Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Subject
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /1701/tube -

Headcanon General

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 04 May 2018 06:08:26 EST b048m/L8 No.64475
File: 1525428506639.jpg -(92632B / 90.46KB, 694x530) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Headcanon General
Here will be a spoiler-rich thread. Beware, ye who haven't watched all the Trek yet..
133 posts and 28 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Katherine Pulaski - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 04:42:50 EST 5IjuyRbn No.70516 Reply
They found Neelix a home on an asteroid after 7 seasons, they should've been looking for human mined asteroids in the Delta quadrant.
>>
Katherine Pulaski - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 04:57:00 EST 5IjuyRbn No.70517 Reply
>>70516
I just found out where they left him, the asteriod was attacked again and they where all destroy.
>>
Albert Macklin - Tue, 18 Aug 2020 03:25:43 EST O02P7RYT No.70634 Reply
>>70517
got two birds stoned at once then. Got rid of nelix AND he's dead along with the rest of his horrid cat homunculi species. Was this janeways final revenge for Nelix fucking up the barzan plan by retardedly throwing money away to a species deep in Ferengi culture?

Babylon 5

View Thread Reply
- Tue, 23 Jun 2020 00:51:42 EST LeuwNIoa No.70446
File: 1592887902401.jpg -(25201B / 24.61KB, 200x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Babylon 5
Time to settle this debate once and for all. Was it better than DS9? Did you personally like it better than DS9?
21 posts and 6 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Darlene Kursky - Sun, 16 Aug 2020 06:58:43 EST iIXJ+uT5 No.70625 Reply
I do like DS9 a bit better (juuuust a bit), and I also find that the big epic "lotr in space" approach to storytelling in B5 while commendable also hurts the show rewatchability. On the other hand, I must also say that what Straczynski did with Londo and G'kar remains unmatched, not even the best character arcs in Star Trek come close.
>>
Guinan - Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:57:17 EST b048m/L8 No.70627 Reply
>>70621
CODEWOR
PEEK A BOOO

Personally I like Garibaldi, mostly because that scene from the future where he's gunning down endless waves of shadows with dual mini-guns and laughing like a madman.. but I gotta admit some of the Garibaldi-involved storylines dragged ass.

One good thing about Garibaldi is that if you pay close attention to his hairline, you can not only figure out what season you're in, but roughly what episode in the season, just from his hair. That man is the atomic clock of balding.

Lens flares don't come cheap.

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:13:55 EST yW/tSq77 No.70591
File: 1597007635531.jpg -(68357B / 66.75KB, 1000x444) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Lens flares don't come cheap.
From the top of r/movies today.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/08/08/movies-box-office-star-trek-never-as-big-as-star-wars-avengers-transformers/#565466173dc4

>How Paramount Failed To Turn ‘Star Trek’ Into A Blockbuster Franchise

>Maybe cheaper Star Trek movies, films that could be successes at $300 million worldwide, could work. What was true in 2009 is now even more true today as the very idea of theatrical exhibition is in peril. The experiment of Bad Robot and Paramount’s initial Star Trek relaunch was a failure. Could spending A-level blockbuster bucks and offering A-level blockbuster thrills turn Star Trek into an A-level blockbuster franchise? The answer, three times in a row, was “No.”

I'm pleased to see the majority of replies damning JJ and Kurtzman.
2 posts and 1 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Kor - Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:43:35 EST z+EotTKk No.70604 Reply
1597344215999.jpg -(74872B / 73.12KB, 960x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>70599
>wasn't Into Darkness considered the least shit/most Trek around here?

You must be thinking of Beyond because... just No. So much No.
>>
Gralik Durr - Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:21:27 EST 6C6kcMFd No.70607 Reply
>>70593
Into Darkness did decently for a very simple reason: Hope.

OG Trek ended on a bit of a whimper. Enterprise had been, as we say in my country, a prayer without end. Except it did have an end, and a premature one at that. Voyager before it had already had its fair share of bumps in the road, and is still widely regarded as one of the weaker Treks. Deep Space 9 was widely regarded as fucking fantastic, but also had more of a niche audience by virtue of its nature, and by being way ahead of its time.

