420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
REALLY don't wanna pol it up-- but wanna make a bet? by David Pickstone - Tue, 05 Dec 2017 04:00:53 EST ID:4qjyzZkN No.37364 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1512464453196.jpg -(75078B / 73.32KB, 781x1053) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 75078
Let's make a bet-- on America. C'mon you over-opinionated sons of bitches, what do you think of America long term? Is it a dying beast? A temporarily disgraced giant? A lion brave enough to face it's enemies? A increasingly focused paragon of traditionalism and truth? What do you think of America 5-10 years down the line? There's so much bullshit going on, it's hard for anyone to say and frankly everyone has got a different view. So what's yours? I really don't want this to become a troll thread, if so I'd rather see it deleted honestly. But this question is an interesting one I think and fear of trolls shouldn't stop discussion
>>
Isabella Honderpot - Tue, 05 Dec 2017 23:37:08 EST ID:yvg2ILiJ No.37367 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Maybe if you didn't phrase your question in such an obviously /pol/ bait way it wouldn't be inevitably destroyed? Even recasting the question as being about the West in general rather than America in particular would avoid some of the knee-jerk insanity. Luckily this board is probably dead enough, but still, you seem to be aware that this is asking for trouble but are still doing it. Anyway...

>>what do you think of America long term?
As the linchpin of the current global world order, its downfall will hasten the emergence of the new system. The same happened with Britain's imperial world order, Spain's colonial world order, Rome's hellenistic world order, etc. There will probably always be vaguely identifiable American people as long as there are humans, but as a nation-state, like all nation-states, it probably won't survive the transition to a post-singularity condition.

>> Is it a dying beast?
All beasts are dying. It's just dying faster than it thinks it is, which is a fatal flaw.

>>A temporarily disgraced giant?
Well, all disgrace is temporary. People forget shit pretty much immediately. Now, will it ever return to its apogee of power? No, how could it? That would require a new dark age. However, the current shame associated with it will dissipate pretty much as soon as it is clearly no longer in power.

>>A lion brave enough to face it's enemies?
No, not really. American courage is a mostly false courage, the willingness to face servitude and death out of the abject fear of facing the uncertainty of self-discovery and self-awareness. Luckily, its 'enemies' are mostly shadow-puppets of its own design.

>>A increasingly focused paragon of traditionalism and truth?
lol, good one.
In all seriousness, there is some tiny kernel of a good idea in the whole grand concept of the American experiment. It is buried under about a trillion tons of dead natives, big mac wrappers, tomahawk missiles and discarded petrodollars, unfortunately.

>>What do you think of America 5-10 years down the line?
Increasingly unable to adapt to the inevitable changes of technology. America isn't really a finesse player, but a die-hard fanatic. When things start to go wrong, Americans are more likely to step on the gas than hit the brakes. It's a game of chicken between a bicycle of false bravado and a bulldozer of cold, hard, scientific inevitability. Who do you think is going to win?
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:15:33 EST ID:T9f3B5Mv No.37371 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Seems just like a sesspool of overly sensitive and reactive people who care too much and care about the wrong things at that. Focusing too much on words and not their context or mraning. Never wanting to listen and only wanting to be heard. Constantly insecure and seeking validation from others. Constantly scared of unknown things or new things or different things or ideas. Short sighted, only focusing on short term gain. Too worried about what others are doing and what others believe instead of themselves. All that plus the polititians and representatives to reflect it, which they complain about constantly. Complaining constantly yet always voting against their own interests then complaining more.

America is a fucking teenager.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:20:32 EST ID:h51remMx No.37373 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37372
>>37371
I mean like it's gonna grow up to be a contrarian towards everything. I experience it all the time when trying to talk about futurism with people. It's alwas "that's fucking crazy" and "that's takinging the humanity out of everything" so the future of america is probably a constant dystopian civil war or some sort of cold civil war with more than just two factions.

It's a perpetual teenager yelling at the olser generation abd the authority figures constantly getting worse, too.
>>
Esther Blackstone - Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:31:21 EST ID:kOf8WJOA No.37378 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1513355481337.jpg -(138319B / 135.08KB, 970x545) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I would love to see america's fall, either getting invaded/nuked by china or simply getting eaten from the inside by civil war. If karma is real then america should be the next 3rd world country getting raped and stripped of resources by other countries for hundreds of years. Women would be sold in the sex traffic industry around the world while the american men would mow lawns in mexican upper class neighborhoods.
>>
Emma Tillingcocke - Sat, 16 Dec 2017 05:38:41 EST ID:GRZeG0dx No.37379 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there is a civil war in the future with how heated everything is getting. People tell me there isn't much chance of this happening and it would be rather hard with the current landscape... but jesus it feels like there an increasing number of violent angry assholes who want it, regardless.

I realize that theres a good chance this will be nothing more than a bunch of angry radicals fighting each other at protests and events, but I look at people who I've known in my life, and I've seen how they went from decent people to downright nasty people as politics took more precedence in their lives. I think groups like the people at Fox News want to radicalize and control people this way, they definitely changed my mother, at times I don't recognize her anymore.

It feels like anger is getting more prevalent, and people see people on opposing sides as less human as time goes on. it wont happen in 2018, hell it might not happen in 2020, but if things stay the way they are, theres a good chance it will happen in the next 10 years.
>>
Caroline Trotworth - Thu, 21 Dec 2017 16:47:33 EST ID:5sWvxP2J No.37381 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>REALLY don't wanna pol it up but-
>immediately turns into anti-american wankfest
>guy goes on about his race fetish sex slave fantasies
>no meaningful discussion about the fall of america
every board on this site has gotten way less interesting in the past few years in particular, though I suppose I could say that of the entire internet.
>>
Simon Blangerford - Mon, 25 Dec 2017 22:41:56 EST ID:0NtRfFLg No.37383 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>37373
>takinging the humanity out of everything
These sorts of things should be replied to with a question about their levels of concern that we took the Australopithecus-ity out of everything.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.