420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Weed and Schozo by Walter Honeystock - Fri, 27 Jan 2017 22:45:39 EST ID:LR33U1WT No.4877681 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1485575139649.png -(628006B / 613.29KB, 1366x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 628006
I've got a family history of schizophrenia. It made me nervous when i started smoking because my mom told me weed could give you schizo. Its been years and ive been fine. I did read the other day though that schizophrenia makes people who have it and those who are genetically predisposed to develop it experience the effects of thc and hallucinogenics much more intensely. I have to say this has been my experience. My tollerance is still just as low as the first time i smoked and my friends are always jealous because i stay high for hours upon hours after smoking once that day.

Dae have schizo or family history of genetic predisposition for it? If yes, do you also have a permalow tolerance?
>>
Phineas Beppermutch - Fri, 27 Jan 2017 23:16:45 EST ID:fhmJviZh No.4877684 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Since the 1960's, cannabis use in the population has spiked. There has not been even a correlated spike in schizophrenia rates. As far as I know, that conventional "wisdom" comes from the fact that most schizophrenics use street drugs, generally including weed. I've taken Abnormal Psych classes and never heard it proven beyond that (which is pretty shallow "proof").
>>
Smokey Mcbongwater - Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:54:22 EST ID:/HVHKkLm No.4877782 Ignore Report Quick Reply
be careful - weed has a way of sneaking up on you after years of apparently problem-free use. in general, from my observations, i'd say there's about a 7-10 year honeymoon phase before it can really cause problems in your life (and health).

a lot of stoners i know who started around 15ish started having problems around 25ish. it might not be full blown schizophrenia but anxiety problems, paranoia, social withdrawal, lack of self-care, delusional thoughts, etc. basically when you smoke weed erryday it's very easy to become susceptible to... unusual thoughts... that become obsessions strengthened by the continued use. i know someone absolutely riddled with anxiety whether he smokes or detoxes it all out of his system, and he really has no valid reason to be anxious, it's just his fucked up brain and, i assume to some extent, his lack of self-development over the years. that's another thing, at first weed can open you up to new worlds and feelings and help you grow as a person, but if you get stuck in a rut it also helps cement you in permafried stagnation and every hit thereafter just pushes you further into the quicksand of the cannabyss.

there's a reason it's called "the deceptive weed". if i can offer any truly good lasting advice to op, it would be to always remain skeptical of cannabis, don't ever give yourself up to it entirely (becoming a weed obsessed type); maintain some distance from it all the time, try and distinguish what's you and yours vs what's you+weed if you know what i mean. it's my friends who gave themselves to cannabis who became its victims, imo.
>>
Connor Brapsack - Thu, 09 Feb 2017 23:06:43 EST ID:m/M3SCuJ No.4878692 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1486699603395.gif -(717680B / 700.86KB, 736x547) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4877684
this

>>4877782
this too
>>
Reuben Worthinggold - Thu, 09 Feb 2017 23:18:30 EST ID:7LO3Qjt2 No.4878695 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4877681
High psychologist here.

Rest assured, the correlation between schizophrenia and onset of schizophrenia is nothing to worry about. Personally, the only studies I've read SUGGEST that it may increase onset if one begins smoking from a very young age yet they all state that nothing is conclusive and ALWAYS advise more studies.

Tl;dr keep smoking
>>
Betsy Chonkinwock - Fri, 10 Feb 2017 01:31:35 EST ID:cBiN1Es3 No.4878703 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah same. Though I'm not officially diagnosed I susupet, and my uncle is schizophrenic.

I stay away from high THC weed because of it because I will literally trip off my ass if I'm not careful. The "trips" I've had with weed have been way more intense than anything I've ever experienced with acid or shrooms.

High CBD weed or pure CBD on the other hand helps my psychotic symptoms and is what I mainly smoke or mix with higher-THC bud.
>>
Indo indican - Fri, 10 Feb 2017 06:02:27 EST ID:rvnKUFMn No.4878714 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4877782

I just made a post about it but...I think I'm hitting that window. Weed is starting to turn on me. For many, many nights I smoked up as I normally would - and yet - so many horrifying thoughts crept into my mind and tore me apart. Every time I smoked I would question "WHO AM I?" I have become that disassociated. It's really quite frightening.