So a reboot of the franchise didn't really sound bad to anyone. It had been going for a while, after all. The idea of using existing characters was iffy, but at the same time everyone already knew there was never going to come a direct show out of a movie. Shit just don't work like that anymore. And JJTrek was a decent action movie. It had a shitload of lazy references. It just kind of got the blood pumping, and that's not really a bad thing when it hasn't been flowing at all. And the whole move with saying "it's a parallel universe" was fairly decent.

Even if you didn't get much out of JJTrek, it looked like it might actually revive the franchise with broad appeal. And we were less jaded by reboots back then. So with that hope in their pockets, people went to see Into Darkness. And it was bad. It remains one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It has no entertainment value, its characters are shit, Benedict Cumbercunt is particularly shit. Even if you don't like chocolate ice cream getting shit instead still feels like an insult.

Into Darkness killed the JJTrek movie franchise singlehandedly. Trek fans were done giving it the benefit of the doubt, and regular audience members could just go back to their thousands of capes movies. Personally I didn't even see Beyond, either. Yeah, I've heard it's decent, but I don't care. I was only running on hope, and that hope is gone. Why should I watch a movie that's really only trying and failing to be Trek when I cold watch old Trek instead? Even if it does fail less than the previous one?
>>
Icheb - Thu, 13 Aug 2020 19:53:30 EST jwjJ078M No.70612 Reply
>>70604
>You must be thinking of Beyond because... just No. So much No.
I did indeed get them mixed up, I thought Into Darkness was the third one for some reason and I remembered people saying the third was a slight improvement. My bad.

ALL Lives Matter in Star Trek

View Thread Reply
- Mon, 15 Jun 2020 23:26:42 EST b048m/L8 No.70398
File: 1592278002658.gif -(738554B / 721.24KB, 245x245) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. ALL Lives Matter in Star Trek
I just want to say VERY CLEARLY that the message of the so-called "Black Lives Matter" movement is completely anathema to the ideals of Star Trek. Star Trek never advocated putting one group on a pedestal over all others, or taking out your grandfather's grudges on his enemies' grandchildren. This is a divisive movement, it's almost stuck living in the 60's when black people weren't one of the most privileged groups in the United States, and a harmonious multicultural society could have already been achieved if not for this divisive, race-baiting, and quite frankly evil group. Police brutality in the modern day is something we ALL enjoy. If BLM cared about social change and didn't want a future of race wars and segregation, they shouldn't have made it race-blind and SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT HAVE ignored cases like Tony Timpa, where a white man was killed in his own home in the exact same manner as George Floyd. Because he wasn't black, BLM infers he didn't matter by their silence. Thus, their goal is not justice, through the elevation of one community over another. It's about petty revenge, for something that happened long before any Hue-Mon living today was born. It's bullshit. No one, not black, not white, not Andorian, not even a fucking BAJORAN deserves to be punished for their ancestors crimes.

Star Trek dreamed of a future where people didn't form immediate opinions on you based on appearance., but where the content of your character was what mattered. It would not be a stretch of the imagination to say that Martin Luther King and Gene Roddenberry were on the same page. They were. And if you are a true star trek fan, and not some wannabe, I probably won't have to win you over, you'll already be like me, stuck in the uncomfortable position of neutrality between two screeching mobs of the most entitled generation ever born. But I write this now for those who know in their hearts that this movement is pushing society backwards, but are too afraid to admit it to yourselves. This is a movement of oppression hidden in the skin of a movement of justice and equality.

