420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Im gonna do it guize prepare for a wall of text. by zaphod - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 02:53:59 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32583 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1437375239458.jpg -(1422329B / 1.36MB, 4252x1664) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1422329
So i made a thread on /b/ about this you may have saw. And talked about it here.
Short into
>Im sick of my life here, im sick of the cycle of work and bills that never ends.
>Im losing my current residence regardless at the end of the month
>I can either stay here and keep doing what i do, being more stable but unfilled
>Its my dream to travel the world. I'll do it by foot if necessary/ possible

After thinking about it and talking to alot of people about it I decided to attempt to back back across at least as far as I can make it in europe.

I have some money saved up. Im using that to gear up and renew my pass ports and stuff and to buy my plane ticket. Still in a planning mode.

I'm 27 and have no idea what to do with my life. But I've known for ever i want to travel.
I got the opportunity to spend 6 months in europe in 2011.
My sister's husband is in the military so i got a super cheap plane ticket around $600 round trip. And stayed with her in Germany for a few weeks. Then we drove around eastern europe and bummed about for a bit with my family (mother, sister and brother in law) and and stayed in hostels. I then wanted to stay longer in the greece than they did so i stayed and met them back in DE latter. I went home with my mom after that back to FL.

Ever since then I've dreamed of going back alone. I took like 4 gigs of pics while there. Alot were amazing. And I used a shitty point and shoot for like 80% of the trip and borrowed my sisters dslr for the rest.

in total I spent just over $800 not including the plane ride for the whole trip. I saw 5 countries. I was to see a 6th but my grandfather (mother's dad) suddenly passed and we came home for the funeral and such.

I plan to leave Florida via hitching/walking with the eventual destination of NYC. I have stop along the way im still planning to visit with people. I'm stopping in penn state to visit my best friend and his wife for a bit.

I have a few friends in NYC i wanna visit too. And maybe a few couches to crash on.
I may or may not grab a part time job while living semi homelessly depending on my departure date to the EU.

When I land (still planning where that will be). I plan to basically just wander, see as much as I can. Document the whole experience youtube, here, other sites, blogs
I have an online job I do for very part time at $100 a month min as long as i can get online for about 10 hours a month with my lap top.

I also plan on Wwoofing. I've never done it but have had several friends do it and have the times of their life. Both here and abroad. For those unfamiliar with it. There's a site you join and pay a yearly fee of $40 and you get access to an online directory of farms that offer room and board for work. All over the world. So plan to use this in combination with any possible real work I do while there that isnt wwoofing to fund my self and keep bills down.

My sister still lives in germany but were having a fight right now and not talking. Idk exactly how to resolve it. But being able to see her would be really nice. Even though were fighting I miss her. I doubt she'd turn me away if i just showed up on her door step but it'd be weird.

I have no end goal or destination in mind. South east asia in general seems cool. Alot of the northern stan named countries sound fun.

A bit of backround on me
>Im 27.
>White but I look olive skinned even when i have no tan. When I tan I look any number of dirty ethnicities and have dark shaggy hair (jew fro).
> have some wilderness survival skils but im no master.
>I've been to culinary school (trade school not le cordon bleu) so i have one universal skill.
>I speak german (out of practice)
>Spent 6 months fucking around in europe before. I traveled part of the way with my family. Then we split up and met back up in germany latter. So i have a little traveling alone experience in eastern europe but i didnt have to hitch when i was there. I was able to afford trains and such. I also did a little bit of hostle work cooking for rooms.
>Im very tech literate
>Once I start using a language I pick up ok enough

>Pic related, i took from my last trip. this is in greece.
>>
zaphod - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 03:10:46 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32584 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't want to get too specific on how much money I have to start this trip. But it's not as much as I'd like it to be. So it's gonna be a make it break it type dealie atleast at first.
>>
Edwin Brookfoot - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 09:06:29 EST ID:TJWJv5Mp No.32585 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1437397589249.jpg -(276360B / 269.88KB, 2560x1600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>32583 Well, ok? I mean it sounds like you got everything planned out and are just making a blog post.