I've taken my distance. I really don't smoke as much as I used to, and I go for much weaker strains. Sobriety is truly an interesting drug all its own.
>>
Bob Blunton - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 01:42:11 EST ID:NLp/r8Iz No.4878926 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1486968131753.webm [mp4] -(3771738B / 3.60MB, 800x422) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Ya I would say I have some mild schizo symptoms, I have had very intense headspaces, c./o.e.v.'s with high amounts. Relatively small acid doses take me for a ride too.
My tolerance is pretty similar too. You makin some sense op
>>
Mike Hunt - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 02:21:39 EST ID:2CHPL/EI No.4878928 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have a predisposition to schizophrenia and can attest to weed getting me a little too high. I used to only get general paranoia on it and think other people would harass me for being stoned/cops would break my door down etc, now its changed to actual full fledged delusions relating to life events having significance they don't actually have and getting persecutory delusions so severe I get panic attacks or go in the other direction and get anger outbursts thinking unfair judgement is being passed on me.

I have had to quit weed because the lingering psychotic thinking started seeping into my sober state and not just for the duration of the high. It sucks because I could handle getting baked and thinking crazy shit if it was just for a few hours every so often, but not for days after the high ends. I actually quite enjoyed my weed highs despite the delusions, I have no base to go back to now though so every time I smoke up I go farther into my psychosis and I don't want to go completely over the edge and end up in the looney bin.
I can't say weed caused my psychosis as I probably would have ended up this way regardless, it just expedited the process.
>>
Newton Hashingtong - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 04:57:44 EST ID:gPyoxa9o No.4878936 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878714
What type of horrible thoughts, if I may ask?

I used to get the "who am I" thoughts, but I think that was mainly down to the fact that I used to smoke alone in a time where I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted to be in life or where I was going.
>>
smoke weed every day - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 05:11:08 EST ID:3ooYdtKC No.4878937 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878714
sounds like an average case of existential dread
>>
Brad Cunnilingus - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 05:12:39 EST ID:M35Vl108 No.4878938 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878936
yeh ive had this kind of aniexty. which is why i try to smoke socially and not alone. ive had breakdowns and psychosis stuff years ago and now i want . to focus on working and gym training etc. its good to have tolerance breaks. with anything , booze/gambling/coke. Do medidation +make sure you dont isolate from friends and family
>>
Silas Skullfuck - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:03:45 EST ID:Eo9+2Bdg No.4878945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm schizophrenic and I've been smoking for years. Their were a few times where I'd get myself into a bad situation when I'm high and id get irate and overly pissed off to the point where sometimes I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown right then and there. But, the reason for that is because my life was shit back then and I hated myself. Now, years later my life is awesome and the weed helps me in so many positive ways that makes my life better.
>>
James Gellystock - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:43:08 EST ID:uPJBFy61 No.4878962 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4877681
I have schizophrenia, its honestly reefer madness type hysteria to think youre going to lose your sanity from smoking weed, or doing any drug, ever. Ive smoked since I was 14, 7 years. It actually helps a lot of the time, it gave me the perspective to observe abnormalities in my behavior and to correct them. I dont know what other peoples lives are like but I dont hear shit or see things unless Im trying to.. and I dont really try to, its so easy to ignore it. Honestly Id say most people with extreme schizophrenia are only in bad shape because nobody tried to help them, they only wanted to drug them up and exacerbate the problem. I dont take meds
>>
James Gellystock - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:48:22 EST ID:uPJBFy61 No.4878963 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4877782
this happens to people who sit alone all day with their head in the clouds. its not really the weed its what youre doing..