I've seen too many people getting their lives ruined over social media, too many people getting killed or maimed in these riots (and then not being reported on because it was a black person killed by another black person), too much division and destruction. I'm personally very strongly against it, but I dare not say a word outside of the anonymous internet because I've seen what happens to those who do. Same shit that happened to those that spoke out against the Nazis. Same shit as those who spoke out against communism during the CCP cultural revolution. I want to point out, yes indeed, black lives DO matter but only as a subset of ALL LIVES. This movement has run its course, and if you can still stomach the dishonor of supporting it, you are not in favor of actual equality. We are never making a United Federation of Planets if we can't get over simple shit like this, guys.

Star Trek might be dead, but it's lit a fire inside me that will never die. Can you say the same? Or will you fall for divisive propaganda and summon a world where people of different shades of beige can't share the same society? Being blind to race is better that focusing on it. It doesn't matter. If you think it matters, you need to get over that shit, it's holding you back. People should respect other cultures, but this movement has become about destroying history and toppling statues, barely any different from ISIS. There's no moral high ground to speak out against defacing some mural of Floyd when you just fucking smashed a statue of Thomas Jefferson. This movement has blown any goodwill it had in my heart over the past few weeks, and if it didn't do the same to you, I'd suggest time away from social media combined with quiet reflections of your values. Do you really want to give support to the Mirror Universe's version of the Ku Klux Klan? The only difference I see is skin color. And to me, because I believe in the message of Star Trek, that is a basically meaningless attribute.

So, if you disagree with me, I welcome that. Let's hear what you have to say. The biggest problem with the current state of affairs is that those who preach such a love for diversity of culture will allow no diversity of opinion. Sorr…
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
64 posts and 14 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Kono - Sun, 09 Aug 2020 04:52:44 EST 6C6kcMFd No.70584 Reply
>>70581
He's old. Old people don't really give two fucks anymore. He's not the most intelligent person on Twitter, or the most eloquent. But Lord knows he's far from the bottom. And that bottom is having a bitchfight with him now. It's kind of the same as how the RLM went down. Shatner didn't give two fucks. People approaching Shatner with the attitude that he should give fucks, or, as is the case now, very many fucks, automatically place themselves on the losing side.
>>
Temporal Agent Daniels - Sun, 09 Aug 2020 09:23:36 EST z9YUOs6r No.70587 Reply
>>70580
"literally killing people"

Jesus christ. People blaming the whole transgender suicide rate on shit like that is so dumb. They have a high suicide rate largely because of the dysphoria itself. It remains high whether they transition or not.

People always saying it's not a mental illness, same people who supposedly wanna end the stigma of mental illness.
Just put 2 and 2 together. It's a mental illness that's nothing to be ashamed of nor is it invalidating of their transition.
It's not easy to be trans regardless of society's acceptance of it. That's just the unfortunate truth.
>>
Nanpart Malor - Sun, 09 Aug 2020 15:51:30 EST jwjJ078M No.70589 Reply
>>70581
Shatner just doesn't give a shit. The man posts about being a brony on a regular basis.

Major Kira hate thread

View Thread Reply
- Sat, 18 Jul 2020 12:23:05 EST JbyLr5gR No.70496
File: 1595089385610.jpg -(52350B / 51.12KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Major Kira hate thread
I hate this bitch y'all.
She is one of the most irresponsible and irrational Star Trek characters I have had the displeasure of having to listen to. Her actress is hams it up and goes way too over the top.
She makes horrible decisions, some of the worst decisions in all of Trek.
She was the one responsible for sending Worf and Dax alone together on a critical covert operation that ended in disaster. It was almost like she was trying to sabotage them. Oh and let's not forget her worst and most egregious sin; going on a suicide vendetta revenge mission while voluntarily carrying the unborn child of some of your closest and most trusted comrades!
I hate Major Kira so much. Thanks for letting me vent.
10 posts and 3 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Corporal Kelly - Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:53:31 EST BnrdIjvE No.70550 Reply
>>70545
People have done it for all of them. People just used face app on them, look it up and prepare for confusion.
>>
DaiMon Birta - Wed, 05 Aug 2020 16:30:08 EST PmqEF9oa No.70562 Reply
>>70496
Can you hate a Bajoran for being a Bajoran? Is that fair to them? Sure, all of the countless generations of inbreeding combined with their history of straight-up demon worship have made them an ugly, hateful and villainous people, but is it their fault?
>>
DaiMon Birta - Wed, 05 Aug 2020 16:34:21 EST PmqEF9oa No.70564 Reply
1596659661011.jpg -(105773B / 103.29KB, 1200x820) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>70550
Gender-bender Kirk surprisingly looks a lot like a young Ensign Janeway

