420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Arduino/rasp Pi or other by tech head - Sun, 25 Sep 2016 04:01:48 EST ID:0BrDnpk/ No.6998 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1474790508049.jpg -(18223B / 17.80KB, 353x277) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 18223
hey tesla/
does anyone know how to make an interactive audio installation using Arduino or Raspberry Pi to trigger pre-recorded loops that synchronize?

would love to create but dont know how!

Should I be on another board?

Think engineers would have a field day tho!
>>
Fucking Banningstog - Tue, 27 Sep 2016 02:05:23 EST ID:OiQL0CQb No.6999 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>6998
Maybe /m/, that's a busier board, you're more likely to find some sound engie or roadie or DJ who knows how to set up stuff like that.
>>
Sophie Tillingdock - Mon, 03 Oct 2016 13:19:43 EST ID:LMSWX1C6 No.7006 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>6998

What's your familiarity with programming and setting up software packages you've never used before? I'd say you need either a good intermediate knowledge of C++, or Java (takes more packages to get working) or whatever language they might have compatibility with now.
On the Arduino I'm sure you could copy paste from preexisting MIDI projects and customize it a bit. It would still be best to have fundamental understanding of the syntax and semantics of the language.
Now you could allows hook that to an old laptop and have the little MIDI controller you essential just made defined on your DAW.
If you insist on it being on the Rasberry Pi, you either got to find a preexisting similar project and configure it to your needs. You'll need a simple audio library that supports simultaneous sounds. I'm not sure how well the R-Pi can handle audio processing, if it's giving it to much trouble you might have to reduce the sample rates of the audio files.

So either some intermediate programming skills, or just try diving balls deep into the preexisting tutorials and projects and mangling them till they work for you.
>>
Edwin Gizzleson - Fri, 21 Oct 2016 04:00:11 EST ID:H926XZ8b No.7010 Ignore Report Quick Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4QY5Z8LBEo
>>
Charlotte Fullyridge - Sun, 15 Jan 2017 16:12:56 EST ID:umzRyjso No.7039 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yes i have a rasp pi and while it's a little piece of shit, I just need to get a case for it and install a touchpad.
It runs linux and will absolutely handle homebrew audio stuff, as you can absolutely add sensors like mic and audio in and there's both a 3.5 jack and an hdmi port that does audio out to the tv system.
right now I can play piano on my keyboard, mp3 & youtube.
add a midi pad and you can do digital effects with like garageband or fender fuse, something like that
I wouldn't bother with arduino
>>
Cedric Goodford - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 14:42:10 EST ID:IZhvBj47 No.7112 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Get a raspberry pi 3, learn to set it up so it runs headless.
I'd use this for the task at hand, but your approach will differ.
https://github.com/AleChelli/RaspberryPi-Chuck-Machine

Well at least you have to know some programming language already, right?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.