420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
What MTG Deck Are You Playing? by Atone - Fri, 20 May 2016 00:02:22 EST ID:PbgTvDQn No.28117 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1463716942050.jpg -(25460B / 24.86KB, 312x445) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 25460
I've enjoyed looking at the decklists in the Yugioh thread, but it's been a very long time since I've played that game. Can we have a thread where we post our MTG decklists? I don't need much or any context, just show me what you're playing right now.

I'm currently playing Standard B/U Aristocrats. Having a lot of fun with it on Friday nights: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-04-16-dimir-aristocrats/
>>
Caroline Bruddlewark - Fri, 20 May 2016 10:40:46 EST ID:VNFlxgjM No.28118 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1463755246863.png -(122604B / 119.73KB, 223x311) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm playing a modified version of the Rallying Cry intro deck with Hero of Goma Fada and Gideon, Ally of Zendikar at the helm. I'm waiting for my friend to give me the Captian's Claws he ordered for me so I can equip them to my Angelic Captian (gets a +1/+1 for every attacking ally, and CC gives a 1/1 Kor ally that comes in attacking) and the CC's also triggers other Ally abilities, so with that I can have a pretty good board presence.

I only play casual but I may take it to FNM since i'm mostly standard legal.

So if anything, just look for the Rallying Cry intro deck and that's basically what i'm running with a few different cards.
>>
Augustus Crudgeledge - Fri, 20 May 2016 12:20:12 EST ID:b2d0BfqW No.28119 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28117
Rhys EDH: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-05-16-Cdf-rhys-edh/
I love tokens, so this deck kinda goes crazy with them. it's only way of winning is via combat, which normally isn't a problem since the deck can easily go wide and pump up creatures, but I like having a plan b. i also would like a sac outlet in case of board wipe effects. the deck recovers quickly, but it would be nice to have something to show for it. maybe i need another evolutionary leap. the deck also chugs along nicely without rhys.

Meren EDH: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-05-16-gra-meren/
I like this deck because it has different ways of winning. Combat, pinging from zulaport cutthroat, building a huge dude and sacking to jarad, etc. the deck needs meren to get going, but can survive without her.

I'm thinking of building a deck around the gitrog monster & playing it fair, just getting huge card advantage (without slowly dredging up the whole library and misery charming everyone over and over). but then what? plus, a lot of cards that take advantage of having lands in the graveyard are kind of expensive

As you can see, i'm not really competitive. i don't play modern or standard, just really draft & casual EDH.

>28117
I've loved nantuko husk ever since i won my first draft because of it back in the day. i really dig the aristocrats archetype.
>>
HalDidntDoIt !2vlFukDhqg - Sun, 22 May 2016 00:13:37 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28120 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1463890417469.jpg -(91094B / 88.96KB, 600x453) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
My current favorite EDH deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-wiz-4/

My current favorite Standard deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/amalgam/

My current favorite Modern deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-05-16-backlash/
>>
silent protagonist - Tue, 24 May 2016 16:53:16 EST ID:xnjGTa/3 No.28123 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hello, I have never made an MTG deck before. I only play sometimes with my girlfriend, who reluctantly indulges me using my Duel Decks. Using my very limited resources (probably less than 100 cards I've acquired over the last year) I came up with this:

Land:
10x Swamp
11x Plains

Black dudes:
2x Typhoid Rats
Walking Corpse
2x Witch's Familiar
Tooth Collector
Paragon of Open Graves
Zof Shade
Gravedigger
Ghoulsteed
Sengir Vampire
Nightmare

Black other:
Crippling Blight
Sign in Blood
Night Terrors
2x Flesh to Dust

White dudes:
2x Soulmender
Cathedral Sanctifier
Ajani's Pridemate
2x Oreskos Swiftclaw
Kinsbaile Skirmisher
Dauntless Cathar
Midnight Guard
Paragon of New Dawns
Serra Angel
Tireless Missionaries
Aegis Angel

