420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Roll20? by Sidney Chenderfut - Fri, 07 Jul 2017 00:22:34 EST ID:wB1tZlvW No.28584 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1499401354759.jpg -(193095B / 188.57KB, 1200x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 193095
I think some of us folk should get together on Roll20 and play some D&D. I'm really excited about 5e, but I'm open to 3.5 and 4e as well. I've been trying to find a group at home for years with no luck. Surely some of us could get together once a week/every other week and game for a few hours! Anyone else interested in trying to set up a game?
>>
silent protagonist - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 13:00:48 EST ID:xnjGTa/3 No.28608 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What kind of game are you looking to play?
>>
silent protagonist - Sun, 30 Jul 2017 13:00:48 EST ID:xnjGTa/3 No.28609 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What kind of game are you looking to play?
>>
Hannah Bleblingdale - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 14:55:22 EST ID:Qa9M+LUC No.28611 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28609
I'm assuming 5e.

5e is dope as fuck. Streamlined, no feat tax and complex unlocks for actual good classes, every class feels good except ranger which can be good with just the right pick you don't need a designated healer (but someone with healing word is useful for bouncing people on 0hp) some classes are much simpler than others, the whole quadratic mages thing isn't avoided but even fighters have some cool tricks at level 20 when they can action surge and do 8 attacks and then heal D10+20hp in the same turn while having a sky high AC and hp and every class has a subclass they pick in their first 3 levels so there's tools on top of that.

I want to commit to this but I have enough trouble with my current game. Unless it was like one evening a fortnight GMT or something. Week night is probably best, Sunday could work for me I guess.

I DM a campaign already and would play but I suspect I'm already too finicky.
>>
Esther Dacklespear - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 13:08:56 EST ID:Bn9rpLzo No.28613 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502298536419.png -(19920B / 19.45KB, 894x494) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'd be willing to play, maybe even DM depending on how the next couple of weeks go for me. I've never played 5e, but plenty of 3/3.5 and pathfinder.
Pic related, a gnomish bard named Snurb. Any real DM forces his players to quickly draw their characters in Paint.
>>
Wesley Chendlewure - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 03:05:09 EST ID:cNE6fjw5 No.28614 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was thinking of starting out on roll20 for awhile now. I have to wait till mid September when i move, and then I'd love to participate. I was dming 5e for my previous group, but as we already have two dms posting before me I'd gladly take the role of a player.
I understand roll20 can get slow, especially with more people involved, so i would prefer a smaller group more inclined towards roleplaying. Descriptive style from me.
I'd like to try something from UA.
Lately my work schedule is steadier so i can plan for the game. Prefer weekdays tho. Eu guy gmt+1
>>
Cyril Wigglestut - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:50:01 EST ID:7QQyylHo No.28615 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28614
Maybe an autumn thing? I'm on failure island GMT

Also I'd like to play as in not DM. My current players include a lot of newbies and it's fun and they're good to play with but I have to work hard engaging their characters. Being new most of them didn't really understand why I wanted them to tie into the world and have motives so I've ended up having to put in a lot more work to make sure every character has a reason to do stuff and some sort of arc. The one experienced player I had has given me the most to work with and

If I started the campaign again or if we actually finish this one and remain DM I'll have a proper session 0 and I'd recommend any campaign starts with that so we can set expectations and tie the party together.

I've got several classes I'd be willing to play, I think pretty simple stuff. I have a few ideas depending what everyone else plays and so what combat AND social dynamics will work best with the rest of a group. A valor bard who's a specially trained tactician/officer, a cynical (and bitter because he can't let go of his principles) devotion paladin who does it because otherwise no one else will or maybe just a dwarf life cleric, though you don't need main healers in 5th ed and he'd be much more than that (also magic initiate for booming blade so he can hit like a truck if need be). I guess they're all varying degrees of gish really. But also both diviner and evoker look fun. Diviner's portents have so much fuckery potential while evoker can fireball the melee and only hurt the enemy.

It's probably going to be Sunday evening or a weeknight for a few hours every couple of weeks. Of course I'm sometimes free other times so if people have a saturday evening mammoth session I'm not a guaranteed no. Not used rollD20 before but it sounds alright.
>>
Barnaby Cellerson - Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:26:05 EST ID:Bn9rpLzo No.28619 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So it seems like there's at least some interest. Maybe it would be best for one of us to just start making a campaign. I don't think this will happen without some leadership.

I'm
>>28613
and I live in GMT -7
>>
Eugene Neffingtedge - Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:03:41 EST ID:L9wgjuMj No.28620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28619
I've posted twice already. Can't GM but 6-11 (I could start a little earlier pretty often but not finishing later because fuck starting the working week short on sleep, I'm too old for that shit) GMT/BST almost sunday as a minimum sounds good to me. Maybe other days, I'm free some saturdays the odd weeknight etc. I dunno how workable that is to a guy in -7
>>
Hannah Shittingham - Sun, 20 Aug 2017 06:04:05 EST ID:RjlTeXoE No.28621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've got over a decade of 3.5 under my belt. If everyone decides to go with 3.5, I'll be down to play.

My timezone is US Central, and I'm available to play whenever.
>>
silent protagonist - Thu, 07 Sep 2017 20:37:18 EST ID:mSHCGKfJ No.28627 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504831038876.jpg -(141781B / 138.46KB, 988x740) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2551210/420chan-slash-tg-slash

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1st

I have created a thing for us. We will play some variety of roleplaying game together! I am not super familiar with roll20. So you don't need to be, either. We will patiently stumble our way past the learning curve, and create a fun Game Night we can keep coming back to, together as a group.

If you, occasional reader, are intimidated by RPGs, fear not. You are welcome here. With myself running the game, we may use a system which is streamlined and easy to get into, with the opportunity for adding layers of complexity later if we so decide. If you, dear reader, are already used to D&D 5E - I've got you covered. You will slip right in to this game with ease.

I am GMT -4, USA Eastern Time. Based on your posts, and assuming daytime schedules, it seems like we need to skew times earlier in the day for USA folks, and later in the day for EU folks. Unless there is an objection and nobody can make it, I will be on Roll20 October 1st at
GMT-4 1300-1600
GMT-7 1000-1300
GMT+1 1800-2100

Also, please somebody check my time math. It would be awful for us all to show up at the wrong time.
If you are reading this after October 1st, and want to play, I would still welcome you to visit on the next scheduled session!
>>
silent protagonist - Thu, 07 Sep 2017 20:42:59 EST ID:mSHCGKfJ No.28628 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28627
Ha. I failed already. This link should work:
https://app.roll20.net/join/2551210/HQCDDg
>>
Reuben Blorryfuck - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:56:55 EST ID:cy0rSMET No.28634 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Never played D&D before but I would be down if you don't mind me tagging along and learning as I go. Has a version of the game been decided yet?
>>
Edward Dacklepud - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 06:20:45 EST ID:ycIjzbvX No.28637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28634
It's all in the post.

5th tho. Simpler system than previous ones in a lot of ways, but all the classes are distinct and awesome.
>>
silent protagonist - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 11:26:39 EST ID:mSHCGKfJ No.28639 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28634
>>28637
As reflected in the Roll20 forum post, I was thinking we might not even use straight 5E. Don't worry about rules and stuff yet. If you want to come up with a persona you would like to inhabit, that would give you a head start, but isn't necessary.
>>
Hamilton Cummerstodge - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 16:36:44 EST ID:RjlTeXoE No.28640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've made a post in the Pre-Session Zero discussion.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.