420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Vaping health damage by Basil Crongerlet - Wed, 06 Jul 2016 09:26:05 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.2732 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1467811565335.jpg -(436499B / 426.27KB, 1088x1920) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 436499
Let's have an honest discussion - Fuck the media, Fuck the studies, Fuck the information war.

I want to hear from fellow vapers, any downsides to their health they have experienced from vaping. Don't bring the whole "e cig vs smoking" comparison. I want to chat about vaping.

Been vaping for a year now, no smoking. I am sure my breathing is a bit heavy, my sense of smell is probably a bit dulled and generally when I vape a lot I feel like my throat isn't clear. Also I reckon nicotine leaves me feeling a bit.... Lethargic.

We are all friends here, we all vape. Let's talk honest and openely. If you are adamant that you experience no ill health, then you are either ignorant or don't vape enough. Which would be the same thing I'd say to a guy when they say weed is harmless (as a stoner for many years of my life, I feel qualified to make such an accusation)

Pic attached is me blowing a cloud rigght before this post. Stay cool dudes :)
>>
Hamilton Dombleleg - Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:06:16 EST ID:4kHripvR No.2733 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The only health problem I can attribute to vaping is my gums receding. It's not too bad and it doesn't hurt or anything, but it's definitely noticeable after a couple years of vaping.

Other than that, I can't say I have had any health problems due to vaping.
Well, there was one flavor I had from my favorite juice vendor that made me particularly flemmy, but I'm not 100% sure it was the juice.
>>
Henry Trotwell - Wed, 06 Jul 2016 20:05:17 EST ID:Bzko4Bac No.2734 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
related, i've been vaping casually off and on for about four years. started with pens, moved to a box last year. started vaping exclusively (read: no cigarettes) four days ago (it's been nice, but working in construction means i stand around smokers a lot and it's been tempting to go back).

Has anybody who's switched noticed an improvement to their lung capacity? does vaping impair that sort of thing in the same way that smoking does?
>>
Nell Bliblingwill - Thu, 07 Jul 2016 18:37:27 EST ID:STto8uG7 No.2737 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2734
Been vaping for about 3 years constant, moved over after only 2 years of smoking so my opinion might not be best. I'd say it was an improvement. I mean it wouldn't improve a lung capacity beyond that of what it was before smoking, but I run and honestly haven't noticed any negative impacts.

>>2732
I haven't noticed any downsides to my health really. As I mentioned, I've been vaping continuously for 3 years, probably go through 5ml in a day. Dehydration is the obvious problem, but on the bright-side I drink about 3 liters of water a day (not just to combat it, genuinely do like water). Sometimes when I don't vape for a few hours or a day and come back, I feel like my throat is slightly constricted - but it isn't a regular problem. Much alike if you don't have any nicotine for a few days, you'll get a rush - however brief - when you come back to it.
>>
Phoebe Cheblingforth - Sat, 11 Feb 2017 09:59:39 EST ID:Ddj8/oEF No.3292 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1486825179109.jpg -(4493302B / 4.29MB, 4208x3120) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've quit smoking about 3 years ago and started vaping about 4 years ago. My health has increased in the first two years, after that I hit a plateau where I stayed steady. I've gotten a little fatter, but that's about it.

I have regained my sense of taste and smell and I've enjoyed foods much more now. I'm also unable to smoke cigarettes and tobacco rolled marijuana joints now. So even the marijuana goes in a separate vaporizer now.

Overall, I'm really happy I don't stink anymore, my house doesn't stink and my car doesn't stink anymore.
>>
Matilda Gungerforth - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:42:01 EST ID:7UTidEI/ No.3295 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
I used to smoke a pack a day so when I started vaping it wasn't long before I was going through a 30ml bottle of 36mg juice a week. My appetite was greatly reduced as to be expected, but it tore up my throat and filled the bottom of my lungs with shit that I just couldn't cough out. Tried different juices with different effects until my hair started falling out, I was 19 and it wasn't genetic, it's grown back now. I looked into it and apparently when you have a loot of nicotine in your system all the time it constricts capillaries and tiny vessels that are essential for keeping shit like your hair alive, not through the actual nicotine but because it's stressing your body out to have that much in it. I saw little pixel sized grey and white see thru pinpricks all over my vision, like I could look at a blue sky and it would look like out of focus bugs were filling the air.
High nicotine for me caused:
-Hair loss
-Loss of appetite
-Hallucinations(?)
-Heavy gluey not easy to notice stuff slowly filling my lungs from the bottom up
>>
Beatrice Muzzlewater - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 02:28:21 EST ID:3IbTZZFa No.3296 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2737
>Dehydration is the obvious problem
It's because they use so much sweetener in most juices. Start mixing yourself and you'll notice a huge difference.
Also it's a lot cheaper, ridiculously so. I pay ~14€ for a 0.5L bottle of 3mg 30pg/70vg and get different flavours at ~4€ for 20ml, as a rule of thumb 15% of the flavour combination is enough.
>>
Sophie Picklock - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:21:36 EST ID:ZcCj6RnB No.3297 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
I was smoking 2 packs a day before i switched to vaping. I notice i breathe easier, feel overall healthier, and as someone who is especially susceptible to bronchitis, habe not had an episode since. What i have noticed is, when i smoke weed or have been vaping heavy for a few hours, i usually get a good wad of phlegm to spit out. I also have more nicotine cravings than i did as a smoker, probably due to the fact that im able to vape basically all day.