White other:
Chaplain's Blessing
Divine Favor
Marked by Honor
Silverstrike
Inspired Charge
Divine Verdict

Colourless:
Staff of the Death Magus
Staff of the Sun Magus
Witness the End

My experience in card games is largely early Pokémon - made lots of decks and tested them several times per week. I had lots of YuGiOh cards but didn't get to play that as much, maybe once a month, my my deck creation skills for that are poor. I can still make cool usable decks out of my thousands of Pokémon cards. In Magic, I have little/no idea. I remember trying to make decks first playing Pokémon and loving to iterate on them and improve them based on multiple plays against real opponents. Play, tweak. Play, tweak. In Magic, I don't have that ability to play all the time against different opponents. If I could make any kind of deck, it would end up including Blue, for sure. Magic is too complicated, that's why it's not (more) popular. There doesn't need to be Sorcery, Enchantment, Artifact, etc. Just make all those one type. Instants, Creatures, Lands, and [somecategory] is all it needs.
>>
Clara Chambledock - Tue, 24 May 2016 17:39:16 EST ID:VNFlxgjM No.28124 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28123
Magic is the least complicated card game i've ever played. Pokemon was more complicated to me than Magic.

And blue is pretty fun if you like being an asshole. Bounce. Counter. Tap. Mill.
>>
Ernest Peblingdetch - Sat, 11 Jun 2016 03:28:51 EST ID:J1xfjkhv No.28146 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I made a number of decks today, but only one I uploaded as a decklist. Haven't tried it out yet, but it can get pretty nasty for what I need it to do.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bg-counter-fun/

I also have a number of EDH decks that I adore and play frequently:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-02-15-narset-enchantment-master/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blue-christmas-2/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-11-14-the-hive/

Also, to help people learn to play, I make mono-color theme decks to keep in a fat pack, along with an artifact deck. I switch the decks up every so often to show different playstyles with each color. If anyone's interested, I could write up the decklists for the current iterations.
>>
Ernest Peblingdetch - Sat, 11 Jun 2016 03:29:15 EST ID:J1xfjkhv No.28147 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28146
Almost forgot my pride and joy:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvala-the-crazy-cat-lady/
>>
Eliza Nodgeford - Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:12:05 EST ID:4WVuTt9d No.28148 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28147
do you ever announce a spell, then try to pay with it via Selvala, but she doesn't generate enough mana for the spell?

What happens there?
>>
Cornelius Dobberlidge - Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:15:10 EST ID:J1xfjkhv No.28149 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28148
I never cast before making sure I can pay it in full.
>>
Samuel Punnerwat - Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:41:52 EST ID:fE6tCHkc No.28151 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28148

you can't put a spell on the stack without paying its casting cost.
>>
Beatrice Bruffingway - Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:54:58 EST ID:6SjAvmcn No.28156 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1466542498697.jpg -(30716B / 30.00KB, 223x310) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28151
but you must announce a spell before paying its costs.

try using Selvala after you announce that you're paying for panglacial wurm from the library. you know what's on the top of your library, but (probably) not anyone else's. if you don't get enough mana, you have to undo everything you can. that means you can undo other mana abilities (like untapping your lands), but you can't undo selvala because she moves cards around different zones, so everyone gets their card, selvala remains tapped and the mana she produces (if any) stays in your mana pool.
>>
Charlotte Blackgold - Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:08:55 EST ID:wsnBqxYr No.28158 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1466654935561.png -(39524B / 38.60KB, 790x354) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28124
It's not particular complicated from a practical perspective, but if you wanna get technical about it, magic is cumbersome to the point of being unplayable

It's a rather interesting element of the game, honestly (one of my motivations for studying to be L1 judge)

To explain, a post by a L5 judge on circlejerk
>>
Nicholas Chingerworth - Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:12:07 EST ID:Agko2rjU No.28159 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28158
the pictured post completely ignores the the fact that shortcuts are allowed within the rules of the game. you don't have to formally pass priority you can cast a spell, announce another or move to the next phase and your opponent can say, "wait a minute, i want to respond". this is legal at all levels.

the token thing is wrong too. the rules don't define anything about what the physical representation of a token has to be. i understand that post is from at least 4 years ago though, so maybe that changed.
>>
Charlotte Blackgold - Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:55:14 EST ID:wsnBqxYr No.28160 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1466704514561.png -(88009B / 85.95KB, 788x728) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28159
It's actually meant to do the exact opposite, lol.

