>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 10)
My two cents Ignore Report Reply
Reuben Clocklecocke - Sat, 13 Apr 2019 19:00:59 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.253932
File: 1555196459158.jpg -(87787B / 85.73KB, 800x708) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 87787
Hey, everybody's throwin in theirs, so here's mine
People take the bans and shit too personally so that's the big prob in this discussion
We don't want invaders or low-quality losers, but we have to tolerate some degree of low-quality content and contribution and activity in order to maintain enough traffic to keep the site running
The well-intentioned effort to eliminate low-quality content fell into a trap by competing websites that realized this place was the most attractive spot for a large amount of young people
But, the effort got out of control and a lot of core contributors and loyal peeps got banned and the general impression that everybody was welcome became lost, and then people stopped coming in as many numbers
The way back is to somehow attract the right target demographc while directing the low-quality content and users into dead-ends, outsmarting and outwitting insincere efforts by competing websites is especially key

Good luck and I hope it comes back like a phoenix
>>
Kirtaner !Ub4TCdRjOM - Sat, 13 Apr 2019 19:40:55 EST ID:3YIWwGfJ No.253936 Report Reply
Right on most points.

Nothing wrong with a little controversy here and there but it’s a balancing act and containment boards like /pol/ do not work.
>>
Esther Worthinggold - Sat, 13 Apr 2019 20:23:36 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.253937 Ignore Report Reply
>>253936
This is a really difficult requirements engineering problem. The expectation that you could solve it using a canned solution is bunk, you will necessarily have to get creative.
>>
Archie Commleshaw - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 00:53:44 EST ID:+WsivnQG No.253941 Ignore Report Reply
Does anyone even stop posting after being banned anymore? It’s like you just restart your phone lol
>>
Eugene Bibblebanks - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 10:35:33 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.253952 Ignore Report Reply
1555252533524.jpg -(45090B / 44.03KB, 630x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253932
You don't have to be a 4chins invader or make low quality posts to get banned. That's the problem. Public enemy number one is anyone who either criticises the mods or just rubs them the wrong way in some extremely vague fashion that depends entirely on their whims and mood.

When someone comes here after Spunky bans them because he just kinda felt like it and you have like 10 different shitposters screeching shit like 'you deserved it', 'u mad' and 'just fuck off if you don't like it', that's the problem. These people are the real shitposters here and they never get banned because they're always on the side of the mods whenever they fuck up. We can all agree that nobody wants /pol/tards or retarded low-effort 4chins posters, you're just deflecting whenever you act like the victim of some shithead mod power trip is one of them though.

This isn't a difficult problem to fix. Just ban the people who make the site shittier (yes, that includes the weird syophant shitposters that hang around these parts too) and don't ban people who do nothing wrong. Demod anyone who abuses their power. It's as simple as that. If it needs to be even simpler, come up with a more concise set of rules that don't leave it entirely up the discretion of the mods to ban whoever they like for whatever petty reasons they can fabricate.

That's not actually ever going to happen, but I'm just throwing it out there in case push comes to shove and not treating the site's users like absolute shit becomes more valuable than being childish and spiteful for cheap kicks.
>>
Barnaby Puttingridge - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 10:42:49 EST ID:BMI+5lfP No.253953 Ignore Report Reply
1555252969033.png -(77383B / 75.57KB, 196x192) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253952
>You don't have to be a 4chins invader or make low quality posts to get banned. That's the problem. Public enemy number one is anyone who either criticises the mods or just rubs them the wrong way in some extremely vague fashion that depends entirely on their whims and mood

a thousand times this. May God have mercy on your soul if you're retarded enough to actually try appealing on IRC.

