Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Subject
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

QQQ

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 24 Apr 2020 05:56:48 EST NMSu3qNk No.70132
File: 1587722208259.jpg -(10007B / 9.77KB, 360x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. QQQ
The fuck was his problem?
12 posts and 8 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Neelix - Sun, 17 May 2020 14:39:37 EST yGPwv2Sr No.70247 Reply
He mimics the qualities of the lifeforms he presents himself to
>>
Dmitri Valtane - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 05:51:51 EST FQQ/iPHa No.70332 Reply
>>70132
Q being the kind of entity that he is, capable of moving through reality and time etc. He's probably been into the future to see what far distant humanity is like, (he appears to infer as much when he first appears in voyager at least), so from his perspective, he knows that human beings are going to be ascendant in the future. So he goes "back in time" to test them to get a better sense of what they were to gain a sense of what they are in the future.

Happy birthday! :D

View Thread Reply
- Wed, 02 Feb 2022 13:29:39 EST fQT/UJlg No.72036
File: 1643826579083.png -(449723B / 439.18KB, 890x545) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Happy birthday! :D
Happy birthday to starfleet's bestest boy!
14 posts and 5 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Senator Tal'aura - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 20:26:03 EST jBjGWvOG No.72103 Reply
Picard is dank tho
>>
Guinan - Fri, 01 Apr 2022 14:05:02 EST ocaCtsmh No.72104 Reply
>>72103
dank as in "disagreeably damp, musty, and typically cold" is what this poster meant
just in case you thought he meant dank as in "damn this is some dank ass weed"

Headcanon General

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 04 May 2018 06:08:26 EST b048m/L8 No.64475
File: 1525428506639.jpg -(92632B / 90.46KB, 694x530) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Headcanon General
Here will be a spoiler-rich thread. Beware, ye who haven't watched all the Trek yet..
153 posts and 34 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Sarina Douglas - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 00:15:14 EST fQT/UJlg No.72099 Reply
>>72095
How hard can it be to get writers for star trek that have actually seen star trek before.

Or have read a science book before.
>>
Roger Lemli - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 09:34:31 EST mw1AnnTr No.72100 Reply
1648474471762.png -(14033B / 13.70KB, 73x90) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>72099
it's not hard, but you have to be open to getting anally fucked by kurtzman
>>
Karyn Archer - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 03:35:57 EST nUDi1Pzf No.72101 Reply
The 80's and 90's were a cool time to travel back to, not now. Absurdity to make a relation with us with old plot mechanics to forge a Trek look alike, and with the filming through covid they limit what is shown.

Best Mind-warp Final Frontier Episodes

View Thread Reply
- Sat, 31 Jul 2021 04:46:29 EST LNOdPH0z No.71470
File: 1627721189645.jpg -(157421B / 153.73KB, 1000x562) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Best Mind-warp Final Frontier Episodes
In the TNG finale Q says that the real frontier of exploration isn't of space, but of experience. What Star Trek episodes have premises based on the most interesting conceptual questions of self aware existence?

Stuff like "DS9 Hard Time" where the premise basically is "I know for a fact that I would kill a person if I was under duress, but I haven't actually killed anyone, am I a bad person?", that's some mind bending twilight zone shit. What other eps are good like that?
10 posts and 1 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Brathaw - Sun, 06 Mar 2022 01:44:46 EST iwgCCwXm No.72083 Reply
1646549086430.png -(773330B / 755.21KB, 1000x563) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>71470
the inner light and the visitor are the best examples and it's not even close
>>
Leonard McCoy - Mon, 07 Mar 2022 10:50:39 EST fQT/UJlg No.72085 Reply
>>71491
>Neelix who doesn't even count as a person.
Harsh but true.
>>
Azan - Wed, 09 Mar 2022 23:10:51 EST iC9LuGlA No.72087 Reply
>>72083

Yo, I swear I thought picard was sucking on a glass flower in this pic

I don't mean to play into that same theme, but DS9's "Hard Time" was truly a mind flip. The chief breaking into an emergency weapons locker, holding the phaser in his hand, being like 'yeah, this is happening', and then putting it up to his head was some crazy shit. And then me, pondering all the people I know who had done time and being like 'yup, sounds about right'

I met the Chief!

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 25 Jul 2021 16:10:44 EST 7CJseHvz No.71462
File: 1627243844521.jpg -(84282B / 82.31KB, 900x750) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I met the Chief!
I saw Colm Meaney at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
10 posts and 2 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Dr. Reyga - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:09:04 EST +VWgwl2x No.72021 Reply
it was definitely either milky way bars or mars bars, nothing so terrestrial as snickers
>>
Private W Woods - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 05:38:38 EST /IJ/5OgS No.72075 Reply
Milk Duds were discontinued but he would've swiped a pack while no one was looking.