It's talking how maintaining a perfect legal gamestate by the CR to the letter is absolutely beyond cumbersome; to the point of being unfun, however in practice rules from a technical sense are bent to broken near constantly. Therefore, if both players are both attempting to keep a legal and legible gamestate, this is acceptable. Otherwise the pace of the game is ground to a halt for what are essentially bureaucratic reasons

However, if an issue arises while in the game in the theoretically "flawed" way its played, the rules (and knowledgable judges) are there to fix any issues

The philosophy of the rules of Magic is one of the most fascinating aspects of it to me, it's what has kept my attention for so long.

A post later in the same thread which explains this with a few more examples
>>
Charlotte Blackgold - Thu, 23 Jun 2016 14:10:40 EST ID:wsnBqxYr No.28161 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28159
Also, to the token point (you bring up something interesting here)

Within the comprehensive rules, there is no definition for how a token should be marked on the battlefield, so in that sense you are correct. However, within the tournament rules:

A player must bring the following items to a tournament in order to participate:
• A physical, visible, and reliable method to maintain and record game information (tokens, score
counters, pen and paper, and so on).

What Toby was getting at more with the bit about a glass bead for marking a token and a judge could come crashing down on you for it (although however, shouldn't) is in regards to trying to keep the known information of the gamestate easily...known (without having someone to remember what it's marking and its characteristics)

Finding the specific tokens needed for a deck is also relatively inexpensive, additionally
>>
HalDidntDoIt !2vlFukDhqg - Sat, 25 Jun 2016 23:55:27 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28161
They just want to be sure that what you are using as tokens could not be construed as some other game object, like a face down morph creature or counters on another permanent.
>>
Martha Buzzworth - Sun, 26 Jun 2016 03:06:02 EST ID:wsnBqxYr No.28165 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28164
I'd say that's a fair point, but tokens being tapped or untapped for combat is an important (and easily forgettable, making it harder to backtrack the games for any investigations/backups) measure of the game, which is hard to illustrate or track without a rectangular token of some sort (token card or proxy of some sort)
>>
Ernest Bebberwell - Mon, 27 Jun 2016 13:15:00 EST ID:aUj65hdo No.28166 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28165
But what happens when you have that "spawn a goblin for every goblin in play" legendary goblin and he's been on the field a few turns?

That's why pen and paper are permissable. You could just write it down I guess.
>>
Phineas Gannerwire - Mon, 27 Jun 2016 22:37:16 EST ID:J1xfjkhv No.28168 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28166
goblins ain't got shit on squirrels
>>
HalDidntDoIt !2vlFukDhqg - Mon, 27 Jun 2016 23:41:01 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28169 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28166
If I'm playing a deck that makes large numbers of a specific type of token, I make sure I have two real token cards for the type in question. I use one to represent all that are tapped and one to represent all that are untapped and I use a d20 on each to show how many of each state I have.
>>
Jack Fannerhood - Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:31:40 EST ID:6SjAvmcn No.28170 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28169
what if only 1 or 2 of them get a +1/+1 or -1/-1 counter somehow?