What I did when I was in your situation was basically go nomad for a year. Saved up a few grand and took my motorcycle with my backpack which carried my clothes, air mattress, dog tent, netbook, charger cables, a few MRE's just in case (the ones with the chemical pouch for heating) a package of gasket blanks, and a small reserve tank of gasoline (sealed well and double bagged)

I spent my time traveling around the U.S. Going south during winter and heading back north during summer. I ate mostly at fast food joints which wasn't the healthiest choice but I was only eating once or twice a day. I generally rode all day, stopping only to eat/set up camp and sleep. I met tons of interesting people on the road and carried news and stories between communities. Since I had my netbook and internet access whenever I was feeling a touch bored with just riding (which was rare) I'd find a little bit of work on WWOOF and stick around for the day before heading off in the morning.

Looking back on it all, if I had a fuckload of money saved up, I'd spend most of my life like that. I know it doesn't sound too exciting. But every single day I'd be someplace different. Meeting people I've never seen before. I never had any issues with sleeping in a tent either because unlike a lot of people I'd take the time to find a nice hidden camp site deep in the countryside, or I would pay to set up for a day in an established campground. In the rare event I was stuck in a place for more than a day, I'd spend my time hiking the nearby trails.

I know it sounds kind of lonely but, I never felt that way.
>>
Beatrice Pobbleson - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:58:55 EST ID:kc/SppqB No.32586 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I suggest this to anyone looking to travel for cheap. Do a Workaway or a WWOOF. A few hours of work a day in exchange for free food and a place to sleep. It's legit, I've done some before. If you spend money on gear have it be a good tent, good shoes, and a good backpack. Plan your travels so you don't end up in NYC in the middle of winter.
>>
Betsy Meddlemeck - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:23:53 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32589 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Please add to the list. Since im not going to be living just in the woods and off the land my gear is more focused on mobility and the ability to just set up camp in a multiple of locations.

Gear I must have:
at least a single person tent.
Something to cook food on (skillet or something)
Head lamp
Cameras
Laptop
Phone
Backpacking pack
Sleeping bag
First aid kit
Flint and steel fire sparkers
Camping style single butane burner
Universal plug converter since all my stuff is US plugs
maybe a gps
>>
Edwin Brookfoot - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:38:09 EST ID:TJWJv5Mp No.32590 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1437421089249.jpg -(31794B / 31.05KB, 450x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>32589

>Flint and Steel

Just carry a lighter or two man. Weigh less and less work involved to start a fire.

>Something to cook on

I recommend a mess kit like pic related. Meant for travel, all packs down into itself for easy carry. Comes with a skillet/frying/sauce pan, and plate. Then pick up a nice spork and a dinner knife for utensils. I used this setup on my travels. Only complaint I had is that unless you use grease or butter things can burn and stick to the steel fairly easily. But being diligent in your cooking should remove that problem.

>Head lamp

Make sure you get one that takes easy to find (AA or AAA) batteries. Lamps that take those little watch batteries weigh less when worn, but the batteries can burn out quick, be expensive, and hard to find in a pinch.

>Sleeping bag

Look around for one of the compressible bags. I have one that's good to below freezing, but I can compress it down and put it into its satchel and it's smaller than a football. It's very warm and comfortable too, but not recommended if you're planning on camping in consistently cold climates.

>Universal Plug Converter

This is a must.

>Things to add.

A small air mattress or bedroll to get you up off the ground. Most good Backpacking packs will have a storage space specifically for a rolled up air mattress/bedroll so you don't have to use compartment space for it.
>>
Good advice, especially about the converter - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:01:29 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32590
>>
zaphod - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:32:23 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32592 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Any links to some of the equitment I've listed would be awesome.

Right now im trying to find a good back pack for less than $100.

I already have
1 point and shoot pos digital camera (looking to get a nicer used dslr for nicer shots)
laptop
phone
GPS
Universal plug converter
>>
Edwin Brookfoot - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:30:57 EST ID:TJWJv5Mp No.32593 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32592

Sure.