>>4878938
psychosis is basically a temper tantrum. there is no such thing as a PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAK. thats all bullshit

nobody just LOSES THEIR MIND and GOES ON A KILLING SPREE because they LØST THEIR MIND and had a PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAK IT WASNT THEIR FAULT

really mental illness is nonsense, its just like the reefer madness bullshit. people are afraid of it for no reason. theres no difference between sane and insane, youve all seen too many movies. people who get really fucked up rarely ever did it alone, people get tortured and drugged and abused and have their minds fucked with and end up disabled. it doesnt just happen. life is weird, weed deprograms our cultural conditioning. our upbringing. things we never question.. life is weird, everything we do is weird. but the frequency of brain activity society mostly runs on allows us to really connect to our way of life and operate within it and regard it as normal. its sort of like walls for the mind.. dont be afraid to be insane. youre not gonna be in a white coat in a padded cell talking out loud to yourself. thats all bullshit really, it does happen but it doesnt happen organically, to say the least.
>>
Grizzly Brownball - Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:12:14 EST ID:PLYkChpG No.4878971 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878963
> theres no difference between sane and insane
Tell that to people who experience hallucinations so vivid on a daily basis that they are unable to function, or paranoid schizophrenics who become absolutely convinced their family is trying to kill them for no reason, or people with dementia who wake up every morning and have to have a nurse remind them who they are and what their name is.
tl;dr that was probably one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on this board lol
>>
Samuel Dumblefock - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 01:10:30 EST ID:2CHPL/EI No.4878991 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487052630737.jpg -(436663B / 426.43KB, 1088x1060) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4878971

Lmao, ikr?! There's no difference between sane and insane until there is.

>>4878963

You say mental illness is nonsense then go on to say people who get fucked up rarely ever did it alone so which is it? Insanity still exists no matter what caused it. What came first the chicken or the egg? There's definitely some marked differences in the brain of the mentally ill, but whether those differences came as a result of those afflicted individuals reacting to environmental stressors in an abnormal way or whether their brain chemistry was already structured to react in an abnormal way to begin with hasn't been determined as far as I know.

I tend to believe myself that there is always a traumatic event or repeated stressors that drive someone over the edge into psychosis. Powerful drug experiences can be one of those stressors, so can being emotionally or physically abused, etc. This is just a theory but I think for some people certain life experiences can be so jarring and their emotional response so deep that insanity is a sort of defense mechanism to distract them from that trauma. The problem is the experience of insanity is a degree above the original stressing incident and the mind can't seem to return to equilibrium once it sets off into a fantasy world and it becomes an all encompassing and factual new reality for the afflicted person.
>>
Ignation - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:35:07 EST ID:8ESD4x93 No.4879033 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487115307421.png -(196661B / 192.05KB, 500x474) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4878991
I like your comment.
>>
Thomas Cummernun - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:39:23 EST ID:eK+bgCv4 No.4879040 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878962

Do enough acid or MDMA over time and you'll never be the same
>>
Thomas Cummernun - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:39:23 EST ID:eK+bgCv4 No.4879041 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878962

Do enough acid or MDMA over time and you'll never be the same
>>
Mavis Fudgecurl - Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:48:43 EST ID:xbL/ONjs No.4879042 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878962
>its honestly reefer madness type hysteria to think youre going to lose your sanity from smoking weed, or doing any drug, ever.

this is totally untrue though. the damage might not be permanent but as someone who did too much acid i can tell you drugs will make you crazy.
>>
Graham Shakecocke - Wed, 15 Feb 2017 10:31:08 EST ID:R/rXsDiJ No.4879079 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878926
I feel I am that way too, I get way too fucked up on weed and psychedelics hit me way too hard, If I have a sober period I can usually get out of it but very weird actions and thoughts come from the drugs
>>
NewfagMan - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 15:18:53 EST ID:jKjHOXwd No.4881713 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878926
>c./o.e.v.
???
>>
Shitting Shittingman - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 15:50:59 EST ID:AP0aXO0r No.4881717 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Always blows my mind when people know they have a family history of mental illness and all the signs are there, yet they smoke and take other drugs anyway. Schizophrenia tends to show itself in your mid to late twenties if you're predisposed to it. I hope you still think all those nights smoking weed, jerking off and eating Doritos were worth it when you start becoming paranoid that the mailman is spying on you OP.
>>
Archie Nonningville - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:32:56 EST ID:R/rXsDiJ No.4881719 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4879079
I can't recall if it was me that made this post, is that bad?
>>
Phoebe Sozzlestodge - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:32:04 EST ID:uPJBFy61 No.4881723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
dose some DXM before the weed. i have schizophrenia, weed used to sit real well with me.. now it kind of freaks me out unless i take dxm first. dxm is a dissociative and for some reason it cures my schizophrenia in medium doses. i usually take 150 mg a day, it also cures ptsd and plenty of other things.. its crazy. nobodys telling you to drink cough syrup, you can find pure dxm capsules very cheap at dollar tree
>>
Abner Grovile - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 02:54:25 EST ID:DkBNHE5h No.4881752 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881713
Closed/Open Eye Visuals.
nb
>>
Barnaby Lotawitz - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:32:00 EST ID:XTNUpxG9 No.4881770 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881723