Star Trek Universe Virtual Panel

View Thread Reply
!lfsExjBfzE - Thu, 23 Jul 2020 10:05:56 EST KmwkQQCM No.70529
File: 1595513156439.png -(706080B / 689.53KB, 1200x590) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Star Trek Universe Virtual Panel
>Watch the Star Trek Universe Virtual Panel at 1pm EDT / 6pm in /1701/tube - http://taima.tv/r/1701

Star Trek broke barriers when it first premiered more than 50 years ago, inspiring people of all walks of life by championing cultural diversity, scientific advancement, and the exploration of new frontiers. Today, this legacy carries on through the Star Trek series on CBS All Access, where Starfleet and new characters alike take on exciting missions and explore uncharted areas of the universe while keeping true to the ideals of "Star Trek" that society needs now more than ever. Join us as we virtually bring together the casts and producers from Star Trek: Discovery, new animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks and Star Trek: Picard.

Dominic Patten, Deadline's senior editor, moderates the overall "Star Trek Universe" panels with an introduction and discussion with Secret Hideout executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin who give a glimpse of what's ahead in the ever-expanding franchise.

The cast of Star Trek: Discovery reprises their roles in a virtual table read of the season two finale "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2." Cast scheduled to appear, include Sonequa Martin-Green (Commander Michael Burnham), Michelle Yeoh (Philippa Georgiou), Doug Jones (Commander Saru), Anthony Rapp (Lt. Commander Paul Stamets), Mary Wiseman (Ensign Sylvia Tilly), Wilson Cruz (Dr. Hugh Culber), Mary Chieffo (L'Rell), Tig Notaro (Commander Jett Reno), Alan Van Sprang (Captain Leland), Jayne Brook (Admiral Katrina Cornwall), and the Discovery Bridge crew Emily Coutts (Lt. Detmer), Oyin Oladejo (Lt. J.G. Owosekun), Patrick Kwok-Choon (Lt. Rhys), Ronnie Rowe Jr. (Lt. J.G. Bryce), Sara Mitich (Lt. Nilsson), and upcoming Start Trek: Strange New World stars Anson Mount (Captain Christopher Pike), Rebecca Romijn (Number One), and Ethan Peck (Spock), alongside Star Trek: Discovery executive producer and co-showrunner Michelle Paradise and executive producer Olatunde Osunsanmi, who also directed the season two finale.Act one of the table read will make its world premiere at Comic-Con@Home followed by a brief cast Q&A.

Mike McMahan (Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites), creator, showrunner, and executive producer of the upcoming animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks, which premieres Thursday, August 6 on CBS All Access, will debut an exclusive extended first look from the premiere episode. McMahan also moderates a fun discussion with the Starfleet crew residing in the "lower decks" of the U.S.S. Cerritos, including "Ensign Beckett Mariner" voiced by Tawny Newsome, "Ensign Brad Boimler" voiced by Jack Quaid, "Ensign Tendi" voiced by Noël Wells, and "Ensign Rutherford" voiced by Eugene Cordero and the ship's bridge crew including "Captain Carol Freeman" voiced by Dawnn Lewis, "Commander Jack Ransom" voiced by Jerry O'Connell, "Lieutenant Shaxs" voiced by Fred Tatasciore, and "Doctor T'Ana: voiced by Gillian Vigman.