I can't wait to see this site get shutdown. It sucks for all of us ancientfags but I know not having superficial power to lord over people will hurt Kirt and the mods more than it will hurt any of us functional human beings
>>
Wesley Branninglock - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 10:56:06 EST ID:YcJjALzH No.253954 Ignore Report Reply
>>253953
If you dont fucking like it, get the fuck of the website.
>>
Eugene Bibblebanks - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:13:21 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.253955 Ignore Report Reply
>>253954
Oh stop whinging you little lick-arse. Also I posted in this thread before seeing Kirt's reply to me in the donate thread on /b/. Seems like he finally understands what's wrong with letting the mods ban people on a whim. Hopefully he stays true to his word and we don't have them power tripping and alienating actual decent posters anymore. And hopefully that'll mean weird little trolls like you will have a very sudden and very convenient change of heart too. Just like you people did after Kirt told latex guy to fuck off.
>>
Molly Femmerdodging - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:15:12 EST ID:vN8m21hp No.253956 Ignore Report Reply
>>253955
None of this shit matters because the website is going to die if we don’t help Kirt out.
>>
Wesley Branninglock - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:26:19 EST ID:YcJjALzH No.253957 Ignore Report Reply
1555255579939.png -(906299B / 885.06KB, 1086x568) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253955
>Kirt replies to his post
>Already powertripping

I'm with you, Spunky and his gang of trolls did far more harm than good and he should've been fired a long time ago. And not to forget, the only reason we are in this situation is because Kirt wants to powertrip. He literally refused donations for three years because he didn't want to feel like he owes us anything and look how that turned out. But if you think you're going to feel better when the site is gone than i got news for you buddy, the only place you got to go to is circlejerk and the future and both are far worse than this shit. You have no say in anything and there is no sense of the community that we have here. So you better donate cause all of this wont mean much if we dont hit the target by may 14th.
>>
Eugene Bibblebanks - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 11:30:45 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.253958 Ignore Report Reply
>>253957
Nothing you just typed had anything to do with what I said.
>>
Rebecca Fivingford - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 12:38:33 EST ID:jvZDh4kP No.253961 Ignore Report Reply
>>253957
>the spunky boogeyman trotted out yet again
Stay mad shitposter
>>
Wesley Bellerworth - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 15:28:26 EST ID:lmC2Q29U No.253964 Ignore Report Reply
>>253956
And nothing of value would be lost
>>
John Mallerville - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 15:50:08 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.253969 Ignore Report Reply
Imagine using the patreon as an excuse to bitch about the mods for the thousandth time, acting like they're the reason you're not gonna donate, when everyone knows your ass wasn't gonna do it in the first place.
>>
William Gebblewater - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 16:03:38 EST ID:PnaFTXE4 No.253970 Ignore Report Reply
>>253969
This donation idea is an invitation for criticism. You don't get financial investment without policy investment.
>>
Esther Worthinggold - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:27:40 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.253976 Ignore Report Reply
1555277260370.jpg -(148110B / 144.64KB, 955x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253941
I was banned and am also now a donator, so idgaf about any of this, just want this to come back to happiness and SLAYER
>>
Molly Wazzlecocke - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:29:28 EST ID:l+m4yiCE No.253978 Ignore Report Reply
>but we have to tolerate some degree of low-quality content and contribution and activity in order to maintain enough traffic to keep the site running

this is the key point that a lot of people don't get. they want the board to be perfect but a perfect board means that paradoxically, the quality of oc goes down, because you gotta crack a few eggs before you make a omelette.
>>
John Mallerville - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:45:28 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.253979 Ignore Report Reply
>>253978
There's a difference in letting one or two bad posters like you stick around & letting an entire gaggle of fuckwits shit up the boards.
For the most part, I'd argue this place has struck a nice balance in that regard.
>>
Eugene Bibblebanks - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:54:19 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.253981 Ignore Report Reply
1555278859524.jpg -(24688B / 24.11KB, 400x311) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253969
Baaawwwwwww. Cry more you little faggot. You people are the reason there's nobody left who cares enough about the site to donate. As it turns out, if you sacrifice actual good posters for toxic sycophants like you, it tends to kinda totally ruin the site's atmosphere and create a general sentiment of cynicism towards the people in charge. Funny how that works. Only now is Kirt finally realising the damage that he's done by enabling the mods to be the biggest cunts they can possibly be and, in turn, make everyone else suffer the trickle down effect of absolute shitheads like you who believe yourselves to be in good company.

