Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Section 31

- Fri, 17 Jun 2022 01:56:28 EST fQT/UJlg No.72241
File: 1655445388515.jpg -(17391B / 16.98KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Section 31
Is it really plausible that there could have been a super secret federation spy agency that absolutely NO ONE knew about operating in the dark all the way back since the Federation was founded? Especially when there are obviously people at Starfleet Command and The Federation Council which are apparently in on it. I'm sure the Tal Shiar or Obsidian Order would have had to have had SOME idea that there was a shadowy cabal at work within the Federation, especially when you've got Starfleet goody goodies like Bashir running around which would blab about it the first chance they get.
>>
Emperor Reclaw - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 02:06:35 EST LeuwNIoa No.72242 Reply
The idea of section 31 never made sense to me in a universe like trek, in a universe that's supposed to potray how enlightened humanity was from the past where even the starfleet being officially a "miltiary" is still portrayed as more of a science expedition that an actual standing military. it makes no sense why starfleet wouldn't be more miltiaristic or even the federation as a whole be like the terran empire if a shadowy militaristic cabal is even able to exist in the same ranks and society as it, It's a contradiction.
>>
Emperor Reclaw - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 02:10:18 EST LeuwNIoa No.72243 Reply
>>72242
But basically, yes OP, I agree with the sentiment.
>>
Arne Darvin - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 19:51:16 EST TTcXb8JG No.72244 Reply
>>72241
Any conspiracy over a certain number of participants tends to get discovered eventually. Section 31 is both large and long-running (so multiply the number of people * time it's been around) so it's likely rumours of it at least are known about in the higher ranks of other powers, but then they'd just think that was normal for any galactic power and it'd confirm their belief (right or wrong) that the Federation is just another Empire but with good PR. We know it's been around since ENT times at least.
>>
Chulak - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 16:07:21 EST mw1AnnTr No.72245 Reply
>>72241
The probability is high. Nobody knew about how bad Guantanamo until families complained. Any investigation was squashed as national security. You don't think S31 would have directed public opinion?

They probably infiltrated the Orion Syndicate thinking about it... as a front to get others to do their dirty work.
>>
Nurse Alyssa Ogawa - Mon, 20 Jun 2022 15:59:01 EST fQT/UJlg No.72248 Reply
>>72245
>They probably infiltrated the Orion Syndicate thinking about it... as a front to get others to do their dirty work.

An intriguing hypothesis.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.