Patrick Stewart and the lively cast of the hit original series Star Trek: Picard, come together (virtually) for the first time post-finale to discuss the critically acclaimed first season. Cast members scheduled to appear includes Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), Alison Pill (Dr. Agnes Jurati), Isa Briones (Dahj/Soji), Evan Evagora (Elnor), Michelle Hurd (Raffi Musiker), and Santiago Cabrera (Cristobal Rios) along with special guest stars Brent Spiner (Data/Dr. Soong), Jonathan Del Arco (Hugh), Jonathan Frakes (William Riker), Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi).
5 posts and 1 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:49:06 EST KmwkQQCM No.70547 Reply
1595875746206.jpg -(51213B / 50.01KB, 590x382) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
They announced a Star Trek show for kids.
>>
Boq'ta - Mon, 27 Jul 2020 19:08:45 EST 5SVJcPG+ No.70548 Reply
>>70547
Yeah, months ago. There is also a Section-31 show and Enterprise series on the way bringing the total to 6 concurrent Trek shows in case you missed all of those announcements too.
>>
Commander Donatra - Tue, 28 Jul 2020 22:27:17 EST 5SVJcPG+ No.70553 Reply
>>70548
Damn, I did not mean to come off like an asshole. Sorry. nb

i dont understand

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 17 May 2020 23:53:57 EST OK1C8MXL No.70251
File: 1589774037262.jpg -(46371B / 45.28KB, 475x363) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. i dont understand
was her character supposed to be annoying?
>>
Lursa - Mon, 18 May 2020 05:06:35 EST Sipr6zz7 No.70254 Reply
No. She was actually supposed to be developed into a main character but it didn't happen. They kept bringing her back but she never became more than a distraction to remind everyone that hey helpless civilians live here too.
>>
Prinadora - Fri, 24 Jul 2020 21:31:39 EST CGDlxfAp No.70543 Reply
>>70254

Either that, or she was just a way to torture Miles. The writers loved torturing Miles.

Everything I Knew Was a Lie

View Thread Reply
- Sat, 23 Nov 2019 00:05:30 EST yLFBT7xS No.69103
File: 1574485530835.jpg -(166882B / 162.97KB, 1291x969) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Everything I Knew Was a Lie
The original Enterprise (Constitution class) had a holodeck. This goes against everything I was ever taught growing up.
7 posts and 1 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Zefram Cochrane - Sun, 19 Jul 2020 15:40:18 EST BnrdIjvE No.70503 Reply
>>69112
In my head there was the Matrix and the Animatrix and then they called it a day. It is fine to live in a different reality to others as long as you remember they do not share your own superior reality. Mine now includes what you posted here.

video request

View Thread Reply
- Sun, 07 Jun 2020 18:52:25 EST fhOpgdra No.70340
File: 1591570345881.png -(831261B / 811.78KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. video request
I'm looking for a video which I'm pretty sure is a TNG edit where Riker uses his Q power to show Wesley his future self and it's fucking Wil Wheaton then Data bursts out laughing.

I can't for the life of me find it.

Dukat's GILF tooth.

View Thread Reply
- Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:55:41 EST nldWS06A No.70466
File: 1593190541878.jpg -(42560B / 41.56KB, 479x470) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Dukat's GILF tooth.
Don't know bout you fam but this whack imho.
Did wrong in my book XD
3 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Krem - Mon, 06 Jul 2020 08:44:16 EST kvhLikSb No.70479 Reply
1594039456525.jpg -(39254B / 38.33KB, 618x408) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>70467
>he was popular and bajorans weren't

Yeah no shit, pretty much all Bajorans on the show are terrible people. Even Kira (who were are supposed to like because she's a main character) is insufferable until she goes through an arc where she's forced to work with people from other cultures and finally learns that you don't need to be a cunt in order to get ahead in life (or something to that effect).

