Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated March 20)

Now Playing on /1701/tube -

!!! BREAKING NEWS !!! by Lt. Talas - Wed, 20 Jun 2018 18:41:41 EST ID:0Fx1V7H6 No.64967 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1529534501856.jpg -(457248B / 446.53KB, 2070x1380) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 457248
>'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunners Out; Alex Kurtzman to Take Over

"Sources say the decision to oust Berg and Harberts was based not on the creative but instead for leadership and operational issues. Sources say the budget for the season two premiere ballooned, with the overages expected to come out of subsequent episodes from Discovery's sophomore run. Insiders also stress that Berg and Harberts became increasingly abusive to the Discovery writing staff, with Harberts said to have leaned across the writers room table while shouting an expletive at a member of the show's staff. Multiple writers are said to have been uncomfortable working on the series and had threatened to file a complaint with human resources or quit the series altogether before informing Kurtzman of the issues surrounding Berg and Harberts. After hearing rumors of HR complaints, Harberts is said to have made imposing remarks to the staff to keep concerns with the production an internal matter."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-showrunners-alex-kurtzman-take-1120416

>Alex Kurtzman Inks $25M Overall Deal Extension With CBS TV Studios, Will Expand 'Star Trek' TV Franchise

"The new deal comes as rumblings about another Star Trek series, featuring Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Star Trek: The Next Generation's Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, have been getting louder. Sources say Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, who left Discovery after season one, are attached to the Stewart-led reboot. CBS TV Studios declined to confirm the Stewart project as sources say a deal is far from completed and may not happen, despite the fact that the actor recently teased his potential return to the franchise."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/alex-kurtzman-inks-25m-deal-extension-cbs-tv-studios-will-expand-star-trek-tv-franchise-1104232

100,000hrs in mspaint btw
>>
Vash - Wed, 20 Jun 2018 19:21:20 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.64969 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunners Out

>Alex Kurtzman to Take Over

sometimes dead is better
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Wed, 20 Jun 2018 23:26:42 EST ID:dfep+Fqt No.64972 Report Quick Reply
Well at least Scott Buck isn't the showrunner.
>>
Kolo - Thu, 21 Jun 2018 19:07:04 EST ID:HeFO2p/X No.64985 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529622424935.jpg -(118967B / 116.18KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64969
I see your point, but after seeing Discoturd's season 1.5, I have to think literally anyone could do better than this. Most Treks had some kinda showrunner shuffle early on and wound up better for it.
>>
Dmitri Valtane - Tue, 31 Jul 2018 11:36:27 EST ID:IGRqQnml No.65391 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Anybody eagerly awaiting to see what Quentin Tarantino has in store for Trek may have to wait even longer than first expected. According to Simon Pegg, Taratino's idea has been "put in the bank" as Tarantino will be "so busy with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood that [Pegg] can't see him doing it for five or six years."

https://edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/movies/we-might-be-too-old-simon-pegg-says-current-cast-may-not-appear-in-quentin-tarantinos-star-trek/wcm/d1f6c86b-cc0e-4121-8162-8cba1fb3b135

Looks like NuTrek 4 is still on course to tell a time travel tale with George Kirk.
>>
Tallera - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 04:49:12 EST ID:PKki+GTG No.65396 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>"This is not entirely the Spock who has been formed enough to be the Spock that we know from TOS. There's a lot of story about who Spock was before he becomes the Spock that is the yin-yang to Kirk," Kurtzman told TV Guide. "What I'm so excited about is that we have an opportunity to present a version of Spock that's both totally consistent with the Spock everyone knows but very, very different. And it's all gonna tie to how we sync up with canon."

>Spock's appearance on Discovery will be tied to his relationship with his adoptive sister Burnham, who he has never mentioned before in Star Trek canon. Kurtzman previously told us that Season 2 will explain exactly why Spock never brought up Burnham during his time on the USS Enterprise with Kirk and the rest of the gang. And according to Sonequa Martin-Green, it looks like we'll see firsthand some of the reasons why.

