420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Where to order custom plastic parts ? by Reuben Clockleway - Wed, 04 Nov 2015 16:48:00 EST ID:mF3DWO7C No.6830 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1446673680037.jpg -(153916B / 150.31KB, 800x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 153916
I hope this is the right thread.
Can anyone link me to a company that does custom plastic parts ? I live in the EU if that matters.
The part i need to order is a 10,5 x 10,5 x 1,5 box that is empty inside. How would you design a simple box like that so it would be nice to look at and access the inside?, Just make the bottom a different piece and add screw holders to the inside corners ? Also id like the product to be off the surface about 0.5 cm. What would be the best way to achieve this ? Legs ofc but any good ideas ?

If plastic molding is not the best option you can think of than what would be to produce around 50 of these kind of boxes for the beginning ? Was thinking about wood but it has to be commercially acceptable and if i need to make 50 boxes i am afraid they wont look all 1:1 the same hehh..

Thanks and dont mind the typos:) !
>>
Matilda Ceffingbury - Thu, 05 Nov 2015 00:24:45 EST ID:+OphRC9Y No.6831 Ignore Report Quick Reply
alibaba
>>
M - Thu, 05 Nov 2015 02:51:24 EST ID:RYyTyznT No.6832 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>6830
If you want the boxes to be custom, you could have them injection moulded, this would however cost a crapload of money for just 50 pieces. (a very cheap mould would probably be at least 5000EUR).
3D printing is very cheap but the surface finish is inferior and the quality would very much depend on where you printed it.
>>
Polly Clollerpig - Sun, 08 Nov 2015 07:57:49 EST ID:z0IUPjyn No.6833 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you only need 50 make the boxes out of plywood or acrylic with a laser cutter.
It's way cheaper than 3D printing and manually assembling them isn't that much work.
>>
A Wizard - Wed, 16 Dec 2015 01:49:50 EST ID:XN1Cd6M9 No.6854 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>6830

Find some fourth graders. I'm pretty sure they won't need much instruction.
>>
Ernest Gabberstuck - Mon, 21 Nov 2016 15:07:37 EST ID:nz8yEnGt No.7016 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>6830

>>6832

you can have them hydraulic pressed into forms that are in the shape and size of your desired plates, which you then glue or weld together. Also you dont even need it in the same size but you can cut them from bigger one.
>>
William Hobberwedging - Thu, 24 Nov 2016 13:17:14 EST ID:LMSWX1C6 No.7017 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The Brits use to have a shit ton of industry in the day, and I have machines that are proof of those olden days of industry. Although every time I deal with them trying to get parts for said machines, they seem to be reluctant, because that they seem to really hate having to deal with international shipping. I mean I could refer you to a shit ton of shops within the US. Look up industrial parks in your area and then check out what's there. You might find some plastic molding shops, or at least some machines shops that make you molds for you to use. Little, dank job shops are usually the most desperate for work, but even mid sized 20+ machine shops will work with you off the street. Mega shops not so much.
>>
Ian Turveyfoot - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:42:42 EST ID:IZhvBj47 No.7113 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just make the boxes out of laser cut panels, either with acrylic or plywood.
That will be the most economical version if you make the CAD drawings yourself.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.