the day (hadn't used it for 10 hours+).
>>
MatildaGreenforth.ani - Mon, 07 Jan 2019 10:55:23 EST ID:JBYBjMl6 No.122205 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If it hangs immediately after POST it sounds like a flakey motherboard or add-on card. The first boot of the day thing sounds like confirmation bias on your part.
>>
CarolineBleggleworth.gif - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 08:53:47 EST ID:qEnw3SO+ No.122206 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>122203
Sometimes my system doesn't load the mouse and keyboard drivers. Like there would be absolutely no connection between the mobo and the peripherals when the computer starts. Restart always fixes the problem. It only happens occasionally.
I have no idea why. I kinda do because this mobo is made for win10 and had to kinda workaround to make it work on win7, my preferred system at the time of installation. Actually ASUS itself makes the program to make their win10 boards win7 ready. So the problem lies there somewhere, but why it only happens sometimes, and what triggers it, I have no idea.
Just a related story

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.