Congratulations. Now fuck off somewhere else and let the ship sink in peace. Your cancer has already spread far enough. I'm sure there's plenty of subleddits presided over by power-tripping narcissists who'd love to have you run damage control for them as they cannibalise the place they're supposed to be taking care of.

You're fucking scum and even the people who you're sucking up to aren't going to defend you now.
>>
John Mallerville - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:57:35 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.253982 Ignore Report Reply
>>253981
>Cry more
Which one is going on a paragraph-long tirade about something he was likely never gonna do regardless?
>>
Eugene Bibblebanks - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 17:59:03 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.253983 Ignore Report Reply
>>253982
Yeah keep bitching. Nobody gonna pat you on the head for it. Hope you had fun ruining the site for everyone else though.
>>
Hedda Chiggleville - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 20:02:03 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.253984 Ignore Report Reply
>>253981
> You people are the reason there's nobody left who cares enough about the site to donate.
>nobody left

>literally two days in and already 1/3th of the way of monthly donations filled

And I haven't even bothered setting up my monthly donation.
>>
Hannah Punnerstet - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 22:36:19 EST ID:+1jI88F7 No.253990 Ignore Report Reply
>>253981
Not everyone you've been raging at is even coming across as asskissers. They might also just be tired of seeing your angry walls of text, or they just don't agree with your take. You seem to have a real vendetta so maybe you don't have the most objective take on this.

I'm not even completely dismissing your complaints. Rule enforcement has been inconsistent. I've been banned for something that I know would not always get a ban. I probably just rubbed that mod the wrong way in that one post. I never appealed so I don't know how bad that process is. It shouldn't work that way, and if everything was perfect you wouldn't have to worry if posting something is likely to get you banned, it should be obvious.

All that said, how bad is the problem really? What portion of the bans that happen are wrongful convictions? I have my own anecdotes from the few boards I browse, but it's probably not a very complete picture. I mostly stay in /mtv/, /vg/, and a couple other media boards so maybe that's why this seems blown out of proportion to me.

>As it turns out, if you sacrifice actual good posters for toxic sycophants like you, it tends to kinda totally ruin the site's atmosphere

Is the number of wrongfully banned quality posters actually so high it has changed the atmosphere of the site, or are you just mad?
>>
Martha Muffingfuck - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 01:09:47 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.253993 Ignore Report Reply
>>253981
I've been here since 2007 and have only ever seen a handful of bans I didn't agree with

in fact I'd like to have seen a few more bans

also people like you tend to fall into 3 categories, /pol/tards, fetish spammers, and anime roleplayers

which one were you?
>>
Oliver Tootworth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:19:01 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.254003 Ignore Report Reply
1555337941659.jpg -(33447B / 32.66KB, 355x355) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253990
>Not everyone you've been raging at is even coming across as asskissers.
Protip: when someone says something to the effect of "just fuck off if you don't like power tripping mods, we don't want you here", they're an asskisser.

> I mostly stay in /mtv/, /vg/, and a couple other media boards so maybe that's why this seems blown out of proportion to me.
That's exactly why it seems blown out of proportion to you. Those boards are less populated and it's mostly the more active boards that see a lot of mod power abuse. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you weren't here for the latex guy bullshit, right? Because the most cancerous mods totally exposed themselves during that whole fiasco.

>>253993
>also people like you tend to fall into 3 categories, /pol/tards, fetish spammers, and anime roleplayers
Lol, speaking of the latex saga. You do realise latex guy, the alpha fetish spammer, was given massively preferential treatment by the mods for several months right? Just entirely out of spite for the userbase. Basically the mindset was "everyone's complaining about him, fuck them, let's keep him around just to piss them off because they're not in our little IRC clique". They were literally banning people for reporting him. They were banning people for complaining about his spamming and then banning people for telling the mods to stop purposefully enabling him.

And as far as /pol/tards go, Jericho and Mintzs both went out of their way not to ban blatant /pol/tards posting here during the latex guy thing. Again, out of pure spite for the people rightfully criticising them (because the same people who wanted the mods to stop acting like shitheads also wanted the /pol/tards to fuck off, can't have that). And the suckup trolls like you suddenly went silent when they did it. All people like you are doing is transferring the blame from the mods to the posters who actually give a shit about the site and don't want to see it ruined with their bullshit.