>"We're certainly gonna see Spock and we're gonna be exploring those family dynamics," she said. "We're gonna see a lot between them." Added executive producer Heather Kadin, "I think that like any brother or sister, there's love. There's deep wells of stuff. That's what's so great about exploring that relationship, is there's a lot of tricky stuff that we get to dig into." No word yet on who will play the famous Vulcan but we can't wait to see him in action!

>Season 2 also finds Anson Mount headed the series as Captain Pike, the man who helmed the USS Enterprise before Kirk. A teaser for the upcoming season reveals that he'll take over the USS Discovery to face a mysterious new threat that could be tied to Spock. The impending danger will send them all over the galaxy where they'll meet interesting new faces including Tig Notaro's Denise Reno, Chief Engineer of the Federation ship Hiawatha. Plus, Rebecca Romijn is set to play the Enterprise's Number One, a role originally played by Majel Barrett Roddenberry in the TOS pilot.
>>
Nava - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 05:29:30 EST ID:bsMTOC3z No.65397 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533115770359.gif -(3040265B / 2.90MB, 200x170) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65396
>>
Jack - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 10:19:04 EST ID:7laFE9AV No.65399 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65396
Just fuck my canon up, fam.
>>
Miles O'Brien - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 11:12:55 EST ID:3h3rpy1X No.65400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65396

Jesus.
>>
Krax - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 11:48:02 EST ID:jmSOtBOw No.65401 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65397
>>65399
>>65400
It's essentially the same thing as with JJTrek: A rather cynical take on the property, banking on the known names in order to garner media attention and seem relevant to an audience that only knows those names through pop cultural osmosis. Personally, I think that's what lies at the heard of me genuinely taking offense at these reboots. I can't take that entire text seriously, because with how I view the situation, and how it's confirmed by the resulting material, I know it's a lie. And I don't like being lied to for the sake of selling a TV show.

Oh, they'll certainly make a cursory attempt to explain why Spock never mentions her. It's going to take literally five minutes of screentime whenever Spock leaves the show. But we know why Spock is there: To sell the show. And it certainly helps that they've got a nice, simplistic character template that they can use, and which a lot of people who never watched TOS think they know about.

I still don't hate the show. I can't. I don't watch it anymore, and most of it is just bland rather than being offensive in its own right. But it's always there, buzzing annoyingly in the background, with its South Park-esque memberberries bullshit.

>member Spock
>ooohhh! I member Spock!
>Spock was so cool and logical
>I member

Except none of it is about actual nostalgia. It's more like borrowed nostalgia. A pop culture nostalgia for something they don't actually 'member.
>>
K'Ehleyr - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 14:36:43 EST ID:YBVWlpzv No.65402 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533148603111.jpg -(85108B / 83.11KB, 500x379) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65396
>mfw saw this coming a parsec away

The minute they announced that Burnham was Spock's foster sister was the minute I was officially out on STD. The leaked Klingon images had me walking towards the door, but tying the show to TOS so directly made me run for it and lock it behind me.

I'm not usually the type to post that I haven't seen something in a braggadocious way, but I am legitimately glad that I my common sense beat out my brand loyalty and my headcanon is clean of this mess. Bless the fools who want or enjoy this, and shame on anyone who saw that kitbashed hackfuck Enterprise and didn't see this coming.
>>
Minuet - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 14:37:40 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65403 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65396
I can't wait to see who this billion dollar corporation hides behind when nobody spends money on this shit
>>
K'Ehleyr - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 14:56:16 EST ID:YBVWlpzv No.65404 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533149776111.jpg -(149509B / 146.00KB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65403
I'm guessing the version that shows up in Variety will look something like this:

>"Sources from within CBS claim that while Star Trek Discovery did good enough numbers to justify a third season, the show lost its biggest supporter when Les Moonves was forced to step down due to allegations of harrassment."
>>
Kes - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 15:02:17 EST ID:pGW9AzVT No.65405 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65402
They will do what they always do. Blame the hardcore fans for "not giving it a chance" and use it as an excuse to dumb it down even more.

