420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Pall of the Mana Fort by Cornelius Cosslepog - Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:54:48 EST ID:8EBPnEc2 No.28755 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1522443288073.jpg -(5660B / 5.53KB, 249x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 5660
I need help filling out a narrative module that can be used for most fantasy settings. Can you help develop some extra NPCs and encounters?

It is named "Pall of the Mana Fort"

The central story revolves around an enormously tall Grand Inquisitor summoning the PCs to his titular fortress to hire them to aid in an investigation.

The Church, using its independence from the Crown, has initiated a formal inquiry into the means by which the Ochre Emperor ascended the throne after defeating the Witch of the Rod and Ham Hills. It is rumored that the Emperor enlisted the dark magicks of the foreign sorcerer Rusputin. If true, the Church will present their findings to the nobility who are likely to dethrone him.

If the player characters do nothing to effect the course of world events, the raven hairred, blue eyed Rion people (loosely modeled on the Rohirrim of Middle Earth) will save him at the last moment. Their cavalry will narrowly win the day... But of course the players may change this.

Do the players side with the Inquisitor? Is the Emperor a villian or a hero? The players should have agency in answering these questions.

In any case, the Emperor will eventually be overthrown within 8 years. I am planning a sequel named "Pall of the Rion."

Ideas?
>>
Edward Worthingspear - Fri, 30 Mar 2018 19:04:53 EST ID:KUMwpTTA No.28756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28755
Have a default sequence of events is a good idea but beyond that you probably just need to map the major players, what they will try to do and the means they have to do it, their motivations and values will be enough for a smart DM to decide when they might switch sides or be won over. As you know players will always find a way to break things. If you have a good DM/GM they will then have to actually work out the likely outcome. Make sure you have the tools so DMs can wing it when the group not only sets up an anarcho syndicalist commune but does so having won the trust and respect of half the inquisition and a good chunk of the emperor's forces and then start trying (quite effectively) to figure out how to win the Rion over.

Assuming dark magic was involved there will have to be people trying to stop you from finding evidence. Initially they will be fairly mundane enemies but if the player start amassing proof then the users of dark magic will no longer have a reason to hide their nature from the players. So you'll need a mix of "mundane" enemies like mercenaries and assassins but also more sinister creatures. Warlocks and devils maybe, dark priests, cultists or is this dark magic even more alien?

You're also going to need to plan and detail how the inquisition and Church forces move. They will no doubt act if the players go turncoat. Perhaps the emperor is noble but took a dark path? Is he redeemable? Do the players need to take action to set him right? I guess he'll fight against forces from both sides but will have other allies.

I suppose the first place to investigate would be the site of the defeat of the witch so maybe you need remnants of her armies. Suspicious locals and those agents trying to hide the truth, maybe not always through violence either. Lots of opportunities for skill checks, puzzles and roleplay there.

I don't think at this point we can do more than ask questions but maybe that helps? When I read your post that's what I thought of.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.