Cookware http://www.amazon.com/Texsport-Stainless-Steel-Mess-Kit/dp/B000P9IR6K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1437427632&sr=8-4&keywords=stainless+steel+mess+kit

Headlamp (AAA batteries) http://www.amazon.com/Headlamp-Flashlight-Lifetime-Guarantee-Comfortable-Resistant/dp/B00H26CGTI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437427675&sr=8-3&keywords=headlamp

Framed Traveling Backpack http://www.amazon.com/Teton-Sports-Internal-Backpack-Hunter/dp/B000F34ZKS/ref=sr_1_20?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1437427718&sr=1-20&keywords=backpack

Compressible Sleeping Bag http://www.amazon.com/Naturehike-Outdoor-Sleeping-Camping-Envelope/dp/B00FCQL47U/ref=pd_sim_468_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HMAPNQ8AD036JGX9HJY

Single sized air mattress http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000010284-Quickbed-Twin/dp/B006JH1LVA/ref=sr_1_15?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1437427900&sr=1-15&keywords=air+mattress

Small Butane Stove (Screws on top of the fuel canister for its base) http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Ultralight-Portable-Backpacking-Compatible/dp/B00B4FY8YO/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1437427960&sr=1-6&keywords=butane+stove

As for lighters, just buy a pack of cigarette lighters they'll work just fine.
>>
Edwin Brookfoot - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:43:13 EST ID:TJWJv5Mp No.32594 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32593

Oh sorry, just to clarify

I'm not saying you should order these exact same ones from Amazon, or if you should buy anything from Amazon at all. I'm just saying that the things I linked there are the same/extremely similar to what I've used on my year long trip. During that time I was very comfortable and never wanting for anything. And all the items plus clothes and small cache of emergency food/water/gasoline all fit into my backpack (which is similar in size to the one linked) comfortably.

Honestly if you are dead-set on going to europe, you might want to wait until you're over there to buy your supplies. Because an American bought butane stove might not be the right size to be compatible with european butane canisters, know what I mean?
>>
zaphod - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:00:26 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32595 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32594
Good advice on the stove, im not even 100% sure i was going to get it at all. That pack pack you linked is too legit 2 quit
>>
zaphod - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:30:45 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32597 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32595
One thing im havign a problem with though is that I know dick all about cameras.

I've read DSLR are cool, and i used my sisters last time. If you guys see a non shit dslr for not alot link it here and I'll give you a virtual joint.
>>
Eliza Backleforth - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:30:03 EST ID:0ZbHy/8r No.32598 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1437503403625.jpg -(44737B / 43.69KB, 420x280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>32595
I'd go with a hammock if I were you, they're lighter than the full set of sleepware and weigh ~100grams. Very compact and easy to pack. Can be augmented with a tarp for rain or cold weather.

For stoves you may wish to go with a refillable liquid fueled model, as kero/whitegas/petrol/diesel are usually easier to come by than butane canisters.
One nice example is the MSR Whisperlite. http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/stoves/simple-cooking/whisperlite-international-2012/product

Remember that carrying/flaunting too much electronics will get you robbed. A DSLR is harder to conceal than a laptop. If you want a camera get a nice point and shoot. I think the class is called "semiprofessional". This one seems right up your alley: http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/powershot-sx170-is-black
>>
zaphod - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:58:59 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32599 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32598
more good advice.

As for hammocks I was looking at some. It seems the thing with hammocks is it's either not as rain proof as it advertises or it is and it costs a fortune. Im basing this off reviews for several rain proof tents I've read. Although the hammock does out weigh tents in many areas (not actual weight, bur pros and cons) I've decided having only one or the other wouldn't work. There would be alot of instances where a hammock won't be practical and then the same for tent.

So i'll probably end up getting both.

This is the list of gear I have in my amazon cart that I'm just waiting untill I've compared and finalized that's what gear Im getting. I'm going to add more, so this isnt' a complete list either.