You do realise Kirt actually agrees with me here right? He has, greatly to his credit, admitted that the mods have been fucking up by acting like this and wants to try to change it. You're not in good company anymore. Go sabotage some other website.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:40:34 EST ID:OrM762xw No.254004 Report Reply
>>254003
I still feel retarded as fuck about my lack of actions on latex after that first webm thread. It's one of those things that pops in my head randomly the same way a joke that didn't land like 10 years ago pops in one's head late at night. You can keep thinking I am garbage, but I'm still sorry.
>>
Oliver Tootworth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:51:15 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.254005 Ignore Report Reply
>>254004
Nah Therm0, I don't think you're garbage. You're one of the good ones as far as I'm concerned. You weren't the one going on ban rampages during that whole debacle. As far as I can recall, I never seen you abusing your power or acting petty or anything like that. I can see why you wouldn't want to rock the boat by doing something about latex guy when there was a big push by a lot of the other mods to keep him around just to shit on the users. And it wasn't entirely black and white either as far as the rules were concerned.

It's my bad for just talking about 'the mods' like they're some monolithic entity. I'm only criticising the ones that act like/have acted like assholes (even if that is a pretty sizable chunk of the mods in general). You shouldn't feel bad about it, it wasn't you orchestrating the whole thing. If more of the mods were like you the site would be a more chill place.
>>
Esther Sizzleforth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 10:58:32 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.254006 Ignore Report Reply
>>254003
You're not exactly proving people wrong here
>>
Oliver Tootworth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:00:44 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.254007 Ignore Report Reply
>>254006
Great counter argument there.
>>
Samuel Breffingshit - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:22:14 EST ID:i16w9q+x No.254008 Ignore Report Reply
1555341734871.jpg -(242487B / 236.80KB, 661x716) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>253932
Couldn't be more right OP. I've been coming here since the site was just a placeholder page. I make quality OC (pic related) and contributions. My thread portfolio database is unwieldy. And I've been permabanned for using a screenshot from a different chan. That in itself was bad, but the few times I come back, no matter what I post or how much people like it, I get dogpiled with demands I go back to the future or even get my threads locked.

Perfect example is the smoking meth on a bus thread I made a couple days ago. There was no reason for it and it just reinforced my desire to not return here. I typed out a thoughtful reply to the Yang thread yesterday and got my post blocked because I said some no-no word. It's so annoying and I didn't bother retyping the entire thing. I'm only still browsing this site right now because it seems like it might disappear forever soon. I'm not finding very interesting people here anymore though. It's certainly too tribalist for my taste now. Maybe most of the net is like that these days. In any case this place has stopped feeling like my internet home. Apparently many others feel the same way.

All good things must come to an end. 15 years is a damn good run. For what it's worth, I'll always refer to him as the Feels Good Man Frog.
>>
>>
Kirtaner !Ub4TCdRjOM - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:25:38 EST ID:3YIWwGfJ No.254009 Report Reply
>>254008
I'm cleaning out the frog blast list. It's several thousand spam domains with a handful of dozens of badly considered ones that block some natural sentence formations. It'll take me a bit but

>post blocked because I said some no-no word.

This shouldn't happen anymore.
>>
Cyril Blorringshit - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:31:16 EST ID:TvM/R5f0 No.254010 Ignore Report Reply
Who is and who isn’t a mod anymore as of right now? doesnt deserve its own thread.
>>
Hannah Punnerstet - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 12:44:50 EST ID:+1jI88F7 No.254012 Ignore Report Reply
>>254003
>Protip: when someone says something to the effect of "just fuck off if you don't like power tripping mods, we don't want you here", they're an asskisser.
A couple of the guys you went after on /b/ seemed like they were just asking for examples. Which seemed reasonable to me, but as you've pointed out my perspective is probably different because I frequent slower boards. They might have been arguing in bad faith.

It seems like I've had it wrong this whole time. I thought it was all good and there were just a lot of sour grapes in here. I would come here and see people complain, but most of the replies would confirm that they're blowing the problems out of proportion.

