Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
nicotine vaping a healthier alternative? by Nicholas Gittingfuck - Tue, 01 May 2018 19:35:32 EST ID:85kNE830 No.3944 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525217732249.jpg -(8821B / 8.61KB, 307x164) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 8821
So recently my 16 year old sister asked me to buy a vape that uses a high dose of nicotine which teens are referring to as "juuling." Vaping seems to be a healthier alternative to smoking or pose no risk at all. I'm curious do you guys see it morally wrong to buy a vape for someone under 18? Is the media demonization of nicotine vaping just propaganda by the tobacco industry, is vaping going to save lives?
>>
John Wankinpeg - Tue, 01 May 2018 19:57:44 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you're not already addicted to nicotine, vaping is a terrible habit to get into. You'd be setting her up for a lifetime of addiction. If she's already smoking then maybe it's justifiable from a harm reduction perspective, but she could also be encouraged by it.
>>
Henry Savingdore - Wed, 02 May 2018 08:46:59 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3947 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3944
a juul is not a vape, its a real cigarette basically
>>
William Sallerstot - Thu, 03 May 2018 12:03:43 EST ID:XLurDENQ No.3948 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3944
I've heard that nicotine salts (those used in juul, phix, and some juices like Mr. SaltE and Level Up) have been shown to cause liver/kidney damage. Still better than smoking, but a normal vape with 3-9mg of nic would be better than the salts which hover from 25-55mg.
However, 16 year olds should not vape/smoke. If she already smoke and wants to quit that's different, but still make sure she's not blowing through all that nicotine too fast.
>>
Alice Hinkinwater - Sat, 05 May 2018 12:58:48 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3955 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Why the fuck is everyone in this thread tryna act like mr responsible fucking vapist.

Cigarettes were being smoked from as early as 11 in my school by particularly rebellious kids. By the time I was 17 it was incredibly common to smoke, especially because alcohol was so prolific and people partied by now.

Stop acting like pathetic jobsworth moral crusaders. Buy the kid her fucking vape because ffs it’s what kids do.

“Oh there is no reason to introduce if you don’t smoke blabla”
  • shut the fuck up mr hall monitor and quit acting like 13-18 isn’t just for sex, drugs and alcohol.
>>
Sidney Chimmerbuck - Sat, 05 May 2018 15:52:12 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3956 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525549932363.jpg -(48544B / 47.41KB, 593x444) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>3955
The difference is that the rest of us matured beyond 17 and eventually realized that addiction doesn't make you cool lol. Strange for a supposedly grown man to get so angry over people suggesting that its best for children to avoid it.
>>
Simon Serryspear - Mon, 07 May 2018 09:51:11 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3958 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3956

It’s like revising history to me. We all know teenagers do this stuff. We all did this stuff. Why the fuck do we then try to force our new “maturity” on them after what... some sort of arbitrary expiry date?

It sounds more like you’ve lost touch, rather than me being the one with a stagnant maturity. It’s about keeping it honest. I’d rather a teenager vapes than smokes. They are gonna do that shit anyways, might as well be health conscious.

Same way I’d rather my child uses a condom and understands sex/drugs/alcohol as both a good and bad thing. So many older people try to force some hallucination of a life of abstinence till 18 (or younger/older depending on local laws) and then it’s hey, do what you want but don’t ask don’t tell. That’s why things are so fucked. Everyone is just full of aspirational shit they never once experienced in their own lives.
>>
William Lightshaw - Mon, 07 May 2018 17:19:45 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3959 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525727985917.jpg -(70760B / 69.10KB, 500x560) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>3958
In my core group of friends in high school there were several people who smoked like chimneys and there were several others who never touched a single cigarette, let alone any other drug.

>I’d rather a teenager vapes than smokes.
That's why everybody is saying it depends on whether she already smokes. We agree on the harm reduction aspect, but the truth is that plenty of teenagers don't smoke. If they aren't hooked already then there's no reason to buy them a ticket to addiction.
>>
Ian Modgestone - Tue, 08 May 2018 08:34:38 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3960 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3959
vaping should basically be helping to quit an already existing habit, especially a high nic device, theres no point to take up ingesting so much nicotine if you aren't already smoking, just to create an addiction.
>>
Phoebe Shakewell - Wed, 09 May 2018 08:09:05 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3961 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I guess my point is who are any of us to deny someone this rites of passage?

“Vaping should only be for smokers” is just weirdly possessive. Yes I accept the health implications of nicotine addiction. But that’s just that. It is not grounds enough to deny someone the device.

It seems like legality is being conflated with morality. I feel that my stance is practical. If underage people are at that point of their life where they wish to randomely introduce vaping into their lives - let them. To their generation it may be no different to starting smoking.

