420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Making tinctures by Arlen Hashbottom - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 19:39:27 EST ID:g1SplZyD No.4896149 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1507851567824.jpg -(26768B / 26.14KB, 304x171) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 26768
So, I have a friend with legit back issues. She would like to dose with something discrete and oral (insert joke here.) She is thinking of making some alcohol or glycerin based tincture. Anyone have a good go-to method here. I am wondering how best she can condense it so that she just needs a few drops and not like, a full shot of green dragon.
>>
Grizzly Brownball - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:32:21 EST ID:bFQ3iJDs No.4896182 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4896149
  1. Always decarboxylate first.
  2. It's better to use a heat-mediated extraction into alcohol rather than a long, room temperature one. For 100mL of everclear and 3.5grams of weed, it takes me about 2 hours to create the tincture.
  3. When doing heat mediated extraction, always heat the alcohol weed-mixture in a double boiler so that no direct flame touches the container with alcohol.
  4. Always use high proof ethanol.
  5. If it's too dilute, you can always concentrate it by boiling off more liquid until it is to your liking.

If you're too afraid of using heat with high proof alcohol safely, then just do a room temperature extraction and wait like 4 weeks. Just be sure to decarboxylate first. A lot of the THC in weed is in the nonpsychoactive form of THCa and you want to remove that carboxylic acid group by heating it up, or else your tincture will be largely inactive. Again, if it's not as concentrated as you like, you can boil it down until it's a really small amount.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.