I have a token deck. I have 52 blank playing cards. i just write "elf warrior" or "saproling" on them as needed.
>>
HalDidntDoIt !2vlFukDhqg - Wed, 29 Jun 2016 14:13:17 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28173 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28170
Any individual that has a state different from the others gets it's own token. It's honestly only come up a couple times.
>>
Fuck Senkinshaw - Fri, 08 Jul 2016 22:40:57 EST ID:/yKzbt+T No.28188 Ignore Report Quick Reply
BRW Self-mill deck based around Master the Way. My first attempt at building a deck with any real substance to it. It involves getting out cards that give me an unlimited hand size, then card drawing the fuck out of myself with Arcanis the Omnipotent and a combination of Trident of Thassa and Thopter Spy Network. Hopefully everything works out and I can drop a Master the Way with enough damage on it to instakill along with a contingency counter card in my massive hand in case things go awry. Recently I splashed white into it to give more combat ability with things like Righteous Authority and a fuckton of flying cards to sneak in the damage I need
>>
Fucking Wallymore - Sat, 09 Jul 2016 00:07:58 EST ID:ExXQaX8U No.28189 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1468037278796.jpg -(30463B / 29.75KB, 223x310) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28188
cool. there isn't a lot of instant speed discard, so as long as you can protect yourself long enough to cast Master the Way, it should be pretty safe

saviors of kamigawa had a "hand size matters" theme, if you're looking for more ideas. pic related is a cool card, but way too slow unless you cheat it into play somehow.
>>
chronicthehemphog !.6Y6Ozl6tM - Tue, 02 Aug 2016 14:19:27 EST ID:FX59RhHD No.28216 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Im trying to build a Vampire EDH and this is what I have so far.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-08-16-vampire-edh/
>>
chronicthehemphog !.6Y6Ozl6tM - Tue, 02 Aug 2016 14:33:53 EST ID:FX59RhHD No.28217 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28120
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-05-16-backlash/
That is brutal. Do you want to play me sometime? I don't know how to do so but maybe, if its okay to share steam names, can you post it?
>>
Graham Suzzlechatch - Sat, 06 Aug 2016 14:05:44 EST ID:1sefqfNT No.28223 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1470506744249.jpg -(31009B / 30.28KB, 223x310) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28216

>Mindcrank without Bloodchief Ascension

For what purpose
>>
Shit Claydale - Sat, 27 Aug 2016 11:47:33 EST ID:fJT0IiG9 No.28248 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just dug up my modified prebuilt elf token deck, haven't played in like 5 years but might play later with a couple buddies.
>>
Wesley Peffingbanks - Wed, 31 Aug 2016 04:56:17 EST ID:hx56bmN9 No.28250 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1472633777083.gif -(36947B / 36.08KB, 720x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
so I just started playing this game yesterday.
I downloaded the duels and also purchased a blessed vs cursed duel pack for my gf and i to play.
but we really suck lol. theres so much info online, any good beginner tips.
>>
William Biblingdock - Mon, 05 Sep 2016 18:14:59 EST ID:gF5CNx65 No.28259 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28250
Pro tips

>Play blue
>fill deck with nothing but mill cards (cards that makes your opponent put cards into their graveyard) and counters, pref ones that makes your opponent mill their cards, and land too
>lose every friend you play the game with, hope you don't get punched

But seriously, find a color your comfy with. Green is big motherfuckers and mana ramp, red is consntantly keeping the pressure on with instants and sorcerys that do damage, as well as creatures that either do things to make you do more damage, blue is well, like mentioned above, control, black is about withering your opponent down through life reduction cards, or weakening their cards, or the grave yard, and white is all about control as well, as well as lifegain.

Running mono isn't bad, but most colors synergize off each other, and like you said their is a wealth of knowledge online to find out what two go well.

since you have the duel decks, you don't have to worry about much since all the cards should in theory work off each other.

Also, use your head. See the cards you have at your disposal, and work with them. It's usually common sense, if i do X first, X will happen, and then I can do X.

