420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
GD&T for Dumb-dumbs by Samuel Bepperpure - Tue, 28 Mar 2017 22:02:10 EST ID:LMSWX1C6 No.7114 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490752930604.jpg -(54617B / 53.34KB, 456x406) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 54617
What are some of the best GD&T resources that don't make you want to shove a nail through your eyesockets?

I've got The Ultimate GD&T Pocket Guide, and it's not to bad, but still self-referential in areas, or doesn't go into enough detail on certain subjects.

I think CNCookbook has a GD&T course, and I know his stuff is usually straightforward. I'll have to check that out sometime soon.
>>
Shit Worringdock - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:51:10 EST ID:IZhvBj47 No.7115 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Your mechanical engineering high school textbook(s) perhaps?
I had 4 volumes, but they are long lost.
>>
Barnaby Gindlekag - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:19:18 EST ID:LMSWX1C6 No.7116 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>7115

Never went to school for it, so no textbooks to reference.

Been in the manufacturing field working with my father as a kid, since the early 00's. The thing is that the old easy to read dimensional drawings are slowly being phased out in certain industries towards pure GD&T true position messes. It pays more if you're fluent in it, but it's certainly a lot of hieroglyphs that take time to get use to. .

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.