I havent hit buy just yet incase you guys or I find better shit. But this is the stuff I'd like to get.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WU9BP3K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3EEVQS86M9DHS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056SOA48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3U0POL7IT4VS5
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PTRLR6U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2FTPZZ786QVOM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GRSI3C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3RJHKN59DL8A
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010O748Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LFCZSLI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1J7O7Q2KLU8CQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EPRM4I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PXUL4CU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2YXIMYE5TFOGJ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KBYPIG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

$318 usd total so far. I could sign up for prime and get like $30 bucks off. But idk if it's worth it.
>>
zaphod - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:25:48 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32600 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32598
as for showy electronics:
I have my lap top which is going to stay in my bag most of the time.
My phone (samsung S3 with no plan and a cracked screen)
Old donated tom tom gps
1 shit camera.
I guess having a dslr is like saying please rob me because It's not something I can easily take out and stow. It's a large bulky expensive item.
So good call on that.
>>
zaphod - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:12:35 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32602 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Ok gear is ordered. I paid my couchsurfing account and am now looking at Wwofing by country. I'm heavily leaning towords because winter is approaching and I'd like to stay somewhere relatively warm.

I did want to do greece, but I'll save that for later. I think a country that isn't on the verge of anarchy might be a better first choice till i get my travel legs so to speak.
>>
zaphod - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:26:03 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32603 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32602
leaning tword italy
NB
>>
Whitey Chuzzlechig - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:36:31 EST ID:TJWJv5Mp No.32605 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32599

It all looks good, but I might reconsider the sleeping bag. 1. it looks quite large, and 2. unless you're going to be in a cold area, the bag might be too heavy and warm. Especially if you're going to be in the Mediterranean.
>>
zaphod - Tue, 21 Jul 2015 20:44:05 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32606 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32605
it compresses down to around the size of a soccer ball when in it's case. And from what I've read in reviews it opens up incase you're too warm. It's rated to about 0F. I figured it would be better to have one that will keep me warm when I need it.
>>
George Blunderfuck - Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:59:51 EST ID:TJWJv5Mp No.32618 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32606

All good then. Don't forget a day-pack. I recommended this http://www.amazon.com/Outlander-Packable-Lightweight-Backpack-Daypack/dp/B0092ECRLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437678113&sr=8-1&keywords=collapsible+backpack

It folds down into itself into a teeny bag that you can carry in your pocket. Use this when you are just going on a short hike or shopping and you don't want to carry your huge trail backpack.

Oh and don't forget a water bottle or canteen or something, or a water filter.
>>
Shit Hevingshit - Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:24:27 EST ID:O75nu05S No.32649 Ignore Report Quick Reply
lol who gives a fuck about Europe man its expensive as balls and snobby, just go to Japan where the asian girls treat white trash like kings
>>
Hugh Pemblefuck - Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:47:58 EST ID:w8E+0IdA No.32652 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32649
lmao youre delusional
>>
Phoebe Duckshit - Thu, 30 Jul 2015 00:23:35 EST ID:0ZbHy/8r No.32653 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32649
Maybe 20, 30 years ago, but now all but the most 3rd world asian nations know better. You will make a fool of yourself, go right ahead.
>>
Molly Cattingcocke - Thu, 30 Jul 2015 04:03:14 EST ID:Tl3I5WHl No.32654 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32649
Japan is super expensive bro.

Just an update on what's going on with my trip.