The ONLY time they didn't do this was with TNG and, coincidence I'm sure, that was the show that literally shat money and eclipsed even TOS in terms of success at the time (long-term TOS has remained profitable for longer but this was literally true back then.)
>>
K'Ehleyr - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 15:31:08 EST ID:YBVWlpzv No.65406 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65405
I'd say that's a given, not just considering CBS/Paramount's relationship with Trekkies, but pretty much how all production companies and crew react when the diehards turn on them. Sony before Ghostbusters even had a second trailer. Disney after TLJ. WB after every post-Nolan superhero film that isn't Wonder Woman. And they all pay for it at the box-office: Star Trek Beyond, Ghostbusters, Solo, and Justice League all paid the price, and how much the Trek braintrust lean on that next time will determine how long they'll have to ice the franchise again.
>>
Species 8472 - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 18:18:30 EST ID:4WVh8sFm No.65407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I seriously don't understand how they fucked trek up this badly
>>
Lt. Reginald Barclay - Wed, 01 Aug 2018 20:42:03 EST ID:3h3rpy1X No.65408 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65407
With my tinfoil on it sure is interesting that both Star Trek and Star Wars had their original characters emasculated and destroyed.
>>
Lupaza - Thu, 02 Aug 2018 00:22:21 EST ID:4WVh8sFm No.65409 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65408
I don't really see that being what happened here but if it did happen and I missed it that is secondary to what I'm talking about

I'm talking about the writing in general

it fucking sucks now
>>
Minister Kuvak - Thu, 02 Aug 2018 05:45:49 EST ID:bsMTOC3z No.65411 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533203149200.gif -(513994B / 501.95KB, 200x150) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65409
Completely pulled out my ass but CBS probably hired a bunch of "nerd" "pre-millenial" writers and hacks to make it "fresh and new" but they aren't trekkies and missed the core values/strong writing of TOS/TNG/DS9 and only knew the most basic tropes in mainstream culture and probably haven't watched every episode 37 times like most of us more legit trek fans. I refuse to believe that Discovery writers are actual Star Trek fans, they saw the "best" seasons of a few shows and collabe'd their ideas together and got fucking shit
>you merely adopted the Trek
>I was born in it, molded by it
Fuck them so hard for making me semi-hopeful and then giving laying the biggest dump on my chest I've experienced since Man of Steel
>>
Thrax - Thu, 02 Aug 2018 09:14:50 EST ID:98pvT3H8 No.65412 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65411
>Fuck them so hard for making me semi-hopeful and then giving laying the biggest dump on my chest I've experienced since Man of Steel

I don't know if it isn't just a sign of the times that Superman and Star Trek would have their souls sucked dry. One was a personification of all that was best in humanity, the other a depiction of humanity at its best. They were colorful, moral, and optimistic. Now, both visually and in story and character, they're bland husks. They're just more shit with explosions and fighting.

This is cultural and to me, slightly ominous. We're like the Rapa Nui of Easter Island tipping over the Moai. Our outlook is grim, and we're defacing the totems that embodied our values and aspirations. When the Man of Tomorrow doesn't want to be here and the Final Frontier is barren, what are we telling ourselves?
>>
Fer'at - Thu, 02 Aug 2018 10:23:17 EST ID:pGW9AzVT No.65413 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65412
Superman always sucked though.
>>
Sarpek the Fearless - Thu, 02 Aug 2018 21:56:42 EST ID:+tbanXd3 No.65416 Ignore Report Quick Reply
A sign of the times indeed.
>>
Christine Chapel - Fri, 03 Aug 2018 08:52:49 EST ID:10/1bhm/ No.65417 Ignore Report Quick Reply
STD makes me really sad, like depression-esque so, for this one reason:

When the first half of the show had aired, my dad asked me what I thought of it. I remember him sounding so hopeful because one of the things we bond over is Star Trek. We sometimes watch a re-run episode of TOS/TNG or two while we ate dinner, laughing at the overly dramatic silliness and how Kirk got his freak on with every purdy alien girl that took his fancy, or musing over the decisions that Picard took and whether they were truly for the best. I really wanted to like STD, but when I told him I really didn't like STD, I saw his face drop and the dissapointment in his voice as he gave a small "Oh..."

