420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
seriously how does Tesco stay in business??? by Ian Honeyfield - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 02:39:31 EST ID:HQlAyhgE No.86728 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1510213171244.jpg -(71030B / 69.37KB, 650x487) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 71030
there is a whole page on Wikipedia about criticism of Tesco?!?!?????!!!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Tesco

MOBILIZE THE MEAL DEALS!!!!
https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-03-11/how-cook-your-horse
http://www.timeboil.com/meat/horse-meat/
>>
Reuben Clillykuck - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:01:33 EST ID:ZcKMNawS No.86731 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>86728
Im not from the UK so i cant really help you out with the specifics of tesco.

But i can tell you why supermarkets are such a monopoly if you like? you see as we became more agricultural and developed the ability to grow our own food some people didnt have houses or land to grow their own food so they would want to do things for us so we could give them food. This later turned into currency when you no longer needed anything done but you knew someone else who wanted something done you would send the person off to do that thing and then come back for the food, in order to certify that it had been done they would carry a letter. This later turned into coins, and as it turned into coins people began selling the food they had at markets which were usually in a central location.

These grew and grew and grew some of the market owners began building their own brick stores rather than a cart and some of them rather than growing the food themselves bought the food from the farmers to sell to people and so the market stalls became less and less as they bagan building more and more brick stores.

then as time progressed someone figured out that hey, why dont we just combine all these stores into the same building and we will call it a "shopping centre" a centre where you go shopping and there was everything a butchers, a fruit store, a spice story, a smoke store, everything under the same roof each run individually under the same roof and so people would go shopping at these places and have a cup of tea, do their shopping and all was good UNTIL...

... some businessman said hey, all these people are paying rent to me, i already own these stores and they are just running them, what if i just hire someone to do what they do and i can keep all the profits, so thats what he did and thats where supermarkets came from a one stop shop for all your groceries, no more did you have to go to different stores to buy things you could walk around and then pay once for all your things and it was great.

Then places like walmart came along as was like Pfft, just food? kneeger please step aside. and they placed t shirts next to the snack foods, then they placed tvs next to the pet section with all the puppies which is set next to a used car dealership which is set next to organic food.

So thats basically how tesco works, it runs on a monopoly system where most people would rely on some form of supermarket to function, they make a fucking bucketload of cash and the community has become so reliant on them and how they function if they were to all just close tomorrow there was literally be a panic and widespread looting, and im dead serious, humans primary function is to survive which is basically eating, so once you take their sweets away from them, they will go fucking insane. So this is how they can do whatever they want and no one gives a shit because they feed you and nobody bites the hand that feeds them.

I hope you read all the peas.
>>
Ian Brookshaw - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 13:40:22 EST ID:c1g6wWWd No.86736 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>86731
Not everything is an evil conspiracy, maybe just some free market ideas and a little elbow grease got them where they are you lunatic
>>
Wesley Didgehood - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:22:31 EST ID:ZcKMNawS No.86739 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>86736

whos talking about an evil conspiracy here? did you even read what i wrote? its about the natural evolution of the market. If you cant resd that and not see a conspiracy then i think you're projecting your "not everything is an evil conspiracy" schtick onto me.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.