Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Dank me up, Thottie

- Tue, 10 May 2022 11:58:36 EST fQT/UJlg No.72195
File: 1652198316524.jpg -(382228B / 373.27KB, 1392x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Dank me up, Thottie
One of the most unrealistic things about Star Trek is that Starfleet isn't full of habitual, recreational drug users. Like I don't expect Picard to be blazing up in the captain's chair, but the Enterprise is perhaps the galaxy's highest concentration of nerds with virtually unlimited access to some of the most sophisticated chemical synthesizers in the federation. You can't possibly expect me to believe that a bunch of chem majors are just going to get off a twelve hour shift where they've been at the mercy of a gigantic space face or staring down a fleet of klingons or whatever and then be like "welp, guess I'll hit the gym!" No way dude. It's the 24th century and this fucker has like 12 degrees in astrochemistry. He's going straight back to his room to cook some shit in his closet and before his next shift he's going to have psychic powers or be able to see parallel timelines or some shit, and have a great time doing it.
>>
Sarina Douglas - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:02:30 EST pMSSiQ3e No.72199 Reply
My theory is that officers are strongly encouraged to keep that shit low-key. Remember that episode where Broccoli hooked himself up to the holo deck, and took over the ship? Well, that shit tends to look bad on one’s resume. Most officers do that shit, but keep it super sly. I am pretty sure Broccoli got his ass moved to Earth because he got too high at work.
>>
Sarina Douglas - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:03:22 EST pMSSiQ3e No.72200 Reply
>>72195
My theory is that officers are strongly encouraged to keep that shit low-key. Remember that episode where Broccoli hooked himself up to the holo deck, and took over the ship? Well, that shit tends to look bad on one’s resume. Most officers do that shit, but keep it super sly. I am pretty sure Broccoli got his ass moved to Earth because he got too high at work.
>>
Guinan - Wed, 11 May 2022 02:30:54 EST TrmGA9Zd No.72201 Reply
1652250654396.jpg -(91978B / 89.82KB, 898x673) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>72195
Why do you think I was on the ship? Why Picard had some kind of weird relationship with me he didn't want to talk about? Let's just put it this way- you can't get everything from a replicator. Sometimes you need to be a good listener to find unusual items. Guinan was just Picard's dealer, low key
>>
Helena Rozhenko - Thu, 12 May 2022 03:05:17 EST LaOiaDX1 No.72205 Reply
12 hour shifts, barely any time for drugs. It would be like living my past 20 years, bake non stop when I get home and live in a waking nightmare everyday at work till I'm a little more coherent at the end of the day, ready for more drugs..
>>
Latha Mabrin - Thu, 12 May 2022 22:38:51 EST TTcXb8JG No.72206 Reply
>>72195
It's pretty clear that most don't even drink, since synthahol is a roddenbery cop-out that basically has no serious intoxicating effects, so it's consistent there if a bit unrealistic TOS addresses this more sensibly. Presumably though what you do in your time off-duty is up to you, contingent on your rank and responsibilities leaving you on call (the captain can likely never afford to get intoxicated short of official leave off-ship, if you're a lowly ensign who cares).
>>
Donik - Fri, 13 May 2022 20:18:49 EST MVI22RRQ No.72207 Reply
>>72195

Especially considering they are military to some extent or degree. I can't imagine nobody would at least invent a still.
>>
Odo - Sat, 14 May 2022 20:23:34 EST THvuuI2p No.72210 Reply
12 hour shifts it would be like my week at work, get baked till I drop then spend the next day at work in a waking nightmare till it wears off by the end of day then time for more drugs.
>>
Roger Lemli - Sun, 22 May 2022 05:34:34 EST eyZV9uc9 No.72215 Reply
>>72195
I'm sure the stock answer is that they get high off life, new experiences, better the human condition bla blah. I don't buy that, but I also don't buy the idea that Sisko would be an insufferable stoner, or Picard a sesh gremlin.

tbh I think the Orville handles illicit substances well, people get stoned and drunk et cetera, but they are not obsessed with getting high.
>>
Roger Lemli - Sun, 22 May 2022 05:34:54 EST eyZV9uc9 No.72216 Reply
I'm sure the stock answer is that they get high off life, new experiences, better the human condition bla blah. I don't buy that, but I also don't buy the idea that Sisko would be an insufferable stoner, or Picard a sesh gremlin.

tbh I think the Orville handles illicit substances well, people get stoned and drunk et cetera, but they are not obsessed with getting high.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.