I saw parts of the latex guy fiasco unfold here in /420/, and I knew exactly who everyone was talking about, so the spamming must have been pretty prolific. I didn't get the full picture on mod abuse, but it sounds like a major fuck up.

At least it seems like kirt is taking it seriously and changes are happening fast.
>>
Hugh Brepperfane - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 12:47:42 EST ID:dxRlY2E9 No.254013 Ignore Report Reply
1555346862871.jpg -(52796B / 51.56KB, 580x290) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254009
Fuck yeah man! Don't get me wrong, I think the cat planets are hilarious. SJW -> well-rounded decent individual for instance was a stroke of genius. But actually preventing posting for anything other than outright spam has always irked me. The fact that longer posts are necessarily more likely to get frog blasted, and that it's the only post error page type that doesn't save your text, exacerbates the frustration.
>>
Henry Dattingcocke - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 12:59:44 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.254014 Ignore Report Reply
>>254013
cat planets are a great example of a novel means of outwitting an insincere participant. While by no means enough to ensure survival indefinitely, it is things like this that would mystify a frogboi agitator and amuse desirable contributors.
>>
Samuel Buzzforth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:06:39 EST ID:zeEQkhEk No.254015 Ignore Report Reply
Generally I think there should be less tone-policing. I made a post once about "meme police" and it was deleted. I've been banned for something similar(Npc meme). I stopped visiting for nearly a year because of these kinds of behavior. Now you're asking for money. So be careful how you make your bed.

I don't think you need to ban wrongthinkers. Just ban people who make the site difficult to navigate. It's easy to ascribe "pol" to people who disagree with you but some amount of public policy and economics discussion is inevitable on this site.

The people I don't like are ones that try to break the site, or flood, or make shitty Jeffery threads or post walls of schizo shit with no line breaks. Also why does b need webm or porn threads?

If someone says something I don't like I can hide the thread or ignore the poster. I don't need a teenage mod with their back up running roughshod over people trying to have conversations. Err on the side of under moderating; this is an anime/drug/rasslin site after all.
>>
Esther Sizzleforth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:11:28 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.254016 Ignore Report Reply
>>254007
Every single time someone gives you a counterargument, you sperg out about it being "IRC asskissers," sycophants or other nonsense.

The modding on this site isn't perfect, but quite frankly, the idea that mods are acting like tyrants is ludicrous.
>>
Barnaby Brondlefoot - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:37:48 EST ID:l+m4yiCE No.254017 Ignore Report Reply
>>254016
>the idea that mods are acting like tyrants is ludicrous.

by definition they are. there is a list of 420chan rules, but there are countless bans, thread and post deletions that never broke a rule, just fell foul of a mod's sensibility.
>>
Albert Nubblechone - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:40:59 EST ID:9KJFXIHB No.254018 Ignore Report Reply
>>254017
Those are fairly well covered by rules 4, 9, 13 and 14.
Looking at the list of rules I notice that rule 12 isn't actually a rule as such.
>>
Martha Muffingfuck - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:51:49 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254019 Ignore Report Reply
>>254003
>You do realise latex guy, the alpha fetish spammer, was given massively preferential treatment
see

>>253993
>in fact I'd like to have seen a few more bans
>>
Martha Muffingfuck - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:56:05 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254020 Ignore Report Reply
>>254015
>I've been banned for something similar(Npc meme).

as you should have, that is the literal definition of /pol/shit
>>
Oliver Tootworth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:43:34 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.254023 Ignore Report Reply
>>254016
So basically you don't actually have a counter argument because you can't dispute anything that I said (which is all true). If you actually had a leg to stand on here you'd be able to do more than just make bitchy little passive-agressive comments like you've been doing for the entire thread. The only ludicrous idea here is the idea that a segment of the mod team haven't been abusing the fuck out of their power for years. Even Kirt has recognised that this shit actually happened so you can stop denying the reality of the situation.

You have nobody left to suck up to anymore. Take your cancerous behaviour elsewhere. Your low effort shitposts would fit in a lot better over on 4chins. I'm sure your pro-authoritarian bootlicking would make you pretty popular with the /pol/tards too.