The real biggest issue ive found so far is that the vg in vapor fogs up windows, and it is a real bitch to get off. It just smears, and gets worse and worse until youre driving at night through a kaleidoscope.
>>
Cedric Blackfuck - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 20:54:20 EST ID:ptv/kG+m No.3303 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
Nicotine is a stimulant, effective enough to be used by some gym goers.
Is it possible your lethargy is due to the increased breathing difficulty?

>Nicotine is frequently used for its performance-enhancing effects on cognition, alertness, and focus.
per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine
>>
Emma Snodhood - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 01:28:53 EST ID:GkwMKcBK No.3306 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
>Don't bring the whole "e cig vs smoking" compariso

Almost every post references smoking and the difference between the two.
RIP
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Thu, 23 Feb 2017 14:03:45 EST ID:HonbCTfs No.3411 Report Quick Reply
>>2734
I've been vaping exclusively for about two years now?
I haven't noticed any restoration to my lung capacity.
>>
Isaac Silberstein - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:35:53 EST ID:VlXP/Q42 No.3418 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3411
I'm vaping for a year now. I can only see a difference when diving, but it's only a slight difference.
>>
Thomas Foffingnine - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 13:11:43 EST ID:3ti/36Iy No.3422 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>It just smears, and gets worse and worse until youre driving at night through a kaleidoscope.
THIS holy shit its terrible and requires hydrochloric acid or some shit to remove
>>
Wesley Trotforth - Fri, 03 Mar 2017 14:29:25 EST ID:Hr7H7F+X No.3423 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2733
>The only health problem I can attribute to vaping is my gums receding.

This. I quite vaping specifically because it was causing my gums to recede (even more than oral tobacco, somehow)
>>
Augustus Pummerwater - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 22:50:56 EST ID:EPGIBcGG No.3460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
smell & taste comes back, I'm breathing better w/o a doubt. All of the smoking shit is getting better. Sometimes if I vape before bed though I'll get shortness of breath/raspy breathing, not the best. I think vaping impairs the immune system to some degree though.
>>
Jenny Maddleman - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 00:26:05 EST ID:+ZpFKV1l No.3461 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491193565907.jpg -(73662B / 71.94KB, 768x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>2732
I vape homemade with a PAX 3 because freedum.
Used to smoke an eigth a day out of a bong and solo-spliffs, got it down to 2g a day.
Moved on to vaping with an occasional joint here and there.

I used to cough up black every day. Now I cough regular mucus. I breath easier, but my endurance remains the same. I also consume less bud.

Only issue is the burning i felt in my lung moved more to my throat. This happens when I vape too hot for too long because freedum.
>>
Frederick Dartridge - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 19:37:40 EST ID:ghrflUbW No.3467 Ignore Report Quick Reply
THE biggest and most annoying thing is the fact it gives me extreme insomnia if I vape too late and don't have weed or a downer. I can drink 3 cups of coffee an hour before bed and sleep like a baby for 12 hours but if I vape a lot a few hours before bed I'm wide awake staring at the ceiling until 5AM
>>
Mushroom-Madness - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 02:18:20 EST ID:jxNL3Qbf No.3471 Ignore Report Quick Reply
After vaping herb for quite a while i felt like i couldnt breath out of thr left side of my lungs. I got an xray and it found that i had moderate air trapping. I recovered after about a week. I used to smoke cigs and weed 9 or so months before that. Not too many cigs though.
>>
Rebecca Chiffingham - Mon, 24 Apr 2017 23:14:47 EST ID:hv1ZI8zv No.3476 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
only thing I can think of is when I first started smoking I had a weird feeling in my throat, and then a stomach ache for a day when I first got my kit. I can only assume it was because the resin (gunk/oil/whatever) was getting on my lips and I would injest it when I had something to drink or eat. I actually still get that gunk but no more weird feelings.
>>
Hedda Ciddleridge - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:51:16 EST ID:elArZO3/ No.3684 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
I vaped weed for a year and a half so I could live with my parents without them finding out. I'm back to bong snorkling now that I'm living on my own, but I miss the vape lifestyle. Shit was more intense, but.... different....
Not like smoking weed normally
>>
Hugh Combledale - Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:36:32 EST ID:AiNFhbZp No.3687 Ignore Report Quick Reply
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/24/business/selling-a-poison-by-the-barrel-liquid-nicotine-for-e-cigarettes.html

I was getting drops on my fingers then licking it off. I then figured this was probably bad.
Dont be drinking or putting liquid in your dick or anything.
>>
Phyllis Clengerbure - Mon, 09 Oct 2017 10:27:20 EST ID:mWPBCP9+ No.3697 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Ive been vaping like a cigar.

All I know is this shit tickle my chest if I take it down so I dont. Apart from the weed I just had that is.
>>
Hannah Binnerkat - Tue, 10 Oct 2017 04:58:00 EST ID:OKX1WSxZ No.3699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I already had receding gums before vaping, and even though they have gotten worse over the years, I can't solely attribute them to vaping. Anyway, if I vape before bed - and even if I drink a load of water - I get this dry/sticky mucus feeling in my throat which makes it difficult to sleep. It's weird because this only happens at night.
>>
Phineas Clebberbury - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:49:53 EST ID:ZcCj6RnB No.3704 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>2732
unlike the guy above me, i have receding gums as well, and it hasnt worsened since vaping. What i have noticed is more phlegm when i vape hard. Thats talking 100+ watts on an rda. that aside i notice when ive been smoking more than vaping and the affects from vaping are much less than smoking

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.