MEMES

View Thread Reply
- Tue, 13 Oct 2020 07:42:07 EST znSn/m7X No.70795
File: 1602589327338.png -(444388B / 433.97KB, 500x453) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. MEMES
There is no fucking catalogue and maybe I'm a retard, but I can't find a trek memes thread.
81 posts and 51 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.

Discovery

View Thread Reply
- Thu, 03 Feb 2022 19:08:25 EST y1euDkaE No.72041
File: 1643933305319.jpg -(157465B / 153.77KB, 1200x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Discovery
I just started watching it and was wondering. What are your thoughts on discovery overall? Do you like it as a show in general? Does it fit well with the franchise? Where would you place it in your tier listing?
7 posts and 1 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Seven of Nine - Sat, 05 Feb 2022 15:55:24 EST TTcXb8JG No.72057 Reply
>>72053
>and God does the mirror universe suck ass in every incarnation it ever was made in
In Elite Force (the Trek FPS) there's a neat bit where you move through a bunch of derelict ships combined into one mass and one is a Terran Empire TOS-era ship.
>>72053
>>
Guinan - Sun, 06 Feb 2022 14:27:39 EST ocaCtsmh No.72061 Reply
>>72057
I played a good chunk of that game's single player a few years back and that part was pretty cool, you make a good point
>>
Dr. Lewis Zimmerman - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:19:26 EST IqEuF1M1 No.72092 Reply
I don't know why I keep watching it, the writing is terrible and there's maybe one or two decent to good episodes per season.

Picard feels like they took some fan notes for Season 2 and it's a much better show this time around.

Music of Star Trek

View Thread Reply
- Wed, 24 Feb 2021 03:41:24 EST DeTMN+ML No.71244
File: 1614156084953.webm [mp4] -(6112862B / 5.83MB, 320x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Music of Star Trek
Silly or serious; let's have them.

POGO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs
11 posts and 4 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Admiral Nechayev - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 07:02:46 EST TTcXb8JG No.71971 Reply
>>71244
It's pretty well known by now that Archer's Theme was the original ENT intro theme before Faith of the Heart and is a far better theme but I've just started a rewatch and I noticed that in the first episode you can even hear them using parts of Archer's Theme in key moments. Really such a shame they fucked it over and fucked up the intro video by failing to include, at the very least, Gagarin and Sputnik but that's a different topic. Anyway in case anyone hasn't seen the intro with the original theme here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-oRAcb6YaE but I was mostly just interested to notice it elsewhere.
>>
Cmdr. Peter Harkins - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 00:50:06 EST A2MXkPM/ No.72025 Reply
>>71971
But Chekov?
User is currently banned from all boardsUser is currently banned from all boards

Elevator pitch

View Thread Reply
- Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:11:01 EST OHlds1Vj No.69792
File: 1582855861163.png -(346950B / 338.82KB, 768x644) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Elevator pitch
You're in a elevator alone with... I don't know someone important at CBS who can make things happen.

Whats your pitch for a new Star Trek series?
83 posts and 11 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Roger Lemli - Tue, 09 Nov 2021 20:43:45 EST gaAUf/18 No.71818 Reply
>>71816
Good idea, one of the main characters on the Ferengi ship, maybe their chief engineer, could be from a planet the Federation passed by and left to rot. He's bitter that his planet was left in poverty and suffering that the Federation could have aided with but because no warp drive; no aid. A generation later the Ferengi discover them and sell them things they use to lift themselves out of poverty, now he's an engineer of warp drive systems so who is the primitive now.

Star Trek: Jenkem Pog

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 05 Nov 2021 18:14:50 EST LNOdPH0z No.71793
File: 1636150490278.gif -(2117754B / 2.02MB, 498x242) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Star Trek: Jenkem Pog
There is no way Jason Mantzoukas does not know what Jenkem is. And there's no way that's not the reason he insists on saying this character's name in the third person. I can only wonder how long this show will air before someone in the production chain finds out, like when they realized the acronym for Star Trek Discovery was a little too accurate.

Anyway, 2 episodes into this and I actually like it so far, but part of that is STD and PrIC setting the bar so fucking low. But I think the fact this is on niceloeon is gonna help. It the "OUR SHOW IS MADE FOR ADULTS!" type of Star Trek that fucking sucks, going all the way back to the TNG movies. Everyone in STD and PrIC is a sweaty, slutty, angry, swearing, traumatized loser who learns nothing on their journeys. I am fuckign excited that this new show will be in a format where no one is allowed to say "YEAH, I WISH I COULD LITERALLY FUCK MATH!" or show a Klingon penis. And maybe, just maybe we'll actually get some fucking moral lessons and adventure.

I'm not yet ready to call it good, but it's definitely not bad so far, and Rock girl is adorable.