I hit a snag on my pass port. My mom who has mental problems destroyed my pass port. So I had to get some additional paper work to get a new one. No big deal though, just a bit of extra time I have to wait. Though it does push my tirp more into the winter than I initially wanted but what ever.
>>
Ernest Blythestock - Sat, 08 Aug 2015 03:31:05 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32654
OP here. Got an appointment Monday to get my Passport. They make it complicated as fuck to get a passport in orlando. I ended up going to the next rural town near by to set up the appointment. It's cheaper and faster.
I should have my passport in about 4 weeks.
>>
Angus Geckleworth - Sat, 08 Aug 2015 08:50:33 EST ID:3Z61ifFQ No.32700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32649
>europe
>expensive
have you ever been outside the united states?
>>
Beatrice Passlewater - Sun, 09 Aug 2015 21:31:25 EST ID:CqrR++Kd No.32706 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32700
Gasoline is more expensive in europe. Whats your point?
>>
Augustus Clayfield - Mon, 10 Aug 2015 00:07:25 EST ID:0ZbHy/8r No.32707 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32706
Petrol is the traveler's only expenditure
>>
James Claystock - Mon, 10 Aug 2015 01:15:23 EST ID:3Z61ifFQ No.32708 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32706
No shit nigga, I live in fucking Europe. And what's yours? Tourists from outside Europe don't even buy any petrol like 99% of the time. Like someone who drives all the way from the US with a car would consider fuel prices as an issue? That's a retarded argument. Look man, apart from like Switzerland and Luxemburg europe is pretty cheap or just as expensive as major US states.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Wed, 12 Aug 2015 03:03:39 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Op here, I started using a trip code. But what the fuck are you talking about with gas? You realize as a back packer im mostly going to be walking and using ride shares, right?

Are you even able to read or do you just flap your hands around near the keyboard hoping something comes out in English?

Europe is cheap in alot of ways but also more expensive in some ways. It depends on the commodity you're talking about.
Gas is more expensive, but inversely food is way cheaper. Cost of living is lower in general but rent can be more expensive (depending on country).
>>
Fucking Dartforth - Fri, 14 Aug 2015 04:28:02 EST ID:x2iNUFMa No.32736 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32583
Go woofing. You will learn a lot about agriculture. You will have 0 expenses, will learn the culture, the language, learn a lot of people. Do it, its a lot of fun!
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Sun, 16 Aug 2015 04:23:23 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32744 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Passport is on its way, plane ticket booked for october. Im looking for a part time job to kill time while i crash on this couch in orlando. I know im supposed to have a licence to Cary mace in the eu but ive readings not a commonly enforced law unless i use it illegally (like in a Robery or something )so im bringing some mace.
Got 95% of my gear already. Trying to decide on the best emergency locator beacon to buy. My friend suggested a hacked ham radio that does the same thing as an ELB but only works if its in range of a repeater ham tower and technically requires a ham radio license to operate. But if i only use it sporadically (i can use it to update Twitter and send geo coordinates to my blog in addition to an emergency beacon) i shouldnt arouse the ire of the radio gestapo. While its technicaly a modem at that point it only gets 12bps. So no porn.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Sun, 16 Aug 2015 04:28:27 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32745 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32744
Typed from my phone. Excuse typos. I blame autocorrect
>>
Fucking Crollyfoot - Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:32:46 EST ID:2AI2krIa No.32746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Are you still in planning mode, OP?

Good luck
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:51:23 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32746
Mostly got all my planning done. But now im just waiting for my passport and stuff to come in the mail. My plane ticket is for Oct 9th
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Wed, 19 Aug 2015 02:37:17 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32750
http://www.inreachdelorme.com
I bought the in touch se emergency locator beacon.
I considered alot of other options before settling on it.
Some of the other options were other ELBs, flare guns, a hacked ham radio.

The ham radio was the most interesting was the most interesting one. You use a device that lets the hand ham transmit and receive data to a repeater tower that then daisy chains it u ntill it reaches a person who has their bam tied to the internet.
The downside is that if im out of range of a repeater tower the message goes nowhere. And all of my data is unencrypted and limited to 12 bps.
There is a slightly different way than the above me tho that lets your ham talk to satalites. But only a small hand full of sats allow this and im limited to about a 15-20 min window of broadcasting time a day. But allows a much higher band with. But its not practical for emergencies. And it would involve learning satalites flight paths in advanced, its to complicated.

Im also 3d printing some self defence weapons once my room mate fixes his printer.

