420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Cheapest, chinkiest, Temp Control vape mod by Cyril Trotdock - Wed, 31 Jan 2018 23:24:17 EST ID:3JjgCnhv No.3812 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1517459057008.jpg -(112118B / 109.49KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 112118
Hey /vape/, I need a vessel in which to insert powdered drugs (mainly, 2-FMA and other stims but would like to experiment with whatever I can, maybe DMT at some point etc.) and aerosolize them for the purpose of inhalation and subsequent intoxication.

It seems different compounds have different vaporization points, most typically lower than nicotine and PG/VG, and combustion points within a tight range not far above that. So I'd like something simple with a temperature control, and preferably as much modularity as possible for switching out coils when they burn out (much quicker than if I was using regular nicotine juice), for easily available, similarly cheap ass coils.

I already have some eGo gear from years back when I tried vaping, like a couple Aspire K1 BVC atomizers, but I think a lot of ego stuff doesn't have flexibility in temp control, so idk.

From some research I have read that subohm coils seem to work well for vaping powders. Which seems weird to me, since wouldn't those typically burn hotter, and that's what I'm trying to avoid? But maybe it's due to the increased vapor production over higher ohm setups, which would spread heat more evenly among the vaporizing liquids. If anyone can explain better to help me understand, it'd be appreciated.

Anyway. Are there any half decent ego mods that would fit these needs, or should I go with a box mod? I even thought about a dripping setup but I'm a brainlet and that seems complicated and a bit unnecessary...although I do kind of like the idea of dialing in my dose by being able to drop a controlled amount of liquid at a time, rather than just crushing up a half gram of <drug> at a time and letting it sit in a couple mL's of juice all the time, whereby then I'd assume I'd have a harder time titrating my dose and knowing when to stop. Are there any not-complete-shit, but still relatively disposable starter kits out there under like $40, but preferably as dirt cheap as possible?
Cyril Trotdock - Wed, 31 Jan 2018 23:27:44 EST ID:3JjgCnhv No.3813 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I found these two, they look sufficiently mediocre, but should I stay away from built-in batteries? Since all the box mods don't include 18650's, I'd have to buy them separately and that kinda turns me off.

Molly Pockhood - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:29:06 EST ID:GR6keL0j No.3818 Ignore Report Quick Reply
whats the deal with all these fancy ass vapes
i dont get it
George Worthingspear - Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:41:17 EST ID:3JjgCnhv No.3830 Ignore Report Quick Reply
For anyone wondering, I nabbed my brother's dormant Aspire Pockex vape, and ordered a 5-pack of coils for it for like $15. Will update on how this all goes if anyone cares....maybe this weekend but possibly later.
Sophie Nashwill - Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:09:25 EST ID:3JjgCnhv No.3835 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP back here.

Yeah, that did not work well.

I got the regular Pockex original 0.6 ohm coils and tried to dissolve 200mg of 2-FMA powder in ~1mL of some really old juice I had (like, 4 years old). Loaded it in the tank, let it sit for a while to soak the wick, and tried it out. Horrible burnt taste, really unpleasant throat hit (which might'be been the nic content in that juice), and not much of an effect. It was disgusting enough that I was put off from vaping too large of clouds, or for a sufficient amount of puffs long enough to get a buzz. So pretty much a big FAIL

- Might've put too much powder for that amount of juice. It had trouble dissolving, even after stirring the 1mL juice in its container in a hot water bath on the stove for a while. It looked super cloudy when I dumped it in the tank, and noticed after that that there was still even some chunks of powder floating around and sticking to the sides of the tank glass. Fuckin mehhh
- I think the wattage was sufficient; measured the battery and atomizer with a multimeter, should be about 18 watts, but maybe that was actually too much?
- I also wish I had a different vape. The Pockex has only one "tank" (more like a sleeve that just sits loosely on top of the battery) preventing you from swapping out juices easily. And when you're working with just 1mL at a time of juice that has a whopping 0.2g of a fairly expensive substance in it, it sucks having to waste any if you wanted to pour out the remaining stuff and put some new shit in.
- owever, I couldn't really use my old eGo tanks since I suspect no ego battery has enough power to burn through anything in juice other than nicotine.

If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. But I'm starting to think this isn't viable, at least definitely with my current setup.
Clara Noffingmere - Mon, 12 Mar 2018 22:17:19 EST ID:XB6uqJXs No.3860 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just to try to be helpful I don't recommend analogues. The real shit is where it's at.
Nigel Turveywater - Mon, 12 Mar 2018 22:53:37 EST ID:Dt+2kYde No.3861 Ignore Report Quick Reply
try with fresh zero mg juice, sometimes drugs cause the nicotine to decompose or something similar quickly causing a horrible burnt taste and unpleasant throat hit and blackened appearance,
I only know this to be true with meth when mixed with vape juice containing nicotine but I think its possible for other drugs to do the same thing
Basil Baggleham - Fri, 16 Mar 2018 23:55:48 EST ID:3JjgCnhv No.3872 Ignore Report Quick Reply
No shit? Why in the world? I'd love to know even a guesstimate of an explanation of why chemically that would happen.

But yeah that was old as FUCK juice, with super high nicotine, I couldn't even puff on it for more than a couple seconds to get a solid hit. Also as I recall for a few days after, the back upper corners of my gums were inflamed. I feel like the 2-fma might've been caustic.

I might try again at some point, with some non-5-years-old, nicotine-free juice. Also thinking >>3860 may be right, not sure if any amphetamine analogue will work well in an ejuice solution. Meth, as far as the molecule goes at least, seems absolutely made by God himself to be put through a vape. But I just don't think I'm willing to go down the meth road. Already bad enough with even 2fma, I already used my 2g bag in less than 1.5 months :(

Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.