The only likable Bajoran I can think of is that old guy who gave Ro Laren some hasperat and advice. But I bet that off-screen even that guy beats his wife in front of the kids because she didn't make the hasperat spicy enough.
>>
Chell - Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:25:18 EST BnrdIjvE No.70480 Reply
>>70479
Kira starts as a cunt and learns quite a few lessons. I enjoyed watching it and am a fan of the character but because she overcomes being horrible rather than because she's just nice. Dukat slowly did descend into being a tosspot in almost a direct contrast to her, but he had so much smarm that he would have had to go a long way. I think if they'd kept the existing pace he might have been annoying by about season 11 or 12 but they didn't have that time so they just made him go mad and called it a day. In fairness he's had a pretty wild ride and going mad isn't completely unbelievable but it's definitely the "make the best of the situation we got ourselves into" cop out and not superb writing.

He spent 6 seasons ignoring vital lessons and doubling down. Losing Ziyal could have also been the moment where it finally came to roost and they could have turned him into a tragic character, I think it's harder to imagine the Cardies rallying around such a contraversial figure the way they did Damar. Also for all his smarm I can't imagine Dukat laughing and saying "They'll just make another copy of him, you know. You should've killed me. There's only one Dukat".

There were a couple of cool bajorans and they all die heroically. Though chill gardening dude's corpse ends up being another stepping stone for Kai Hilary.
>>
Captain Rudolph Ransom - Mon, 06 Jul 2020 18:57:08 EST jwjJ078M No.70481 Reply
>>70480
>Also for all his smarm I can't imagine Dukat laughing and saying "They'll just make another copy of him, you know. You should've killed me. There's only one Dukat".
Because Dukat wouldn't laugh at a pointless death, regardless of if they could be cloned.

The Next Generation

View Thread Reply
- Tue, 09 Jun 2020 23:00:34 EST pOWQFpvV No.70355
File: 1591758034805.jpg -(107842B / 105.31KB, 1600x1599) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. The Next Generation
Never been a big trekkie but saw some TOS on cable the other day and decided to start watching TNG. Damn this is a good show! Anything I should keep in mind while watching it (spoiler free)? Just finished season 1, seems like they don't make television like this any more. Most episodes have a good story, beautiful women, and strong characters, feels like they don't make television like this anymore. It's the perfect show to get stoned and watch while programming.

I tried watching some DS9 but it was boring as fuck compared to big dick Picard and pussy eating king Riker hitting backwall across the galaxy.

RIP Chief Security Officer Tasha Yar
12 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Colonel Lovok - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 07:48:06 EST FnTGlRRE No.70459 Reply
>>70355
>>70355

The head scaling for the focal length of the lense is irritating the shit out of me I can't even jerk off to this learn how glass works you cum ape
>>
T'Pau - Tue, 30 Jun 2020 16:29:58 EST 5IjuyRbn No.70472 Reply
1593548998466.jpg -(6144B / 6.00KB, 240x210) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
When they talk to one of the crews at the front operating flight controls I've seen them swing one leg up and rest it talking to them, in some pre century commanding swashbuckler mannerism... Sir

why are the enterprise characters so boring

View Thread Reply
- Tue, 09 Jun 2020 00:59:37 EST df+df6D9 No.70347
File: 1591678777529.jpg -(178108B / 173.93KB, 752x685) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. why are the enterprise characters so boring
archer is basically sam beckett but in space because bakula is incapable of acting as any other character, t'pol is just sexy vulcan unga, trip was kinda neat because he was basically a redneck in space, reed... I don't know what reed did. Hoshi had that language did but I don't think they ever did anything with her, and mayweather might as well not existed at all. phlox was only interesting because he's a psychopath.

even the dog was boring
13 posts and 2 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Ensign Hogan - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 02:16:55 EST 91F/p5zE No.70463 Reply
Enterprise is the best in the franchise.
Characters actually change over time, imagine that. No bullshit like TNG where season 1 personalities are identical to season 7. For a show about the characters, TNG is an abject failure
>>
Weyoun 5 - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 07:28:19 EST BnrdIjvE No.70465 Reply
>>70463
Nah, see I think one of the things a lot of people miss about ENT is that it does have character development, what I really like is that the general state of the crew and ship is always a microcosm of the rest of the human race weathering adversary and finding it's feet in the galaxy at the same time. But then they usually are the spear tip of that.