I didn't think much of it then, and maybe I'm being a little overly dramatic myself, but thinking back it's a splinter in my soul. A distressing twisting splinter.

Fuck you Star Trek Discovery.
>>
Dejar - Fri, 03 Aug 2018 17:56:42 EST ID:zgAwn5Av No.65420 Ignore Report Quick Reply
lol fuck
>>
Emperor Reclaw - Sat, 04 Aug 2018 19:14:08 EST ID:yvh8tkJ7 No.65424 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64967
The Picard show is official.

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/1025841138022805506?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

On the heels of that Spock announcement, I have no expectations and hope to forget that Star Trek continued after 1999 by the time it debuts.
>>
Guinan - Sat, 04 Aug 2018 20:56:23 EST ID:D65nZOLV No.65425 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533430583424.jpg -(8932B / 8.72KB, 150x150) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Now this is what I've wanted for like 15 years.. post Nemesis trek. But what if it's like the X Files? Did you see that shit? Goddamn if it's like that I might cry. But If it could be like Twin Peaks, in preserving at least the general feel/vibe and having most of the original cast. Whereas X Files just shat all over it's original mythology and brought back a guy who has died like 5 different times in the show.
>>
Commander Donatra - Sat, 04 Aug 2018 23:14:43 EST ID:tjULi/TY No.65426 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65425
The x files revival was such a disappointment. I mean I can get why they'd make the mistake, but they seem to think that the defining factor in x files mythology is convolutedness
>>
Borg Queen - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 00:23:42 EST ID:pGW9AzVT No.65427 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65424
Brb committing suicide.
>>
Guinan - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 02:28:55 EST ID:n5Fy+Nss No.65428 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533450535350.jpg -(41451B / 40.48KB, 500x334) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65424
please don't fuck it up
please don't fuck it up
please don't fuck it up
>>
Borg Queen - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 03:01:19 EST ID:pGW9AzVT No.65429 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65428
Are you fucking joking? The fact that this exists is already a travesty. There is no way. Zero chance of any kind. Of this being good. All this does is guarantee that Stewart will be contractually forbidden from performing an actual comeback via The Orville until he is too old or dead.
>>
Temporal Agent Daniels - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 03:48:34 EST ID:HeFO2p/X No.65431 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65429
>>The fact that this exists is already a travesty.
I mean, why? We were hopeful when Discovery was announced. We began to fear it for concrete reasons when we learned about what was planned, and then hated it when those fears were confirmed. But it was a rational response. Dismissing the new show, out of hand, knowing nothing about it other than one attached actor...isn't that going a bit too far in the knee-jerk reaction direction?

Are you just opposed to anything that ever comes out under the label 'Star Trek' again? Don't you know that was the exact attitude many die-hard TOS fans had before TNG was released? Will this new show be TNG? Almost certainly not. But if you stop using reason and just react instinctively and emotionally, you've already missed the point.
>>
Lt. Cmdr. Dexter Remmick - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 05:19:58 EST ID:yvh8tkJ7 No.65434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65431
>Dismissing the new show, out of hand, knowing nothing about it other than one attached actor...isn't that going a bit too far in the knee-jerk reaction direction?

I don't think so. I also wouldn't blame anyone for similarly dismissing a the next Star Wars or Terminator films. If you think the well is poisoned you don't keep going back for a drink.

It isn't all the same as fans' pre-debut disapproval of TNG. The initial reaction to Discovery is more analogous to that. This time, there's the element of not wanting to see the Picard character retroactively diminished that's justified by how pre-existing characters were handled in the TNG films, JJ films, and STD.