Don't turn into /dis/girl.

https://youtu.be/CY1qJPRR2xs

She's fucked her self with DXM.
>>
Buzz Killington - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:27:35 EST ID:uPJBFy61 No.4881794 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881770
lol. thats like reefer madness, or people on acid jumping out windows thinking they can fly. it doesnt happen in reality
>>
Barnaby Lotawitz - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 18:38:29 EST ID:XTNUpxG9 No.4881795 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881794

I think it has more to do with her living on DXM, day-in day-out for years, while being schizo. So she has no reference to what's real anymore. A few months clean, and she would probably come back down to level.
>>
Eliza Pimbledale - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:59:10 EST ID:fZI6BZaC No.4881851 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881795
>schizo
>come back down to level

hahahha, no. psychosis is one of those things you don't come back from, even if you only ever have one episode in your entire life you're changed for life. the more episodes you have the more decline happens and the more likely you are to have more episodes. some pppl manage to recover but only after years of struggle and redefining their boundaries.
>>
Eliza Pimbledale - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:02:54 EST ID:fZI6BZaC No.4881852 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4878963

Psychotic people don't go on killing sprees you monkey, that's an old wives tale. Psychotic people are introverts, they don't give a fuck about you.

>you've seen too many movies

Glass houses and stones.
>>
Eliza Gillerture - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:31:38 EST ID:O2hS2711 No.4881914 Ignore Report Quick Reply
People often say that cannabis won't negatively effect you unless you have an underlying mental disorder. But what if there are no disorders that run in your family? What if YOU are the first one? Someone in your family had to be the first to get whatever they got. Just because mental disorders don't run in your family doesnt mean you cant suffer from one as a result of heavy substance abuse.
>>
Man Davushka - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:09:59 EST ID:SlGoIgKN No.4881915 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881914

lol you idiot. Learn to genetics and mutations
>>
Rumple Foreskin - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:49:02 EST ID:PS54nmhB No.4881919 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My mom is schizo and i smoke weed and i dont think its that bad
>>
Augustus Hubberweg - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:39:29 EST ID:v17rl6gt No.4881926 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881915
he's not an idiot, why do you think what he's saying makes no sense?
if you take a substance daily in large amounts that alters your perception and mood, how can you say there's no possibility you will disconnect from reality and develop mental issues?
Always take a few days sober, if you think somethings not right stop smoking, plain and simple.
>>
Jarvis Nebblefeck - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:43:47 EST ID:dy2RKurX No.4881927 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881926
Yeah, if you think shit is getting fucky, you shouldn't smoke. Be on the safe side.

That said...

First off, nobody, nowhere, and nohow, has any REAL idea how schizophrenia happens. We know there is a genetic component, but even then, first degree relatives of people with schizophrenia only have a 10% chance of developing it themselves. Now, that is REALLY high for schizophrenia...it is a rare thing after all. But, it also means a lot of people have the gene and still don't get it. We really have no clue on cause. We are just scratching the surface in that area.

Secondly, smoking weed may be a symptom of mental illness, not a cause. Schizophrenics often drink and use drugs and it is considered a symptom. That means, the use of weed might not be the trigger, but the first sign of the disease.

Yeah...getting almost philosophical on that one.

Thirdly, everyone experiences weed differently. And we all have different tolerances and metabolisms. OP may just have a body that processes weed in a way that he just about trips balls each time. Which is kinda cool since I need a T-Break and would love to "rediscover," the fun you can get with (for me,) high doses. I'm jelly. Anyhow, point is, everyone is different. OP shouldn't worry too much and smoke more weed erry day.
>>
Livington Fuckwiggle - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:52:17 EST ID:2fWZiRbm No.4881929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
hi there. schizo here but not as bad as i used to be. i found that the bad period for me was during my sade sati shani 7.5 year saturn transit (vedic astrology). During that time, weed really did make me go crazy and get into some trouble sometimes. Now that the planetary transits are better for me, I am able to smoke.
>>
John Bankinmure - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:53:54 EST ID:uPJBFy61 No.4881930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881927

