420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Auto repair fuckups? by Archie Honeybanks - Mon, 09 Oct 2017 20:03:40 EST ID:srjy6UNX No.35482 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1507593820954.jpg -(73829B / 72.10KB, 590x378) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 73829
I'm currently dealing with a pretty big fuckup, not even my fault really. The guy who sold me the part has absolutely no excuse to have not known better and its causing me one hell of a headache.

I'm hoping some others can share stories of times they fucked up through their own, or someone else's fault, to make me feel better. Maybe I'll even give you my story if yours make mine look not so bad.
>>
Shitting Nicklehood - Tue, 10 Oct 2017 00:44:53 EST ID:rcRfq9Gr No.35483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35482
>Buy vehicle. 1 week after buying it, a slab of bondo cracks and the entire floorboard falls out from under my feet.

Now post your story you faggot.
>>
Molly Fibblewell - Tue, 10 Oct 2017 04:45:52 EST ID:d8xJpE0C No.35484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507625152636.jpg -(79608B / 77.74KB, 575x431) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I managed to tighten a bolt onto a frame such that the fuel pump power line was grounded out. I figured out what I had done after a while. What I didn't figure out was that it blew the main fuse. I should have checked that early on, but instead I went on a wild goose chase through a lot of the electrical system.

I tried to do an alignment using the string method. It being my first time I didn't realize that the steering wheel needed to be secured. I aligned one wheel and then the other and took it on a drive around the parking lot. The damn thing was all over the place, almost impossible to control. I parked it and looked, the wheels were a good 30 deg. out.

Someone gave me a car in high school. It was parked uphill in the driveway. I decided to take it for a quick run around the block to see how it was. I turned the wheel and backed up to face downhill, causing a torrent of rotten shit and water poured out of the roof and on to my head and lap. It smelled like what would happen if you left a dead frog in a jar of water for a month and then poured it on your head.

I used to carry around a truck battery in the passenger foot well of a tiny, shitty car. The battery was garbage and needed boosting on a regular basis.
>>
Nigel Gabblebury - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:29:10 EST ID:Q9BBgcs6 No.35488 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35484

im confused about the shitty water story

was it a moon roof or something?
>>
Cornelius Craddlehon - Sat, 21 Oct 2017 18:48:06 EST ID:l2OcJxl+ No.35492 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35488
Oh yeah, I didn't mention that it had a fucked-up sunroof.
>>
Caroline Dobblesidging - Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:16:06 EST ID:h1xJSgFz No.35494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Alright, two come to mind.

Was doing a rear brake replacement on drums and rotors. The springs where horrifying to get on and off and it took me two days. I had one side and my friend had the other. He adjusted the star wheel on his side, and I did mine. Bout a week later I'm hearing a grinding noise on the side he did. I dealt with it for a while cause I no longer felt like fucking with it. Eventually the car was no longer safe to drive due to a lack of rear brakes. When I finally had a look at his side, the entire assembly was in pieces and basically all the rear drum brake parts were just mangled and tumbling around in there.

The second one is on the same car. Gas pump keeps stopping, something is wrong with the fuel carbon filter. I went to replace the vapor vent valve, as is commonly prescribed. Broke a bolt, the carbon filter harness crumbled into rust and metal, bent some slotted fast stock and zip tied it to the frame to hold the fucker up after replacing the vapor vent valve. Takes too much effort and too much time. Go to fuel up after the fix, shit is still fucked. Day well spent.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.