The brand is damaged, and I can't blame fans who treat anything Trek with suspicion. I wouldn't call it a "travesty," it's just a show at the end of the day, but I'm not anticipating it at all. Frankly this coupled with the Spock announcement have me ready to just put a bow on Trek before the powers that be fuck up big and ruin one or both of the greatest characters in science fiction.
>>
Mezoti - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 09:22:02 EST ID:d4WzjwHl No.65435 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So is this discovery season 2 or what?
>>
Guinan - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 12:05:13 EST ID:n5Fy+Nss No.65437 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65435
Something else. Maybe THIS is the Tarrantino Trek, and it's not actually a movie but a miniseries. Stewart did say he wanted to be ninvolved in whatever Tarantino was up to.
>>
Robin Lefler - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 12:16:33 EST ID:jmSOtBOw No.65438 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65424
If I'd read about this before DSC, I would have been over the moon. Now, I don't trust it. Patrick Stewart is a terrific actor, and without him Picard wouldn't be the Picard we know. But he was never the only person pulling the cart. In fact, he weighed in on some questionable stuff, like demanding more Action Picard stuff. That scene with the offroad vehicle in Nemesis is because Stewart wanted to drive an offroad vehicle.

So the best I can give it is "we'll see". That's all. They'll make it, I'll watch a few episodes, and I'll see if I like it. But frankly, I expect that I won't.
>>
Chakotay - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 14:01:00 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65439 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65438
> he weighed in on some questionable stuff, like demanding more Action Picard stuff. That scene with the offroad vehicle in Nemesis is because Stewart wanted to drive an offroad vehicle.
this
>>
Ulis - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 15:12:49 EST ID:FBG6/Nxz No.65440 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65437
Simon Pegg said in some Canadian newspaper that Tarantino's idea had been put on the shelf because QT will be too busy with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to get around to directing another film until 2020. Some lady is directing JJTrek 4 and it'll probably be the rumored George Kirk time travel storyline.
>>
Leck - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 16:45:07 EST ID:sBlKNQlx No.65442 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533501907016.png -(108415B / 105.87KB, 292x356) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65438
Yup. He had a lot of influence on Insurrection and look at what we got. I think the ONLY thing that needs to be considered is who is running the show. Discovery had plenty of Berman-Trek people behind the scenes but that didn't do anything to improve the writing. He who holds the pen sets the tone.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 16:58:57 EST ID:7hZAtms2 No.65444 Report Quick Reply
>>65439
Why do you guys have such a problem with the dune buggy scene all the time? I enjoyed it. Trek wouldn't be Trek without SOME action, it's part of being in starfleet. Plus movies always have a different attitude than the series.
>>
Temporal Agent Daniels - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 18:11:56 EST ID:HeFO2p/X No.65445 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65439
>>Thinking Stewart is the cast member to blame for the badness of Nemesis.
That would be Spiner actually. He begged for all the irredeemable qualities of that flick -- the hamfisted retread of Wrath of Khan, the meaningless android swap, Picard freezing and having to be saved like a little bitch at the end...comparatively, the Argo sequence was one of the better parts of that movie.

Anyway, I'm just saying hold your fire until we have concrete facts about the show to dislike. That will make the nerd rage more credible.
>>
Weyoun 4 - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 21:25:47 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.65451 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65445
>Anyway, I'm just saying hold your fire until we have concrete facts about the show to dislike. That will make the nerd rage more credible.

Stop being reasonable. God, some people...
>>
Commander Dolim - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 23:39:16 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65445
>Anyway, I'm just saying hold your fire until we have concrete facts about the show to dislike.
No, the burden is on them. They want me to give them money. I don't owe them a goddamn thing. They start at "this is shit" and they get the opportunity to convince me otherwise if they're lucky.
>>
Subcommander T'Rul - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 01:48:18 EST ID:dbrJKqU1 No.65457 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65442
I dont think Berman can be blamed for that. They were making shit Trek movies at behest of the studios, who only wanted action flicks.