I'm terrible at explaining, but just take it slow, try not to ingest too much, the duel deck should have came with a manual to help you get started.
>>
Angus Crogglepurk - Mon, 05 Sep 2016 22:13:23 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28260 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28259
Basically decide how you want to win, then build a deck that does what you want to do. Here are some ways to win:
>"Aggro" type: Attacking with efficiently costed aggressive creatures. You beat your opponent by outclassing their creatures at every stage of the game. You hope to win before they get to a point where they play creatures too big for you to handle. Play things like Figure of Destiny and Goblin Guide and cheap removal to clear the path (lightning bolt, path to exile)
>"White Weenie" type: Attacking with lots of small (possibly token) creatures. You beat your opponent by taking advantage of superior numbers. Play things like Brimaz and Hero of Bladehold
>"Beatdown" type: You win by going bigger than your opponent can. You must negate the prohibitive cost of large creatures by ramping your mana up or using other methods to "cheat" them out. You play things like Tooth and Nail, Eldrazi, and Worldspine Wurm.
>"Combo" type: You win by playing a specific set of cards that interact in a way that immediately wins the game. You can produce infinite mana, deal lethal damage in one blow, mill your opponent's entire deck in one shot. An example is Painter's Servant and Grindstone.
>Midrange/Control: You attack with basically any creature, usually an evasive one resistant to removal...while you use counterspells and removal to stop them from resisting. You'll use creatures like Aetherling supported with a suite of spells designed to prevent your opponent from interacting with you unfavorably (Remand, Doomblade)

The real fun of the game is taking one of these basic layouts and building a deck your own way. Once you start to get familiar with the scope of cards, you can start playing around and doing your own thing to build a deck that is uniquely your own.
>>
Beatrice Fimmerdale - Mon, 05 Sep 2016 23:52:58 EST ID:gF5CNx65 No.28261 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28260
Then once you get all this down, hop into Commander/EDH and really prove your mettle. (Or if you have money to burn, Vintage)
>>
Phineas Weddlenot - Fri, 09 Sep 2016 11:13:40 EST ID:UhUbnX9R No.28266 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My LGS is trying out a new commander format where the entire deck must cost $20 or less. I built a yasova dragonclaw deck that is focused on stealing creatures, attacking and sacrificing them (fling, goblin bombardment, etc) for my benefit. most of the time, i win with yasova commander damage.

i also built a kaseto voltron deck where i try to stall the board with snakes (a lot of them have death touch) and use kaseto's ability to pump him up and also make him unblockable.

the removal is a lot weaker in this format, so these commander damage type decks are more feasible. the hardest thing to cope with is that your mana base has to be really simple though.

>>28250
the best way to get better is to play a lot. playing more helps you find your best playstyle too. maybe you are aren't good at white/blue or blue/black, but you might really "get" black/red decks, etc. i like drafting a lot because it gives me the chance to play with as many cards as possible and challenges me on card selection. it's tough for beginners, but it eventually clicks.

the "blessed" deck is pretty fun as is and teaches you about using white's flicker ability (momentary blink) to save creatures from kill spells (like human frailty) or abuse enter the battlefield triggers like cathedral sanctifier, which then boosts captain of the mists and champion of the parish.

cursed is kinda frustrating because it's like 60% zombie tribal deck, and 35% midrange and 5% delirium. It has a good shell for zombie tribal though. this deck should highlight using your graveyard as a resource and tribal interaction, so if you like the deck, consider looking up more zombie and graveyard matters types of cards to add in
>>
Barnaby Pabbleson - Sat, 10 Sep 2016 04:10:56 EST ID:JX483/Ln No.28269 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1473495056511.jpg -(105891B / 103.41KB, 312x445) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28117
I play Feldon Reanimator and am currently building Queen Marchesa control. I'm EDH trash. I've dropped embarrasingly large stacks of cash on my baby Feldon :(
>>
Nathaniel Crenkingold - Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:17:20 EST ID:ePk7xm0A No.28287 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm in college and left all my decks at home :(

