420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Union drug tests by Longrod Von Hugendong - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 02:53:42 EST ID:66ZbHvaL No.4896093 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1507791222407.jpg -(37665B / 36.78KB, 640x625) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 37665
I'm getting a union apprenticeship. I've been job hopping random bullshit jobs mainly in the $13-15 an hour manufacturing industry for years and im sick of the bullshit. I need a career. I found an apprenticeship through a sheet metal union, this shit will make me into a man. I dont smoke atm because im on probation, and honestly im kinda over it, but id still like to toke on the occassion when im off the hook, which is in less than 3 months.

I can't afford to lose this apprenticeship, but the union can basically test me randomly at any time, and I guess thats kinda commonplace. My buddy says hes worked their for 6 months and never has been tested but people get tested frequently.

So what happens if I get caught (in most unions in general)? Will I get fired? Will they boot me from the apprentice program? Will they fire me if I graduate and make my way to journeyman?

Anyone here have experience with this?
>>
Charles Cregglemork - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:35:21 EST ID:xnS9FMu9 No.4896116 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4896093
Buy some god damn fake piss and keep it accessible at all times. I have a thing of it in my desk for emergencies. You should never have to give them your actual piss.
>>
Fucking Blathercocke - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 13:54:18 EST ID:UKWzHEnX No.4896119 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4896093
if you want to be a real working career man, then play it by the books. honestly it's not worth the paranoia of keeping fake piss around just so you can smoke every now and then. it's shitty that they care about weed in your drug tests but if you want a lasting career, remove any doubt on your paet. it's honestly a small sacrifice if you've already admitted you're over weed. give yourself some peace of mind.
>>
Matilda Serringsterk - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 23:20:01 EST ID:ncOz6v82 No.4896159 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4896119
Yeah, pretty much this. If this is really the opportunity you've been waiting for then best to play it safe. After you've been there for a bit and can gauge the environment and how often tests really happen you can consider taking a risk here and there but overall it's just not worth it. Get your career underway first and then figure out how to mix your preferred recreation in appropriately.

Some stoners will argue that you should just enjoy your life and smoke and not give into the system but many of these are also the same people who never move beyond their dead-end retail jobs. Plus once you get some experience in your field there will be a lot more availability and job potential and then you'll have the option to look for something else that doesn't test while still doing what you want to do. Make the sacrifice now and it'll pay off later
>>
Robert Timecock - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 00:15:15 EST ID:66ZbHvaL No.4896164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4896159
>Some stoners will argue that you should just enjoy your life and smoke and not give into the system

yea, i moved past this awhile ago. All of the people I know who say that are unemployed, dont have sex and havent in years, and still live in their moms basement at 25.
>>
Jeffrey Jizzstain - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 01:17:04 EST ID:KtXMn/PV No.4896166 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4896164
Not allowing your job to dictate what you do in your free time isn't at all the same as not having a job

also lol @ your weird "xD virgins" sophomoric mindset bruh, grow up

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.