Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Headset Giveaway!

G933 Giveaway     Discussion Thread
Too broke to smoke by Frederick Disslehall - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:03:36 EST ID:XI97FA7t No.173960 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528801416106.jpg -(98182B / 95.88KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 98182
Been smoking a pack a day for the last year and a half; my wallet can't handle the pressure, so I figure that the simplest, in theory, solution is to stop, but how the fuck do I do that? Any advice?
>>
Cyril Blytheford - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:21:36 EST ID:YrwJFu9/ No.173961 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Work out and focus on finding new hobbies.
Go for a 3 mile run nonstop and motivate yourself.
>>
Martha Broddlewell - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 13:27:32 EST ID:hRzKvh+i No.173962 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173961
>Go for a 3 mile run nonstop and motivate yourself.
That would implode his lead and polonium ridden lungs.
>>
Oliver Smallford - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 15:36:18 EST ID:qxEtGiRc No.173963 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173961
Sounds a bit generic.
>>173962
My lungs are in better condition than most people's, actually, since I do lung-related stuff.
>>
Beast - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 15:46:55 EST ID:iAgkCmWl No.173964 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Money can't be your only motivation.

If you're financial situation changes you'll just start smoking again. Think of another reason.

In the meantime. There are plenty of organizations that will give you free materials to stop smoking. Call one of those hotlines. Expect some gum and a patch. If nothing else these will give you a change of perspective...and allow you to think about the direction you want to take.

You'd be surprised how nicotine is the main motivator to smoke with Oral fixation second and "taking a break" a close 3rd.

So taking care of the oral fixation and your "break" will be up to you.

Candy is a solution for some and then just making an effort to take some time to relax.
>>
Walter Broshwet - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 08:36:54 EST ID:qxEtGiRc No.173966 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173964
> If you're financial situation changes you'll just start smoking again.
Probably, yeah? Not that it matters; mate, I don't exactly hope nor expect for my financial situation to go up from where I'm at right now any time soon, and it's not like it's sane to expect that by default in this economic climate, yeah?
> Think of another reason.
I have no other reason, mate. I'm not religiously opposed to smoking, or else I wouldn't have started in the first place, you'd think.
> There are plenty of organizations that will give you free materials to stop smoking.
I don't live in the US, my mate, nor anywhere else where that's a thing. No, really. Not everywhere is like the US, the US is actually pretty fucking far from how things usually are in most countries, so don't act surprised.
> think about the direction you want to take
Yeah, I've got no cash and therefore can't support my current lifestyle, so I need to spend less money and/or get a reliable source of non-meagre income. Not much to think about, mate.
>>
Beast - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 13:40:44 EST ID:iAgkCmWl No.173967 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>173966
Plenty to think about it looks like...

They have the same stop smoking kits in the U.K and europe so I'd be surprised if there wasn't an Australian organisation.

You made a lot of assumptions about my post which is a tad frustrating. "religiously opposed" where did I even mention anything along that line. You want to stop for financial reasons and that's it...fine. It's not that easy IME, but if you can do it go for it. I personally need something to take the edge off smoking cessation but if you can cold turkey it kudos.

Since nothing I said made any impact on you...A pound of pipe tobacco, 100 empty cigarette tubes and a hand roller will cost you 3x less than cigarettes if not more. Here I can get a pound for $15. which can last a month. Tubes are a few dollars for 100. Or obviously papers would be even cheaper but far too much effort. Whereas cheapo cigarettes are still $3/pack.

Cheers man, hopefully things work out. I'm a little hungover today so don't take any of this personally.
>>
Barnaby Fevingdetch - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:14:45 EST ID:swlbeGny No.173969 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Theres a thread about being broke and picking cigarette butts off the floor. You might be able to do the same
>>
Cornelius Mevingsane - Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:42:21 EST ID:LlFmTGik No.173972 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529196141501.jpg -(1913760B / 1.83MB, 3264x1836) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
my advice would be to go to a health food store/ herb shop and buy some herbs there, look for organic stuff that isn't sprayed .........Google it online, I just started today to add lavender and damiana to my tobbaco to help me cut back, it's said to reduce anxiety smoking lavender anyways
>>
Doris Grimfuck - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 21:08:59 EST ID:cjh2KNeh No.174000 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Get a vape mod
>>
Ernest Clayforth - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 03:36:53 EST ID:Jhwj5bQK No.174003 Ignore Report Quick Reply
some moles. Get a beaker bong and some cheapish ryo tobacco. Fill the bowl with mostly tobacco and add a bit of bud on top.

I usually go through the equivalent of a cigarette a day, and thats 5+ bowls over the day. The bud will extent the effect several hours longer than expected. After a week or so your tolerance should be acceptably low to quit outright.
>>
Graham Gisslehure - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 17:36:16 EST ID:FxmQzlwU No.174033 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I can't recommend swedish snus enough. There are certain brands that have higher nicotine content than cigarettes, so it can be very easy to make the switch, and then you can slowly pick weaker brands or just use less and less until you can stop. But you might not even want to stop, it has the lowest cancer rates for any tobacco product at all. No risk of lung or oral cancer, but still a small risk of pancreatic cancer.

It is so easy to quit with that I didn't even intend to quit smoking. I just wanted to try snus, so I ordered some and when I had one in, I just had no desire to smoke whatsoever because I was already jacked up on nicotine. I had half a pack of cigs in the drawer for 2 months before I just gave them away.

I can't extol the virtues of snus enough. It really is a godsend.
>>
Malthe Egenhardt - Tue, 14 Aug 2018 07:29:22 EST ID:QWt18Y5s No.174072 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I know i'm late to the party.

But writing down your symptoms and watching motivational quitting videos did it for me.
You also need to realise how much it fucks your health. Not just your wallet.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.