>>254019
Wow, you wanted to see latex guy banned. Good for you. That doesn't refute anything I said. You're claiming that a good chunk of the people who complain about the mods are fetish spammers. But when latex guy was doing his thing, this board was filled with people complaining about the mods for purposefully letting him shit up /b/ on purpose and then banning anyone who spoke up a little too loud for their liking. So it's the exact opposite of what you're saying in that case. The people were complaining about the fetish spammer. So there goes that idiotic idea. I suppose, even if you wanted latex to get the banhammer, you were perfectly okay with all the unjust bans Spunky and Jericho doled out to the posters who also wanted something to be done about him?

All you're doing here is shifting the blame from the corrupt mods that took part in this to the people who rightfully gave them shit for it.
>>
Rebecca Ceddlenane - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:47:48 EST ID:93Fj9JEY No.254024 Ignore Report Reply
>>254020
You can argue this, but as I pointed out, it's pretty hard to separate political discussion from say economics or ethics. So how wide is the pol banhammer? AOC has been mentioned lots on this site without people getting banned. What if I mention Ben Shapiro? How about Marx or King or Trump or Trudeau? Can we discuss monetary policy or civil rights? Taxation? Donations to *chans?

How about discard all these moving goalposts and just warn/ban clearly shitty posters. Good luck separating pol from everything else in a favorable and unbiased way.
>>
Martha Muffingfuck - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 17:12:55 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254026 Ignore Report Reply
>>254024
I get what you're saying man but we've also seen what happens when we do ease up on this and that is people flood in and start making every random thread a political discussion that just devolves into "owning lib/conserve-tards" "le epic memees kekek" type bullshit and the fact that this shit isn't tolerated here is one of the main things keeping this site from turning into the abortion clinic dumpster fire that the rest of the internet has become

just because we're high doesn't mean we've forgotten how horrible the /pol/shit got before the banhammers started coming down hard and if it means keeping this site the gem that it is then I don't mind just taking my discussion of those topics elsewhere

why do you HAVE to use 420chan to talk about your politics? Why can you not just separate that one aspect of your life from this website when literally everywhere else is a discussion of those things these days?

basically tl'dr: political discussion always turns into a shitfest online, so for the sake of this site why can you not just leave that shit on every other website ever
>>
Hugh Mendleville - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 17:50:29 EST ID:nxbxDh6M No.254029 Ignore Report Reply
1555365029522.jpg -(1190809B / 1.14MB, 2592x1458) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254026
The problem is that politics are pervasive. You start talking about economics, or ethics, or wars, or anything really, and politics tie in. As someone else pointed out, the /pol/ banhammer is immeasurable. At the top page of /b/ right now is a /pol/thread about Alex Jones. Drawing the line is hard.

If I had my druthers, we'd just ban all the people who are /pol/tards, which I'm trying to distinguish from politically interested folks, but there's really no clear-cut way to do that. My personal view is republicans and neoliberals are generally /pol/tards. Progressive master race.

What does salt my soup though is /n/, because the moderation is usually based on a mod disliking your beliefs or your source, and rather than cite a rule and lock a thread, they just delete threads outright, shedding any accountability they might have been held to.

Why don't you have some stuffed eggplant?
>>
Esther Sizzleforth - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:30:59 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.254030 Ignore Report Reply
>>254023
>Even Kirt has recognised that this shit actually happened
Yes, because as I stated, the modding here isn't perfect. That doesn't make them tyrants & it doesn't excuse your constant autism about it.
>>
Cyril Crevingridge - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:12:11 EST ID:WsC6ZhUX No.254031 Ignore Report Reply
>>254026
>we've also seen what happens when we do ease up on this
Have we? I think your bogeyman exists in the mind.

The polshit as you call it (partisanly, I would note) isn't that much worse than the dumb bullshit that already gets posted.

It's not like this place is loaded down with PhD grade discussion.