Also TNG probably had the least obvious character development but it was there. There was less and it was subtle and over 7 years but it happened. I mean aside from shut up Mary Sue who was obvious. Many of the characters became more nuanced without losing their defining characterists. It wasn't really "about characters" though as much as using them to explore ideas. I think they had big plans for Pulaski and she had a defined and obvious arc but it only half finished because she got shitcanned when ginger MILF came back.

Voyager as with its quality was inconsistent. Some characters changed some seemed he same chumps 7 years later.

But if you want to grade the series by character development go to DS9 or go home. Considering its ensemble felt broader than most that they all also changed more says a lot.
>>
Charles Tucker III - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:51:45 EST jwjJ078M No.70468 Reply
>>70463
>For a show about the characters, TNG is an abject failure
TNG is not a show about the characters, it's a science fiction show about the high concept of the week where the characters exist just explore that concept. The episodes that forget this and go be a character drama are almost universally the worst ones too. What you're describing is something like ENT S3, nuBSG or the current nuTrek shows which are character drama pretending to be science fiction: that's not Trek and if you want a character drama (sometimes I do too) there are far better options available.

TOS

View Thread Reply
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 12:05:27 EST 3pH7KyJ7 No.69460
File: 1579971927667.jpg -(54286B / 53.01KB, 500x378) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. TOS
After a recent rewatch:
>S1
Gunsmoke in space, but better.
>S2
Better acting and budgets but all of the characters are constantly slightly drunk or high. Roddenberry's weird fetishes creep into the writing.
>S3
Mostly shit but the campness makes it watchable.
3 posts omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Pavel Chekov - Fri, 31 Jan 2020 18:24:28 EST BnrdIjvE No.69532 Reply
>>69495
2 is really hit and miss though, sometimes it's outstanding TV and sometimes it's just painful. It has the really fun Matter of Honour which contains maximum Riker and then straight afterwards there's "measure of a man" but it also does sometimes go wide of the mark like the one where Troi gets pregante with a creepy non consensual alien.
>>
Mobara - Sun, 09 Feb 2020 06:55:48 EST ZcqsOJQg No.69580 Reply
1581249348587.jpg -(52890B / 51.65KB, 593x698) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>69460
S1&2 have some of my favorite star trek episodes. I don't know what happened in S3 but the stories just didn't have the same excitement. I love the trio of Kirk, Spock, and Mcoy - more than any crew that came after, but that isn't enough to hold my interest alone. RIP.

Elevator pitch

View Thread Reply
- Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:11:01 EST OHlds1Vj No.69792
File: 1582855861163.png -(346950B / 338.82KB, 768x644) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Elevator pitch
You're in a elevator alone with... I don't know someone important at CBS who can make things happen.

Whats your pitch for a new Star Trek series?
69 posts and 8 images omitted. Click View Thread to read.
>>
Joret Dal - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:37:51 EST p0OfIDyv No.70330 Reply
1591076271979.jpg -(178060B / 173.89KB, 782x458) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The USS Lee Harvey Oswald, crew of 12, plus passengers. Handjob girl is the ship's chippy little nursling, and her mom is Chief Engineer. The captain is Worf. Data is married to an AI starship, the Federation Junker Elite: Esmerelda III. But when Starfleet HQ is attacked, launching Worf's mission into Cardassian space, Data docks the 'relda inside the LHO, and he becomes the ship's DJ, and there are raves nightly, and everybody gets down, everybody gets busy, everybody gets moving. They all know what's up and they never stop. That's how it ends.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Admiral Chekote - Sun, 14 Jun 2020 22:13:37 EST BBoo42qJ No.70390 Reply
>>70294

The investment banker dude comes across holosuites, and decides to bankroll a program based on the musician/druggie dude he was frozen with. The musician shows up to offer “creative input” before running off to do a show on Risa. The banker polishes out the dings the musician left in the program, brings it to a nice PG rating, and Vic is born.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.