Nevermind the one that wasn't really an action flick, Insurrection was cheap as hell, dumb as fuck and an unremarkable two-parter at its heart. So uh... What I blame Berman for is Insurrection.

It's just fucking sad that there's only one good TNG movie, and First Contact still mischaracterizes Picard completely. It just works because it plays off his big Shakespearean theatre chops.
>>
Jaro Essa - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 12:35:14 EST ID:bsMTOC3z No.65460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533573314473.png -(608332B / 594.07KB, 735x845) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64967
I kept reading
>Berman
as
>Burnham
And couldn't understand how anyone could defend her fucking terrible acting, writing, story, motivarion, etc. I realized my mistake but fuck Berman and Burnham both, neither should ever be in Star trek again.
>>
Robin Lefler - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:10:01 EST ID:sBlKNQlx No.65461 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65457
>First Contact still mischaracterizes Picard completely.
I've always hated that the movie's strongest scene has him doing that wacky NOOO and gun swing to smash the display case. So out of character, so strange. Always takes me out of the moment.
>>
Robin Lefler - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:17:11 EST ID:sBlKNQlx No.65463 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1533575831231.jpg -(517773B / 505.64KB, 1920x2682) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65442
Midnight's Edge After Dark summarizes the announcement and production staff. It's all JJTrek and Discotrek people. All hands, brace for more disappointment.
>>
Robin Lefler - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:17:53 EST ID:sBlKNQlx No.65464 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65463
derp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnVAqBlu6M
>>
Ghee P'Trell - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:35:05 EST ID:pGW9AzVT No.65465 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65460
Though, by most accounts, it was in spite of rather than because of him. Almost all the good Trek ever made has been under Berman's ultimate control.
>>
Ghee P'Trell - Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:37:47 EST ID:pGW9AzVT No.65466 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65461
I actually love that scene because it's so out of character it's like a litmus test for my own mental state. When I watch it and am like "fuck yeah!!! Picard!!!!" I know that I myself am as emotionally compromised and probably behaving as out of character as the good captain was in that scene. It's brought me back from making really, really bad decisions more than once.
>>
Koss - Tue, 07 Aug 2018 01:20:55 EST ID:FgLloLjB No.65474 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65463
But what if I hate their insipid garbage commentary
>>
Lt. Cmdr. Calvin Hudson - Tue, 07 Aug 2018 05:29:28 EST ID:jmSOtBOw No.65476 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65444
The problem isn't the scene itself, it's the fact that it's there because one guy wanted it. Personally, I liked Nemesis in general. It's just an example of the sort of stuff that made it into Trek because Stewart wanted more Action Picard.

The point of that being that Trek was always more than the sum of its parts. There was a lot of synergy between the people who worked on it, so just one guy coming back to reprise his old role won't automatically make it good. I've grown wary of the typical fan type response, partly because I fell for it myself with JJTrek. In the end Stewart is, as Picard points out more than once in TNG, just a man.
>>
Elizabeth Cutler - Sat, 18 Aug 2018 08:34:41 EST ID:IvdYoAJo No.65583 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1534595681391.jpg -(92728B / 90.55KB, 1015x680) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
In related-ish news, Hemsworth and Pine may have dropped out of NuTrek 4. Or maybe it's just negotiating fuckery like Takei pulled on Star Trek V.

Midnight's Edge goes over the details with some of their worst writing yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOys0IusW2U
>>
Leeta - Sat, 18 Aug 2018 11:13:22 EST ID:b2kjICL7 No.65585 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65583 I think the franchise know's it can't lose the main character Pine. It was just a stupid question to make a bludge point with money grips. Once Hemsworth drops it, behind the back they will give it to Pine.
>>
Phlox - Sat, 18 Aug 2018 22:36:30 EST ID:K/3tmpRf No.65588 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65583
Wait when was Hemsworth in NuTrek?
>>
EMH MARK 2 - Sat, 18 Aug 2018 22:42:40 EST ID:hS4/lHYe No.65590 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65588
He's the daddy.

