420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
i wanna drive bls by Jack Sirrytan - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:21:50 EST ID:2Vu0i8Ki No.35529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1510266110877.jpg -(39490B / 38.56KB, 450x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 39490
Where does one even learn to drive? How do I read the signs? Any books or online articles I can read? Any tips? Thanks!!!
>>
Ian Honeyshit - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:36:13 EST ID:JEGdRlC1 No.35530 Ignore Report Quick Reply
dotted line means come on over
solid line means dont tread on me
yellow line means zoomy both ways
white line means one way of zoomy
green mean go
yellow mean FLOOR IT RED IS COMIN
red mean look for cops before you go
blinkers is for fags
>>
Barnaby Sacklemedging - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:12:08 EST ID:jRu9dOQp No.35531 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35530
He didn't say we wanted to learn to drive a BMW.
>>
Barnaby Bliblingstod - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 03:34:53 EST ID:+lx66LTj No.35532 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510302893836.jpg -(20264B / 19.79KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>35529

There's probably a driver's manual available wherever you are at. There tends to be a lot of procedural stuff in there, exactly what's supposed to happen at a 4-way-stop, what to do at a one lane bridge, the like.

Driving school might be a good idea for you. Check what's available, price, reputation, possible reductions on your insurance.
>>
Archie Pollerwodge - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:00:01 EST ID:JEGdRlC1 No.35533 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510365601322.gif -(3037503B / 2.90MB, 290x189) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>35531

my fuckin man.
>>
David Cloddlewill - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:42:03 EST ID:oO/Ttcp/ No.35543 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>35529
>Where does one even learn to drive?
Driving schools are mandatory in my country (for now), but even if they're not mandatory in yours, i'd take it.
Not only will you be sure you're up to accepted standards, but you're pretty sure that you don't pick up bad habits from your dad/mom/spouse/whoever

As >>35532 mentions, they may also give some insurance benefits and additional options.
If you live far from nearest town/city, i'd grab trailer driving lessons as well.
If you live in a cold area with risk of lots of ice and snow, i'd strongly suggest you take a winter or ice driving safety course as well.

>How do I read the signs?
You'll learn that in the theoretical part of the driving lessons or from the book. The primary ones you need to concentrate on are speed limits and the signs that indicate the state of the road up ahead (like eg. a roadworks, yield or narrowing road sign) or localized rules (eg. a "one way" sign).
A few signs also help with gauging sharp corners etc.

Training with simulation-oriented racing games (eg. Gran Tourismo) helped me to learn to pick up signs and cues. On a race track there is also signage that helps you gaugewhen to brake and turn.

>Any books or online articles I can read?
You'll likely be given a training book or manual as part of your lessons.
On the other hand, there's not really any good books on the subject, but a lot of different driving simulators have cropped up here and there. A few are all-in-one games, while others focus on one area (eg. parking or naviagtion)

>Any tips?
I suggest reading into basic car maintenance and emergency procedures as well. (optionally take a first-aid course once every few years, which can also have job-related benefits)
I also suggest you study the car manual well and learn how to read the service list (this will help you against nasty surprises when buying a used car).
Being able to switch your own lightbulbs and refill the various fluids on your own can save you a lot of money down the road.
Women, elderly people, Audi and BMW drivers are good at showing you how NOT to drive in traffic. The same goes for most C-level workers out there. Especially study anyone that are mismatched with their vehicle (like an itty-bitty lady in a HUGE SUV)
Never drive with a handheld cellphone! Multitasking is a muscle that grows weaker with use!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.