Technically nobody in society has a single genuine reason to have got started. I cant even think of a justification for the existence of tobacco other than “something to do” and “it’s a buzz”. If we were going by the logic of this thread, tobacco and vaping should be totally illegal and nobody should have access to it. Because after all, it’s addictive!

At the end of the day, it’s just a person 2 years younger than legal age vaping on a device with significantly less health risks than the alternative. At a young age there are probably far more convincing reasons to smoke/vape than at any other age. The smoking area was always the hottest place to be for conversations at a party/club. Having cigarettes was also a kind of cool factor thing - this stuff helps shape and form an identity. You never know how that act of rebellion will help shape their life.

Ultimately their choice, as it is yours. To deny them their choice feels hypocritical by anyone on this board, since we have all exercised the exact same choice.
>>
Angus Dirrylock - Thu, 10 May 2018 02:15:26 EST ID:YhPSD7nu No.3962 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3945
>You'd be setting her up for a lifetime of addiction
No, vaping is not nearly as addictive as smoking tobacco.

>>3947
It's plain nicotine salts, cigs have hundreds of other ingredients that aren't present in a JUUL.

>>3959
>>3960
Teenagers want to experiment and try shit out. Nicotine has positive effects like increased focus, memory, and responses, as well as providing a social outlet in vaping. It's not highly addictive compared to other things teens will try, such as cigs or alcohol. You're acting like vaping is only a "quit smoking aid," which is ridiculous, people start smoking for a reason. There's equally valid reasons to start vaping, moreso since it's mostly harmless.
>>
Shit Civingchet - Thu, 10 May 2018 18:12:41 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3965 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3963

Caffeine should never be sold.
Let’s ban video games.
Let’s ban gambling.
Let’s ban sex/

Interesting
>>
Diego Rivera - Thu, 10 May 2018 23:52:33 EST ID:bbx6xknT No.3966 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Vaping really is better than cigs imo, but your kid sister should find a shop that doesn't card her.
>>
Thomas Blythefuck - Fri, 11 May 2018 01:07:50 EST ID:UV42LtsY No.3969 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3963
Yes, look it up. Isolated nicotine is not nearly as addictive as cigarettes. It's only a bit more addictive than coffee.
>>
Polly Parringdotch - Fri, 11 May 2018 04:23:32 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3970 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3969
it's pretty addictive still. nicotine in itself is what creates the addiction, the chemicals used during the tobacco curing process merely add anything to this effect. they're there, but cigarettes aren't addictive because /tinfoil/ big tobacco conspiracy, they're addictive mainly because they contain nicotine. Back in the 1500s people were hooked on tobacco and they didn't put shit in it back then.
compared to cigs the effect of a vape is really subpar, a cig delivers much more of a hit and buzz than just vaping nicotine, so to me there's no point taking up the habit if you don't smoke already, might as well try the real thing if you really want to, its just best to not start using addictive substances unless you're already addicted, i think that makes sense.
>>
Eliza Nemmerdidge - Fri, 11 May 2018 04:52:45 EST ID:/6CWWTWQ No.3971 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3970

I think it’s an arbitrary stance to expect others to adhere to.

You can do as you and I have no qualms with that. But to dictate the lives of others on such thin grounds is strange.
>>
Polly Parringdotch - Fri, 11 May 2018 07:11:23 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3972 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3971
How can anyone "dictate" anyones lives in the western world in 2018?
If i state my opinion that says I personally think it makes no sense to take up vaping nicotine if you're not already addicted to the substance (you can always go 0 nic, but this is about a juul) and I would thus advise against it, am i dictating someones life?
I am just stating my opinion supported with the legitimiate fact that nicotine is indeed addictive. To be honest objectively speaking it's not very smart to get into vaping with a fucking juul, at least with normal vapes you can go nicotine free and try all the flavours, a juul is just a huge kick of nicotine to solve cravings.
You can still ingest all the nicotine you want to, I have no means to "dictate the lives of others", I'm just posting my opinion on a fucking imageboard.
>>
Simon Fogglewatch - Sun, 13 May 2018 23:15:12 EST ID:TFl7iiAZ No.3974 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3944
It's better to not start a habit. Nicotine is actually harmful for proper neuronal development for the underage iirc. Any addiction is going to rewire the brain in ways that shouldn't be so. Vaping is much safer than cigarettes, and afaik legitimate estimates put it at 1-5% as harmful as cigarettes (Royal College of Physicians iirc).