If nothing else, we will now have two entire series in which to compare and contrast if Hologram Janeway is less crazy than the real one.
11 posts and 2 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Robert Wesley - Thu, 06 Jan 2022 23:00:00 EST IMbLXRAL No.71998 Reply
1641528000983.png -(565754B / 552.49KB, 1280x544) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>71793
Bump because second half of the season starts today
STD S4 was the lowest point of all star trek for me, for the first time I couldn't even bring myself to keep hate watching it. The criticism of STD I keep hearing that feels most accurate is that "Unlike every other Star Trek series that had a rough start and gradually improves, STD seems to take any criticism as a challenge and double down on whatever it was doing wrong."

Anyway, I only mention all that to say that after Ep 6 of PROD I officially love this fucking show because it actually seems to be fucking trying and learning. It still has a few things to nitpick, but it's a fucking Star Trek show and it's finding it's footing gloriously. Every episode is better than the one before it. This last episode relied on fanservice a little much, but in a way that paid tribute to Trek's glorious past instead of shitting all over it to prop up a bunch of Mary Sues. Characters are starting to have their more annoying traits watered down, a mystery has been introduced to solve that doesn't seem like yet another THREAT TO ALL LIFE IN THA GALAXY!!!1!!, the voice cast on this kids show emoted way more believably than the alleged adults on the kurtzman crap.

It is still, fundamentally, a kids show and so there is some limitation there (can't discuss my criticisms without getting into spoilers though), but like I said in a previous post it really reminds me of how I felt when The Last Airbender started to figure out what the fuck it was doing. My reservations are gone; I hope this shit gets Seven seasons.

Also, Yet another show that uses the correct Klingon design instead of the STD leper-colony looking crap, I think we're winning guys it feels like TD is slowly being filtered out of canon in the project kuntzman has less direct control over
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Naomi Wildman - Sat, 08 Jan 2022 13:29:49 EST 3KLH/771 No.72004 Reply
>>71793
>like when they realized the acronym for Star Trek Discovery was a little too accurate
plz, it's DIS, like dissing the fanbase.
>But I think the fact this is on niceloeon is gonna help. It the "OUR SHOW IS MADE FOR ADULTS!" type of Star Trek that fucking sucks,
one of the things that made TNG so magical was it was almost like most episodes were family oriented after school specials, but with fucking space battles and posing tough moral questions. OST felt more like Space Bond. Now it's all straight indoctrination, brow beating, and appealing to the lowest common woke denominator.

But making it a CGI 3D cartoon series with a random rag tag crew is almost like they don't give a shit. They basically did the same show with Space Cases, and DS9 offered them the format with the Federation Academy crew that went rogue. Hell they could say they did it to wokeafie the universe by saying how imperial, racist, and sexist the prime directive is.

Does religion still exist on Earth?

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:25:11 EST jPvOWjLq No.71929
File: 1639167911176.jpg -(28164B / 27.50KB, 474x349) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Does religion still exist on Earth?
So...I've noticed that in all the series, there's yet to be a Jew on the bridge of a Federation craft. Or a practitioner of any Earth faith.

Yet religion still clearly exists in the future, the Bajorans are the obvious example, but the Klingons clearly have a defined world religion, the Ferengi have their weird afterlife, and the Betazoids have a 'sacred chalice; which implies a religious belief. Vulcans--even if its' not a 'religion' per se--have a good deal of "illogical" traditions that definitely feel like a religious sacrament.

Even the Borg have their weird fascination with the Omega Particle, and 7 of 9 states a couple of times that Borg drones are essentially "immortal" as their memories will exist forever in the collective.

Whenever an alien species' religion is featured, I don't think there's any human chaacters who talk about their own religion. Chakotay sort of does with Neelix in the episode where Neelix has the near death experience but he's mainly talking about meditative practice rather than any of his indigenous theology.

I know that it's probably done to avoid controversy etc, Earth is a very generic utopia in Star Trek and specifics of life on Earth are often left out (and let's face it, it's kind of a boring topic for a show about space exploration) In fact, the only times I can recall humans really saying anything that indicates a faith are in TOS where Kirk talks about just having one God and they have some throwaway lines throughout the run ("God help us" etc)
8 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Ghengis Dong - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 21:01:02 EST Mubbp87h No.71939 Reply
1639360862890.jpg -(7501B / 7.33KB, 320x180) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>71937
That would be contrary to what we see throughout history. Conflict often is associated with INCREASED religiosity among the masses. It's not as if Afghanistan is a paragon of secular thought.

The tent revivals in the US that created modern evangelism and the religous right as a political force surged immediately after the 2nd World War and were in large part energized by disillusioned and traumatized veterans.