That movie is the reason people confuse Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth. I have no idea where Chris Evans falls into this whole thing but he's definitely involved.

It's a Chris conspiracy.
>>
Syrran - Sun, 19 Aug 2018 12:41:02 EST ID:UjQcX3hV No.65595 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65590
haha.How did I never notice this?
>>
Furel - Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:53:47 EST ID:bsMTOC3z No.65597 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1534730027709.png -(322002B / 314.46KB, 388x518) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65590
Wow I never even realized
Why would they want him back for the next movie though? He dead as fuck, unless they were gunna do dumb time travel bullshit to retconn the other movies. Oh jesus that's what they wanted to do wasn't it
>>
Dr. Yuris - Mon, 20 Aug 2018 18:26:19 EST ID:AmahlLbQ No.65598 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The problem is the didn't want to do dumb time travel just for the sake of having a sweet whale-based san francisco comedy.

They wanted it for the completely cynical reason that Chris Hemsworth is fucking Thor.

But because Chris Hemsworth is fucking Thor, and Pine ain't no slouch either, they can't afford to make the movie.

Excuse my while I laugh hysterically.
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 02:06:49 EST ID:pA4PLfmO No.65599 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65597
Keep in mind that when Hemsworth was in Star Trek 2009, that was pre-Thor...aka pre-Marvel.

Now he has major name recognition they were hoping to get him back somehow, and I guess doing time travel nonsense was the way to do it. There is a pretty good Mirror's Edge video about it, stating that the whole point of announcing JJ Trek 4: The Search For More Money was all about, surprise-surprise, securing investor money. The movie isn't going to get made, though. Hemsworth and Pine both do not wanna do it unless they get good paychecks from it, and the studio was like 'hey how about we pay you less and you do it anyways' and they were like 'lol no'.
>>
Corporal R Richards - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 15:24:38 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65613 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65599
iirc that was like how the TNG movies stopped in part because Patrick Stewart was like "sorry bro, but they pay me ten times what you do to yell at the same green screen and I just say "xmen" instead of "federation""
>>
Jack - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:56:29 EST ID:kNtOvOLM No.65668 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64967

>CBS Accused of Plagiarism Over ‘Star Trek: Discovery’

"Indie developer Anas Abdin cites several similarities between “Star Trek: Discovery” and his game Tardigrades, a point-and-click adventure game that featured a giant blue tardigrade that could instantaneously transport people across the galaxy. Abdin says he posted the game in 2014 on Steam Greenlight, a website that lets developers post early versions of games to gain feedback from players."

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/cbs-accused-of-plagiarism-over-star-trek-discovery/
>>
Dr. Denara Pel - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 14:30:49 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65670 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65668
so not only was it fucking stupid, but it wasn't even original?
oh this shitheap just keeps getting better
>>
Karyn Archer - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 18:10:05 EST ID:HeFO2p/X No.65671 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65668
That's fucking awesome omg
>>
Emperor Kahless - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 19:14:13 EST ID:bsMTOC3z No.65677 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1535411653165.png -(97944B / 95.65KB, 223x334) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65668
LOL
get fucked CBS just learn your lesson and stop Discovery, you haven't done that much damage we can fix it up but let Discovery go man everything about it is bad
>>
Yourgay !!B+25HAZd - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 20:44:46 EST ID:1na4II5F No.65678 Ignore Report Quick Reply
test
>>
Captain Paul Rice - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 22:29:18 EST ID:l5TvN503 No.65679 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65668
The dev will probably lose the suit probably since he's just some little guy going against CBS, which is sad. I hope he wins though because the evidence is pretty clear.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Mon, 27 Aug 2018 23:02:07 EST ID:7hZAtms2 No.65680 Report Quick Reply
>>65668
I thought Paul Stamets came up with the idea or something.
>>
Legate Kell - Tue, 28 Aug 2018 09:45:23 EST ID:Bp22/8YR No.65682 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65680
Nope. They just used his name for mushroom recognition points with the hip and trendy.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Tue, 28 Aug 2018 12:30:48 EST ID:L/B0hL6r No.65683 Report Quick Reply
>>65682
Oh. Cuz I remember him on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about coming up with the idea for the writing staff and then saying he wished he'd been an actual part of it so he'd get some money instead of just helping them for free just for fun.
>>
Hikaru Sulu - Wed, 05 Sep 2018 04:53:33 EST ID:PKki+GTG No.65726 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>“You shouldn’t worry that it is going to be full of obscenity and stuff. He wants an R-rating to really make those beats of consequence land. If it’s not PG, if someone gets sucked out into space, which we have all seen before, we might see them get disemboweled first” explained Urban. “To me, that was always one of the things I loved about what [original Doctor McCoy actor] DeForest Kelley did. He would actually capture the horror of space. That look in his eyes of sheer terror always struck me when I was a kid.”