very true.
>>
Brooke Elitingston - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:09:34 EST ID:sKaBjyO7 No.4881941 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490224174432.jpg -(949583B / 927.33KB, 2560x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4877681
This is a really interesting theory.
I have history of schizophrenia in my family. On my mom's side, about 50% of family members have it.
So far I'm totally fine. I've done plenty of acid, mushrooms, alphabet drugs and smoked loads of weed. I definitely cut back a lot after I was done being young and dumb and using drugs to party.
I still smoke weed regularly and eat mushrooms every now and then.
I'd say I am definitely a lightweight when it comes to psychs.
A friend of mine, same age weight and gender as me, who was on antidepressants would have to take twice my dose to feel what I felt
>>
Harmonious Fartingstor - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:20:35 EST ID:QT4fePE5 No.4881944 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490224835460.webm [mp4] -(4355415B / 4.15MB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4881929
>>
Jarvis Nebblefeck - Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:27:27 EST ID:dy2RKurX No.4881947 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4881941
>A friend of mine, same age weight and gender as me, who was on antidepressants would have to take twice my dose to feel what I felt

That literally could be a result of the antidepressant. Abilify in particular has a rep for this. I mean, I guess if you needed to survive a heroic dose of LSD for some weird reason, this is the stuff to be on, but otherwise I swear that shit is just a plot by the Psy Cartels to increase flagging sales.
>>
Anthony Crabs - Thu, 23 Mar 2017 09:18:22 EST ID:aaUD0qcv No.4881997 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490275102760.jpg -(125631B / 122.69KB, 569x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
psychfag here

I haven't read the entirety of this thread but it makes me butthurt when people claim weed causes schizophrenia, show no understanding of the psychopathology, and then submit articles that claim within the lack of conclusive evidence overall which defeats their entire argument.

I simply don't understand, friends. /endrant
>>
Martha Spitroast - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 05:49:14 EST ID:/zmxQIVm No.4882073 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My mom always said that bipolar and schizo ran in her side of the family. Growing up my parents thought I had aspergers. I'm pretty sure that I'm just a normal human being, and that a lot of these diseases are social conflations i.e. not as many people have them as is diagnosed or claimed. Like the whole autism thing - 1 in 30 or something like that is the stat these days? I'm sorry, but when it's that common you are probably just too stupid to realize that ways of communicating in a culture change and you're old.
>>
Martha Spitroast - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 05:50:56 EST ID:/zmxQIVm No.4882074 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4882073
Besides I've been doing loads of drugs since I was like 18 and have not run into any problems. I mean when I was 18 I had some severe depression and was hearing some shit, but that was just high stress, you know? I learned to manage my stress and anxiety, I use drugs less now but with more intention..I'm older, I know better.

It's gonna be okay mom and dad. I'm not crazy. Yet.
>>
Ass Kicker - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:55:53 EST ID:rpm7DBJX No.4882108 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490392553804.jpg -(57942B / 56.58KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
"(insert name of drug here) causes schizo" is just more maternal bullshit. Your mom's a fuckin cunt m8.
>>
Betsy Clillernetch - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 10:13:00 EST ID:13TTWnAH No.4882143 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490451180787.jpg -(186729B / 182.35KB, 720x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4882108
Haha way to misunderstand my post and insult my mother bRo
>>
Samantha Meatflap - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 11:39:25 EST ID:ZY/Y8tUR No.4882147 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have gone crazy for a few months twice over the last 2 years but I dunno if it has to do with weed.
>>
Sidney Sudgecocke - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 11:58:13 EST ID:AXo5aMry No.4882152 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4882147
Care to elaborate? Lol
>>
Esther Blackridge - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 14:14:20 EST ID:fZI6BZaC No.4882160 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4882073
Yes yes, everyone is a liar but you - you're special and can never bullshit about anything. You get the special snowflake label and nobody else gets too because it's all just a big pharma conspiracy maaaannnnn, it's the FDA putting chemicals in the water yo!

Entitled would be an apt word. Entitled to your own brain dysfunction. It's sad. nb

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.