but I do want to build a Bant Spirits I saw from the MTG Eldritch Moon tournament.
>>
Sophie Dubbleworth - Tue, 20 Sep 2016 03:06:57 EST ID:kZqJSfZY No.28289 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Eight bears should be a 16/16, tool.
>>
Sophie Dubbleworth - Tue, 20 Sep 2016 03:09:03 EST ID:kZqJSfZY No.28290 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28289
I kid, I kid. I'm running strict burn and debating keeping 1 Hammer of Bogardan and 1 Thunderous Wrath or just going double Wrath. Thoughts, gentlemen?
>>
Sophie Dubbleworth - Tue, 20 Sep 2016 03:20:01 EST ID:kZqJSfZY No.28291 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28266
Triple posting like a boss, but this guy is right. You want to get better, draft draft draft. You're basically forced to learn how cards interact in that environment, and you'll appreciate things you wouldn't normally run and see new value in them. FNM locally is everybody playing the same handful of decks they read about online, but we run a draft and it's a cakewalk because nobody knows how the cards actually interact outside of their comfort zone.

I hate to say it but grab a buddy and pick up prebuilt decks. Yeah they're not the greatest but they generally focus on a mechanic and playing against another sub-par prebuilt will ingrain that mechanic into you.
>>
Emma Pocklehall - Sat, 05 Nov 2016 18:50:03 EST ID:UWUdR1x7 No.28319 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28117
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-11-16-squirrels/

Mono green squirrels. Im a token player so its right up my ally.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-dont-even-know-what-to-call-it-1/

Simic Counters. Its a weird deck that is fun to play but rarely is consistent.
>>
Archie Wozzledale - Sun, 06 Nov 2016 05:02:21 EST ID:ahmewxpL No.28320 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28319
I'm really rusty on MTG but if there was some easy way to give those squirrels trample when they're all at +lots/+lots that might end games a turn faster.
>>
Henry Wandlebury - Tue, 08 Nov 2016 02:40:03 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28323 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1478590803682.jpg -(27693B / 27.04KB, 223x310) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28320
Just as expensive as Earthcraft, though.
>>
Clara Bruffinghire - Tue, 08 Nov 2016 11:58:30 EST ID:6SjAvmcn No.28324 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28323
wat.

just use overrun.
>>
Isabella Grimhood - Tue, 08 Nov 2016 12:54:59 EST ID:ahmewxpL No.28325 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28324
Overrun is the sort of thing I had in mind though I'm sure there must be even cheaper more cheerful ones. That said, maybe not mono green. Maybe red or something.
>>
[REDACTED] - Tue, 08 Nov 2016 15:05:14 EST ID:SQv9Z8dZ No.28326 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28320

When I played this game a bit over a decade ago, I had a squirrel/artifact deck that flooded the board with squirrels in the first 3 or so turns and then by the fifth or sixth turn they turned into essentially all-powerful completely unstoppable artifacts and it was game over.
>>
Martha Gimmerwell - Thu, 10 Nov 2016 04:21:52 EST ID:ODka6k5y No.28328 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28326
Post deck please
>>
Eugene Daddlesock - Fri, 11 Nov 2016 01:02:54 EST ID:j6gBYCbE No.28330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1478844174653.png -(142340B / 139.00KB, 223x311) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28325
>>
Phineas Pinningmetch - Fri, 11 Nov 2016 23:27:13 EST ID:1kAtkxDU No.28331 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Pauper- UB Mystical Teachings: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-11-16-ub-teachings/
Standard - Fevered Visions: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-11-16-fevered-visions/
Modern - Lantern Control or Jeskai Prowess: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-11-16-jeskai-prowess/ ; http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-11-16-cAG-lantern-control/
Legacy - Tin Fins: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-11-16-tin-fins/

If I could only choose one, it would be Tin Fins. Attacking for 22 damage (and annihilator 6) on turn 1 is just too much fun.
>>
Nell Neffingham - Sun, 13 Nov 2016 02:15:22 EST ID:gF5CNx65 No.28332 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28331
Your tin fins deck looks insanely fun. But cant you switch out underground swamp for a different island swamp card?
>>
Frederick Gisslehall - Sun, 13 Nov 2016 10:53:57 EST ID:ZZaoI7wh No.28333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28332
watery grave
>>
[REDACTED] /1701/ - Fri, 02 Dec 2016 01:27:14 EST ID:SQv9Z8dZ No.28347 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28328

If I could remember it all I would happily post it.