Anyway nicotine/cigarettes can be as addictive as heroin so https://profiles.nlm.nih.gov/ps/access/nnbbzd.pdf
>>
Ernest Buffingfuck - Wed, 16 May 2018 10:50:55 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3979 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3973

Cute narrative, wildly off base.

I don’t challenge addiction. I just accept the futility of telling a teenager no.
>>
Sidney Ginningfuck - Thu, 17 May 2018 05:27:44 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3980 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526549264960.jpg -(52432B / 51.20KB, 780x730) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>3979
You're so astoundingly certain that every teenager smokes or vapes that you've gone beyond accepting and are actively encouraging it. You act like people are doing something wrong by not illegally supplying minors with an addictive substance. You talk as if you're the only realistic one here when you're the one that has gone off the rails, criticizing anybody who dares mention harm reduction. Get a grip. You sound like a "hey there fellow kids" type talking like you have some mystical understanding of the teenage mind that the rest of just in our early 20's don't.
>>
Barnaby Sinningshit - Fri, 18 May 2018 16:28:54 EST ID:9nNjdWIr No.3981 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3980

W.R.O.G.N

Only in teens that are of that demographic/disposition. Decided not to read past your opening sentence since entire post will be based on a false core understanding.

Please do not presume my stance.
>>
Esther Pockford - Fri, 18 May 2018 17:21:06 EST ID:mdeSaTyI No.3982 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3981
>W.R.O.G.N
Now you’re just embarrassing yourself lmao
>>
Sophie Guvingfidge - Fri, 18 May 2018 18:37:37 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3983 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3982

r.i.p JO77Y
XXXX-2007

Your spirit forever lives on in my heart, brother
>>
David Bunlock - Fri, 18 May 2018 20:10:38 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3984 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3981
you write like a fucking retard dude, you're not in a fucking anime. you're so overly dramatic in this retarded pseudo intellectual way idk why cant you just speak normally
>>
Henry Blinnerfag - Fri, 18 May 2018 23:09:59 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3985 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526699399633.jpg -(124186B / 121.28KB, 550x413) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>3984
Because he's an 18 y/o senior
>>
Eugene Smallville - Sat, 19 May 2018 04:35:37 EST ID:uL4Qccsw No.3986 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3984

It’s called being precise.

How you interpret it says more about you than me. Sounds like intimidation. Dude.
>>
Eugene Smallville - Sat, 19 May 2018 04:38:51 EST ID:uL4Qccsw No.3987 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3985

W.R.O.G.N

More narratives projected by insecure people. Reactive hostility based on magical stories in your head about who/what I am. You guys ain’t on my level for a discussion.

“Talk normally” - what, like an idiot? Most people I meet in life stagger through their speech. All errs and umms, barely able to articulate their own thoughts. I used to try keep myself on your level but found it limiting to how quickly I can form my ideas. Why fucking limit myself to my dumb ass national average IQ/reading age or any of the usual cultural stereotypes in order to just be another fucking idiot?
>>
Henry Blinnerfag - Sat, 19 May 2018 04:54:07 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3988 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526720047633.gif -(1992161B / 1.90MB, 160x160) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>3987
>>
Barnaby Gocklekug - Sun, 20 May 2018 08:31:07 EST ID:SlnqSES1 No.3991 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I dropped smoking cigarettes for good, because I don't get any effect out of it it was just to make me feel normal, a pretty shitty deal to be honest. Vaping to me seems like to good to be true, its so fucking tasty and smooth I can't buy it, there is no such thing as biological free lunch. Everything in life has a price, vaping is quite young we don't know much about it and what it does long term.
>>
Caroline Crumblespear - Tue, 22 May 2018 04:53:21 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3992 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3991
this lol, vaping sounds too good to be true.
maybe we will all have cancer in 5 years time or something.
>>
Caroline Crumblespear - Tue, 22 May 2018 06:23:17 EST ID:Wnx4/lNl No.3993 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3986
sounds like i and at least 1 other person find your choice of words laughable
>>
Samuel Blatherstone - Tue, 22 May 2018 12:54:49 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.3994 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3993

Oh no 2 people on a drug based the future spin off don’t like my posts.
>>
Beatrice Shittingford - Tue, 22 May 2018 17:56:59 EST ID:jCT3p6oj No.3995 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1527026219749.jpg -(60983B / 59.55KB, 300x250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>3994
You do seem concerned. And you probably should be at least a little concerned when you find out you're retarded tbh
>>
Shitting Goodfield - Mon, 28 May 2018 23:57:56 EST ID:wmcxhUSI No.3999 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>3970
It isn't just the chemicals used during the tobacco curing process. Tobacco naturally contains MAOIs and other shit other than nicotine.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.