Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Chaarrrrginn mah laaazzzeeer by Matilda Mittingforth - Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:07:17 EST ID:xnmW28Zy No.37458 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1530050837933.jpg -(11103B / 10.84KB, 415x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 11103
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180618113022.htm
>>Researchers have found a way to convert nanoparticle-coated microscopic beads into lasers smaller than red blood cells. These microlasers, which convert infrared light into light at higher frequencies, are among the smallest continuously emitting lasers of their kind ever reported and can constantly and stably emit light for hours at a time, even when submerged in biological fluids such as blood serum.

Small enough to excite individual neurons, which is one of the main use cases. This is actually a huge breakthrough and I'm surprised it's not getting more coverage in the science press. The ability to electrically measure or excite an individual cell is a game changer.

In other miniaturization news, did you know there is now a desktop sized particle accelerator in operation? Think of the possibilities hand-held particle accelerators would unlock. Who will win the race to emit the most micronized beams of radiation directly into your soft fleshy "human" tissues?
>>
Ebenezer Cremmledock - Mon, 02 Jul 2018 19:28:37 EST ID:Lm1OYw7O No.37460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Oh you adorable precious cuteling you didn't
thank you so much
>>
Sea Lioness !!Bwteoy2D - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 13:12:54 EST ID:bm6iwg0z No.37464 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531415574481.jpg -(28689B / 28.02KB, 450x337) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Who will win
When did it become a race? Anyway I think it'll be the sexiest and most well funded government institutions that'll be on the forefront in this. Call it a hunch. I just don't see academia having the approval or 'aggressiveness' for human trials? But what do I know?

also
>little hardon collider

So OP what now? Where should the technology be heading? Personally if I were these people I would be using these little lasers to inject codes directly into the brain- imagine having a supercomputer directly interface at the speed of thought for instance. Think of the use cases on that one. If you were able to read patterns of neurons as well... read/write capability
>>
Emma Lightman - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 22:53:16 EST ID:xnmW28Zy No.37465 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531450396041.jpg -(16983B / 16.58KB, 340x270) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37464
>>When did it become a race?
I guess by 'who' I really mean 'what' as in what technology. Plus I had to spice up my intro somehow...

>> Where should the technology be heading?
Good questions, I think the brain programming avenue is definitely one they are already looking into (even with conventional laser solutions) so those projects may get a boost from this.

I think you could go even farther if you applied this tech smartly, and it would require two other elements; similarly sized microcameras and wireless transmitters. If you created a solution of these three elements (after proving of course that they are biologically safe) and consumed them, allowing them to naturally infiltrate the body's tissues through the circulatory system, there would be so many of them that you could create a visible light map of the interior of the body by bouncing signals back and forth between them, by using algorthimic signal mapping and mesh computing. If you could get these guys to excite light beyond the visible spectrum, you could get a level of full-body imaging, without surgical invasion, that could truly unlock some final frontiers in medicine.

I recall reading a couple years back about a method of tumor ablasion in deep tissue without surgery by using several low-energy beings and carefully pinpointing a specific point of convergence between them. If you could get the laser frequency high enough between a mesh network of these lasers, you could apply pin point cellular ablasion, to kill tumors, clean up debris, electrically excite individual cells...the possibilities are endless.
>>
Emma Lightman - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 22:57:18 EST ID:xnmW28Zy No.37466 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531450638041.gif -(1924708B / 1.84MB, 388x282) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37465
Low energy beams* not beings...Q wasn't making an appearance. nb

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.