420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Feeling strange by Sicky Ricky - Wed, 23 Aug 2017 02:43:47 EST ID:5nP3xMde No.173618 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503470627481.jpg -(2091508B / 1.99MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2091508
I have been smoking cigarettes regularly for just over 7 years. I have been known to smoke, let's say on average, 13 cigarettes in a typical day. I love cigarettes and have had no problems with them and have frequently mixed them with caffeine pretty much my entire time enjoying them. But lately, out of nowhere, I get really dizzy, anxious, light headed, and break out in a cold sweat if I smoke them. Even just one starts to bring on these feelings and this hasn't really been a long time coming it just happened out of the blue one day after I had chain smoked a few and drank a cup of coffe and has been happening every time I light one up ever since. I was wondering if anyone might have an idea as to what's going on with me as my tolerance hasn't changed and I haven't been experiencing any lung or throaty issues to accompany these feelings. It's just a cold sweat, headache, numbness, dizziness to the point of feeling like I'll pass out, and nausea. Any insight would be greatly appreciated thank you.
>>
Phyllis Huppermore - Wed, 23 Aug 2017 15:45:48 EST ID:kE+3nuVO No.173619 Ignore Report Quick Reply
onset of lung cancer
>>
Sicky Ricky - Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:55:12 EST ID:d4+ip3bx No.173620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173619 lol my lungs feel fine thanks
>>
Betsy Grimfoot - Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:29:56 EST ID:WlkmEcj8 No.173621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Have you been eating well?
>>
David Gishhood - Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:14:12 EST ID:sD8F+DK2 No.173623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Who knows?

Honestly though, I've been vaping on and off for longer than when I just smoked cigs. When I was at my dads house (and unemployed), I would go out for my morning cigarette and then vape for the rest of the day (mostly).

Personally for me, I think it was the anxiety of my dad plus the early morning nicotine buzz. I almost passed out a couple times (almost exactly what you're describing).

If you're seriously worried about health issues, see a doctor. Otherwise I'm thinking it's all in your head (a.k.a some hidden anxiety).
>>
Hedda Drettingshit - Sun, 03 Sep 2017 20:05:05 EST ID:w9CqMhGa No.173632 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173618
Could be your heart, it sounds like your brain isn't getting enough oxygen
>>
Archie Blunderham - Wed, 06 Sep 2017 00:11:48 EST ID:YjERF0v1 No.173637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173618
I've gone through almost the same shit that you're describing. Turns out its anxiety. I saw a few doctors and even went to the emergency room and in the end, it was just anxiety.
>>
Augustus Chonderbag - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:56:33 EST ID:TyBJP2Da No.173639 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This is weird because nicotine is supposed to relieve anxiety. Personally I begun smoking whenever I felt anxious because of a break up and it always calmed me down, then I noticed I don't need it anymore because as they say, time heals wounds. Now smoking only rarely and not to anxiety.

I guess it's possible you have developed an oversensitivity to nicotine. It'd be like someone who used to enjoy caffeine suddenly notices he/she getting anxiety and other negative effects from it. He/she might get anxiety whenever going back to coffee and has to drop drinking it greatly or totally.

In any case you should have a health check up by a doc, especially lungs, just to make sure there is nothing that needs immediate attention. You could also try increasing or decreasing nicotine intake. Try also nicotine gum to make sure it's actually nicotine and not the smoke that triggers it. If plain nicotine triggers, I'd suspect oversensitivity or cardiovascular stuff. If only smoke triggers it, I fear for your lungs.
>>
Graham Hillerwell - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 21:35:54 EST ID:ENyzonzL No.173640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173639
this is a common misconception, the only reason it is perceived that way is because one of the main symptoms of nicotine withdrawal is anxiety, so smokers feel like it relieves anxiety when really non-smokers would never have had that anxiety in the first place. In fact, especially if you have any form of health-anxiety (hypochondria), smoking can even trigger a panic attack because it makes your heart speed up and the rush makes you light headed or dizzy.
t. Someone with diagnosed GAD and health anxiety, and also a smoker
>>
Thephenomanon(Shaman) - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:09:41 EST ID:Te+DfM5Q No.173672 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173618
maybe you're hyperventilating, I do that on purpose though
>>
Thephenomanon(Shaman) - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:17:52 EST ID:Te+DfM5Q No.173674 Ignore Report Quick Reply
banned?
>>
Esther Hoddlelod - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:06:27 EST ID:OKgUZ/9e No.173678 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173640
Then how do you explain someone not smoking for months getting anxiety from a real life situation that would not be nice to anyone generally, and after he/she gets some nicotine everything feels more flat.
>>
Samuel Billingridge - Tue, 10 Oct 2017 03:36:51 EST ID:+g/BEP9L No.173690 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173678
He is in fact wrong. Nicotine happens to be a great psychiatric drug (outside its addictiveness). Anxiety, deppression, and focus. Not to mention they think it may help slow neural degeneration.
>>
Doris Pisslehall - Wed, 11 Oct 2017 06:39:55 EST ID:0fCNjjmG No.173695 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I noticed that I started having the same issues when my anxiety disorder got really bad or when I smoked just too much. I decided to quit and I've been fine for 3 years.
>>
James Seddledock - Thu, 19 Oct 2017 18:34:10 EST ID:4DNRGdT+ No.173706 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173690
>Nicotine happens to be a great psychiatric drug
Back up your statement. Smoking increases anxiety:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3683289/

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.