Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
Health benefit to moderate vaping by Eugene Blinnerdatch - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 23:25:47 EST ID:SMvMcNLV No.4006 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528341947025.jpg -(152687B / 149.11KB, 850x638) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 152687
Let's get this out of the way immediately, nicotine is a toxin too much of anything is a bad thing. But ever since I've started vaping my dieting has improved, I'm more motivated to exercise and I'm finding it easier to breathe since I'm doing deep breathing exercises all the time even when i'm not vaping. Not to mention my mental health which has eliminated my hot flashes of anger, my aforementioned mild depression and even taken away my alcohol cravings which was getting bad. Is it possible to call vaping at least in some cases a medical benefit?
>>
David Subberridge - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 22:23:48 EST ID:W7E/AuWl No.4007 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Alright, I'll take the bait. It's been said a million times:

Nicotine is a mild stimulant.

It suppresses appetite (which is at least partially why people gain weight after quitting smoking). It will help with depression, at least in short bursts, since it plays with the pleasure/reward receptors in the nervous system, which also could play into the "alcohol craving" thing.

The rest, I'm not sure about. Could be placebo, could have legitimate effects I'm too lazy to look into right now. Regardless, if I had the chance I would never touch nicotine.

tl;dr it's got some legitimate uses, but addiction is shitty.
>>
Simon Senderfork - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 13:19:36 EST ID:6qBma3iU No.4008 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528564776227.jpg -(17077B / 16.68KB, 240x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4007
This. There are some very subtle benefits that aren't at all worth it, and if you try to take advantage of them with any frequency you will become addicted. It's a shitty expensive habit that everybody ends up wishing they could drop.
>>
Albert Clandleludging - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:27:07 EST ID:SMvMcNLV No.4009 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4008
It's pretty cheap considering, if I chance vape all day i have about 6 months worth of e-juice which is pretty cheap i paid 30 bucks for. Add the monthly 5$ filter and it's way more cost effictive than my other addictive habits. Especially alcohol. I used to down a 15$ bottle on a weekend, every weekend minimum. So every month if I didn't drink that much i'd be drinking away 60$ a month. I don't see my nicotine addiction getting so bad it make me want to try to fight it off by getting drunk off my ass again.
>>
Albert Clandleludging - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:28:18 EST ID:SMvMcNLV No.4010 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4009
*chain* not chance
>>
Sophie Dartspear - Thu, 28 Jun 2018 05:12:26 EST ID:ngYvExJY No.4016 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4006
nicotine acts as an arterial stiffener, and sinceits also a stimulant itincreases bloodpressure
I found this out cause I had a fucking stroke from vaping wya too much
>>
Edward Samblespear - Thu, 05 Jul 2018 22:44:57 EST ID:Vhnlh3Hr No.4019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
With the nic salts I definitely almost prefer vaping to smoking.

Like, I actually quit cold turkey and had no nicotine whatsoever for 2 years. Then I started smoking again and it fuckin wrecked me health wise. Had no energy, felt shitty, etc etc.

Now I vape pretty much only, sometimes I'll bum a cig. I used to get mad cravings when watching someone smoke in movies or television shows but the vape takes care of that pretty well
>>
Rebecca Haddlechutch - Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:15:41 EST ID:CWSGR7sz No.4076 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4006
I'm sure this has been asked about a million times on this board but I just started vaping and I'm wondering about the health effects. Most info I'm finding out there is just "its not as bad as smoking but there might be some risks". Does anyone here actually know anything about these risks, what they are, etc?
>>
Fucking Clorrybutch - Sun, 02 Sep 2018 15:09:24 EST ID:a9hdQZ9R No.4084 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1535915364265.jpg -(494756B / 483.16KB, 2048x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4076
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/file/10116/download?token=K05kvT-7
>>
Shit Pemmleham - Tue, 04 Sep 2018 10:36:28 EST ID:XYn3oUwq No.4085 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4076

Objectively, it’s hard to say because there are many doctors, scientists and academics contradicting each other - lobbying and politics has muddied the water. There is also a lot of media hysteria in order to attract clicks.

Supposed “emerging risks” of vaping, according to Business Insider UK in their latest clicbait article, are becoming to addicted to nicotine and it won’t help you quit smoking (by virtue of still maintaining nicotine addiction). Also many websites are reporting today that a university found that vaping daily doubles your risk of a heart attack, and smoking triples it and vaping n smoking is a juicy x5 multiplier. They cannot blame vaping as the cause, but say, hey, if you vape, typically your risk is x2 across a sample of 70,000 people we asked. This could be tied to lifestyle issues prior or unrelated to vaping, there will be plenty of people swapping over after a career spent smoking... or who just didn’t excercise.

But here is my science. In Summer 2015 I switched to vaping for weed and nicotine. Prior to that I was smoking 20/30 a day and 1-1.5g a day in spliffs. I vaped 3-6mg / 5-10ml a day and 1g of weed or so for the next 2 years. I became mildly healthier - eating a bit better, lifting weights a bit, going for long walks. In summer 2017 I did a health and fitness test. My heart rate was a happy 67 at rest, my endurance cardio performance was indicative of being “in good shape” and breathing considered fine. My flat mates participated in the same test, they don’t smoke, they like to play football - I “beat” one of them in the endurance cardio.

If vaping was fucking me up, it would have shown. But it would appear that I am healthy.

Imo the biggest risks of vaping are headaches, nausea and lack of appetite.
>>
Hedda Gorrystock - Tue, 04 Sep 2018 12:48:05 EST ID:d2vgpd7y No.4086 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4076
COPD

https://www.infowars.com/e-cig-vapor-changes-lung-cells-study/
>>
Martin Purringwore - Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:02:46 EST ID:qpAUZye0 No.4096 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4006
Man there is always new tek coming out but at the same time it’s better to not trip over how vapelife is weed nation my m,man
>>
Nell Pickbanks - Sun, 16 Sep 2018 06:21:23 EST ID:TmLtGJs6 No.4099 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1537093283421.jpg -(33679B / 32.89KB, 750x737) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4086
That study is done on cells on petri dishes
>>
Priscilla Crindlefon - Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:42:24 EST ID:dRd1V0ML No.4103 Ignore Report Quick Reply
vaping already seems pretty healthy seeing as how the cotton in the mouthpiece never even turns yellow or brown but a couple drags off a cig and they would be. they also make healthy e juice so look into that. e juice made out of natural stuff has lavender oil and stuff like that in there and there's even juices that are meant to open nasal pasages and allow easier breathing and ones meant for relaxation and stuff. i can even provide a link if interested!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.