All I remember for a fact is it had this guy: http://tappedout.net/mtg-card/kamahl-fist-of-krosa/

I remember thinking he was awesome and building the deck around him using all kinds of crazy lands, green creature producing cards and different artifacts to get the desired effect. They were all from around the same early-2000s time, if that helps.
>>
Augustus Wembleshaw - Sun, 30 Apr 2017 23:59:37 EST ID:0CebuNnr No.28528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28117

Trying to build my first EDH deck at the moment, struggling to decide between what to swap between main and maybe at the moment. Help is wanted.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/krenko-bob-mo/
>>
Hedda Gunkinfidge - Wed, 03 May 2017 14:10:45 EST ID:YxfIXNm+ No.28529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28528
anything specific? it looks good enough. just play it a bit and you'll see what's lacking.
>>
Betsy Crossletut - Wed, 24 May 2017 17:04:48 EST ID:orAwSLF4 No.28553 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28332
>>28333
You can, but the combo relies heavily on drawing with Griseldaddy; on top of that, you've got the Gitaxian Probes and the occasional Thoughtseize. Basically, this is one of the few decks that really feels the pain from shocklands. It would still be playable, but at maybe... let's say 60% efficiency, to pull a number out of my ass lol. Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've gone down to 1-2 life before winning, where a shockland would've meant seeing 7 fewer cards.

Fuck, looking back at that post, remembering how much fun Jeskai Prowess used to be in Modern... I'm still pissed off about the Git Probe ban. It didn't even do shit to Death's Shadow decks, they just evolved into an even more nasty beast, but that card was a linchpin in so many fun, 'tier 3' decks, all of which died with the ban. Like, Modern has become more open at the cost of most of the non-linear stuff being snuffed out; I doubt that Ad Nauseam will be around much longer.
>>
John Suckletot - Sun, 10 Sep 2017 15:22:53 EST ID:tfWcZOXq No.28642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I still love Tin Fins, but I think Paradoxical Storm is my new favorite deck.
https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/vintage-paradoxical-storm/
>>
1999 - Fri, 15 Sep 2017 07:40:02 EST ID:EwJi5jjG No.28651 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1505475602373.jpg -(66412B / 64.86KB, 1024x282) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Red Deck wins with small aggro creatures and burn!
>>
Rebecca Smalldale - Sat, 16 Sep 2017 21:35:02 EST ID:yrWTg/T+ No.28654 Ignore Report Quick Reply
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/life-gain-aggro-2/

Looking to get rid of the three 6 costs in my deck though.
If I did would I be able to remove some lands in order to place more low cost?
My highest costs would be 4 and there aren't very many of them in the deck
>>
Sophie Bucklenug - Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:57:51 EST ID:ytAfteas No.28660 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28654
your goal appears to be to gain enough life to offset any damage from combat or burn and make ajani's pridemates huge and break through with them. i don't think your big 6 cost spells really help with that strategy, or there are cheaper replacements. 19 lands is a little lean, but you might be able to get away with it - it's worth testing.
>>
John Drudgebodging - Fri, 03 Nov 2017 17:16:00 EST ID:dQIPKtHH No.28682 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Who else is loving the Anointed Procession decks in Standard? That's my shit right there. You haven't lived until you've stolen someone's Regal Caracal with The Scarab God while you have Procession out lol. Two 5/5s and 8 3/3s all with lifelink? Don't mind if I do.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.