People who are suffering, living in environments of extreme violence or poverty often have very unique brands of religous zeal.
>>
Quark - Thu, 16 Dec 2021 08:55:42 EST ey3w3NcH No.71946 Reply
>>71939
spock's face when you point out that vulcans have more illogical religious superstitions than the almost hermetically secular earthlings.
>>
Naomi Wildman - Sat, 08 Jan 2022 13:58:40 EST 3KLH/771 No.72006 Reply
Well most of the utopian characteristics of Star Trek Earth are inherently cloaked in mystery, but the writers seemed to try to display it as a cozy place where people can freely pursue meaningful hobbies and lifestyles, even if replicator technology has largely made them obsolete. Maybe this is permitted for historical reasons, kinda like having Earth be one big Colonial Williamsburg. Also there is no inherent strife on Earth implying there was some great moral awakening in humanity after they made first contact, so humanity learned not to be dicks to each other, but also the option of a warp drive would make resource collection no longer limited to Earth. I could write a thesis on the hypothetical laws of star trek utopia, but that's for another thread.

As for OP's specific question about religion in trek, the simple reason I would say it is absent is because on board any Federation crew starship they are expected to act like professionals and practice in private. Maybe it is not intentionally explored as we got a ton of alien religions to explore for the audience, or simply they didn't want to touch a 3rd rail much like Stargate avoided any discussion of Christianity.

Of course the modern US Navy does permit the practice of various religions, and I think more exceptions are starting to be made in accordance with woke politics, but we will see how well that shit survives in an actual hot war. It would be more interesting to discuss if Islam is practiced in the Federation, as Islam has a huge intolerance for other religious beliefs. But then again with a warp drive the Federation could find an unoccupied habitable planet and just have them fuck off there, though it would be interesting to explore the diplomatic fallout should such a world conquer another alien race and whether starfleet would be held accountable. Its probably why starfleet intentionally keeps colonies technologically dependent, as actively violating the starfleet charter means starfleet is going to tell you "you are on your own know, good luck". And considering the number of threats they face in a star trek episode they probably won't last long if they decide to poke some bear.

Lower Decks

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 18 Oct 2020 20:37:40 EST OoAY3Tf2 No.70827
File: 1603067860607.jpg -(67877B / 66.29KB, 1000x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Lower Decks
Is anyone else surprised that this show ended being not as awful as you expected? I mean it's nowhere close to the rest of the series in quality(except Picard, fuck that show) but its not absolute shit. I found myself kind of enjoying it and just want season 3 of The Orville to come the fuck out already.
Also is just a new running gag that Riker shows up in finales to save the day?
89 posts and 16 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Naomi Wildman - Sat, 08 Jan 2022 13:37:49 EST 3KLH/771 No.72005 Reply
>>71742
so the LD shill from 4chan has found 420/1701/. I hope they visit the jinkhem board.

Why's Riker gotta be a dick?

View Thread Reply
- Wed, 13 Oct 2021 15:40:18 EST fQT/UJlg No.71721
File: 1634154018801.jpg -(326977B / 319.31KB, 1436x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Why's Riker gotta be a dick?
What was up with Riker giving Ro shit about her earring while Worf gets to walk around with his Klingon participation trophy on his chest? Was he just being a dick because Ro did a bad and got her Wellington crewmates killed? Or is he just racist against Bajorans?
27 posts and 3 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Corporal R Richards - Sat, 08 Jan 2022 11:35:24 EST fQT/UJlg No.72003 Reply
>>71996
>The ONLY Maquis that survive the Dominion War are those who were on Chakotay's ship, the Val Jean, or those who were incarcerated, like Eddington or Tom Riker
Brutal
>>
Dr. Reyga - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:12:09 EST +VWgwl2x No.72022 Reply
I often think about how unfair it is that Bajorans can't wear their earrings. Every time I See someone with anything that's extra to the uniform I get really annoyed.
>>
Dr. Reyga - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:13:28 EST +VWgwl2x No.72023 Reply
>>71996
I want a heist movie made of that time the Ferengi tried to steal all the gold in fort knox

BAJORAN DEATH CHANT

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 29 Oct 2021 19:15:03 EST zd+1Q+GT No.71776
File: 1635549303799.jpg -(13745B / 13.42KB, 400x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. BAJORAN DEATH CHANT
Sadly, Camille Saviola, who played Kai Opaka, has gone on to the Celestial Temple to be with the Prophets. Lets all take a moment to remember the bestest Kai, and one of the few Bajorans worthy of remembrance.
7 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Senator Vreenak - Mon, 08 Nov 2021 01:19:31 EST Kbz3ul7q No.71809 Reply
>>71776
Sad that the actress died but I dislike the character. RIP.
>>
Natima Lang - Mon, 08 Nov 2021 20:06:57 EST fQT/UJlg No.71811 Reply
>>71789
>star trek online
can you just write a summary on a blade knife and stab me in the face instead

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.