Any questions any one has I'd be happy to answer.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Wed, 19 Aug 2015 02:39:53 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32757 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32756
Sorry fr the typos again. I typed this on my phone.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Tue, 25 Aug 2015 05:28:10 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32780 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32757
I tried requesting a few couches on couchsurfing.com but every one told me it was to far away (October) to say if they could host me.

What do you guys think an acceptable amount of time in advanced to ask for a host?
>>
A Wizard - Tue, 25 Aug 2015 12:17:19 EST ID:HAP4xS36 No.32781 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32780

Seriously? Don't rely on couchsurfing. Why can't you set up shelter along the path, or stay in the same inn you ate and drank at? Hawk wares to the small villages that don't get tourists often. They will have the food you need while on the trail, at prices you can afford, and will love listening to stories.

Also, don't try your randi shit on the travelers or you might get beaten and robbed, shanked if they're roma. (I like those people, lol.) And check the post on tradeables below.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Wed, 26 Aug 2015 03:34:02 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32782 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1440574442670.jpg -(104269B / 101.83KB, 295x340) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>32781
I've got tent and a hammock. I'm not just relying on couch surfing. I'm gonna be wwoofing mainly. I just wanted to check out Milan for a few days before I head out to a farm. And hostels in Milan are expensive. Most hostel also don't only want some one to work a week. They want people for a few months. And from what I've been reading, a tourist with a bag full of gear being homeless in that city is a huge target. If I can't sleep indoors then I can't stay in the city for more than maybe 2 days since I'd only be able to take naps here and there.

>Don't try that randi shit.
Yes I'm totally gonna be preaching Nietzsche ideals and extolling a fedora tipping lifestyle on passing strangers.
>NOT
Really man it's like you didn't even read the thread. Just the most recent post.
>>
A Wizard - Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:32:13 EST ID:HAP4xS36 No.32783 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32782

I act like I do here in person.... more flamboyantly so in fact, most of the time...
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Sat, 05 Sep 2015 17:23:31 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32846 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just paid my wwoofing membership fee. I wanted to wait till closer to my departure to pay so I didn't essentially waste 2 months of membership time.

Just waiting for them to update my account so i can look at farms. I'm thinking either near milan or venice to start out wwoofing.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Mon, 07 Sep 2015 01:16:45 EST ID:xB6MsBOD No.32851 Ignore Report Quick Reply
UUUghhhh freaking out, my pass port is 5 days late.
>>
A Wizard - Tue, 08 Sep 2015 01:59:56 EST ID:HAP4xS36 No.32855 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32851

Should've checked the stars. Bad timing man.
>>
James Mother Fucking Randi !lwriJ94kMg - Tue, 08 Sep 2015 10:47:15 EST ID:IKBmj2Ph No.32859 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>32855
Got the pass port. Mail mix up.
>>
Augt to do it - Thu, 04 Aug 2016 08:04:01 EST ID:DPHRxIwq No.34134 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1470312241333.jpg -(69074B / 67.46KB, 800x463) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Be Financially Independent and Retired Early (FIRE). Then you can travel as much as you want. Just watch your budget.
>>
Barnaby Clagglebanks - Sat, 13 May 2017 20:38:29 EST ID:FVvEeN+k No.35129 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1494722309699.jpg -(46936B / 45.84KB, 579x457) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So whatever happened to the OP? He get raped by mudslimes? Turned into a tweaker? Zombies? What happened?
>>
Charles Sackleham - Sat, 13 May 2017 21:47:42 EST ID:70Ybgb7U No.35130 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I like to travel too.
>>
Caroline Morringshaw - Sun, 14 May 2017 01:57:57 EST ID:h3e5lLpA No.35131 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35130
where you been/where you at/where you goin?
>>
James randi - Sun, 14 May 2017 13:44:26 EST ID:GZnuL+ye No.35134 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35131
I made a massive on going thread about it.
>>
Samuel Bobblegold - Sun, 14 May 2017 14:18:17 EST ID:S1umrfRw No.35135 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35134
You're not Charles, you're OP

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.