cbr.com/tarantinos-star-trek-wont-shy-away-horror/
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Wed, 05 Sep 2018 13:52:13 EST ID:pA4PLfmO No.65729 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65679
There is a Midnight's Edge video about it, there are ALOT of similarities between the two....however if you factor in the time it takes to write a script, build the sets involved and film, and the fact this guy was involved with it at almost the exact same time he made that game, it's quite possible he made that game just to try and get some money out of CBS.

But anyway, here's the ME video that came out a week about about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTfAb9Yrz_c
>>
Tuvok - Mon, 10 Sep 2018 08:48:59 EST ID:Bp22/8YR No.65760 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Now that moonves has been fired, will STD get any better?
>>
Rekelen - Mon, 10 Sep 2018 09:08:06 EST ID:V7km0UnK No.65761 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65760
It won't make it worse, if anything.
>>
Jonathan Archer - Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:51:39 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65762 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65760
>will STD get any better?
it had better, I'm tired of taking these damn antibiotics
>>
Darlene Kursky - Mon, 24 Sep 2018 01:14:24 EST ID:XDW5bi0r No.65840 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>ferengi show up to piss off the WRITERS
I get the show wasn't as bad as it could've been, but INSTANTLY they try to wring every penny out of people who may want to do something decent.

>Patrick Stewart again
Let him die already. Maybe it would be better if it shows him old and doddering, from the alternate timeline, where he was a pussy and only made it to Captain when he's almost to retirement.
>>
Ghee P'Trell - Mon, 08 Oct 2018 23:41:23 EST ID:6W7JURQE No.65964 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1539056483631.jpg -(46566B / 45.47KB, 1247x527) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
SPOCKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Kirayoshi O'Brien - Mon, 08 Oct 2018 23:46:29 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.65965 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65840
ACROSS THE ALPHA QUADRANT AND BEYOND THERE IS A SINGLE FORCE, DRIVEN BY PROFIT, AROUND WHICH ALL FERENGI CIRCLE: THE GRAND NAGUS. A DARING FEW WITH THE LOBES AND LACK OF SENSE ATTEMPT TO RIDE THE CURRENTS OF CURRENCY THAT FLOW IN HIS WAKE, BUT BEWARE, LATINUM SEEKERS! THE WAVES YOU RIDE WILL ONE DAY CONSUME YOU...
>>
Spot - Tue, 09 Oct 2018 16:07:57 EST ID:V7km0UnK No.65971 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65964
*round face*

these sons of bitches even WATCH TOS?
>>
Former Gul Rusot - Tue, 09 Oct 2018 20:57:12 EST ID:zgAwn5Av No.65973 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65964
lol
>>
Minister Kuvak - Thu, 11 Oct 2018 17:54:20 EST ID:QGaFhdtZ No.65979 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65964
looks like ashton kutcher to me
>>
Krax - Mon, 12 Nov 2018 15:00:17 EST ID:6SnRY+E2 No.66246 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1542052817076.png -(30736B / 30.02KB, 92x143) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64967
Over budget? Hire new showrunner for $25M.

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.