My point is that you either curate and ensure your mod team is unbiased and skilled, not to mention prolific, or you take a more hands off approach and simply stop obviously egregious behavior. The middle ground doesn't work well and pisses off swathes of the userbase.
>>
Shitting Gettingfug - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:19:35 EST ID:sb1UVlpu No.254032 Ignore Report Reply
>>254031
>Have we?
As someone who's seen how much /pol/shit gets spammed on boards like /b/ or /n/ on a constant basis, it's safe to say that it's not just a "bogeyman."
I don't care what political opinion you have, but some shit can just stay on 4chins.
>>
Alice Billingwater - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:29:07 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254033 Ignore Report Reply
>>254031
>Have we?

fucking yes we have and it's disgusting vitriol that comes from the pit of your gut, the most base reptilian part of your brain

you know the feeling I'm speaking of, it starts a few inches above your dick and pulsates into garbage of the mind

>partisanly, I would note

You have no idea what my beliefs are

if you are blind to the fact that this shit is shit then you have probably already been drowned so deep in it that you cannot see anything else

And again, you can do that on literally EVERY OTHER FUCKING WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET right now, why do work so hard to bring this place down to that same level?
>>
Henry Hanningfatch - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:56:40 EST ID:0JNxtYZd No.254035 Ignore Report Reply
>>254033
>You have no idea what my beliefs are
You're right, I misread your post, my apologies.

What I mean to say is--the level of conversation is not that high to begin with. Ban bad posters rather than ones you don't like. Give people rope, also. See if their shitpost causes a problem. Use warnings more. Also more shitbans for comedic effect(Spardot? Are you there?) Locking blatant pol bait type stuff is fine. I guess I feel like the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater.

That's my 2c anyway I don't feel like arguing anymore.
>>
Alice Billingwater - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:07:23 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254036 Ignore Report Reply
>>254035
>What I mean to say is--
yeah man I mostly agree with what you said after those words, I guess the whole thing was more of a miscommunication than an argument
>>
Alice Billingwater - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 21:09:11 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254037 Ignore Report Reply
>>254036
especially the comedic bans things because undesirables tend to not understand them for what they are and usually out themselves in a sperg rage about them
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 22:20:52 EST ID:1IlMfCzv No.254038 Report Reply
>>254037
I got absolutely fucking screamed at once by some kid because I joke banbed some other guy for gore posting but the webm wasn't actually gore. He refused to believe anything we said about the existence of jokes, and also failed to deduce it was a joke by observing that I'd clearly left the webm up.

I love it when people out themselves in such a screaming child like manner because they're basically doing all the hard work themselves.

>>254005
Appreciate it, m8. Still wish I'd had some balls, but yeah I do also still think potentially playing tug of war with bans and having mods publicly disagree on the relevance of currently posted rules (like avatarfagging) would not do any good for the site.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 22:34:12 EST ID:1IlMfCzv No.254039 Report Reply
>>254038
Also it IS hard to figure out where I stand in the eyes of the users' perspective specifically because many people speak of the mods as a whole and cite few specific examples.

Personally I'm always up for genuine conversation/arguments and criticism vs vague mod hate and insta bans. The conversational capabilities of you people are exactly why I still love this site.
>>
Graham Dartshit - Tue, 16 Apr 2019 00:46:00 EST ID:1Gpm+Pb3 No.254040 Ignore Report Reply
1555389960106.png -(108737B / 106.19KB, 255x244) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254039
In my eyes you a beta. Now forgive your mother.
>>
Lydia Fizzlewick - Tue, 16 Apr 2019 01:04:52 EST ID:jaMWUpPP No.254042 Ignore Report Reply
Spunky once banned me for something absolutely stupid and nonsensical.

In the thread, we were talking about how some men have their perspectives on women, relationships and sex shaped by the porn they watch and the way it can screw up their lives. I said something like "if a man is really stupid enough that he gets his ideas on women from porn then he deserves whatever he gets tbh," and Spunky banned me with a nice "go thump your bible elsewhere, faggot" ban message. It was really off putting that an admin on the site would be so vitriolic about something that he was so wrong and off base about. So much so that I didn't even want to address him in irc. I just let it go and stopped using /b/ for a while, the place was pretty toxic at the time anyways.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is I don't give a fuck about that ban any more. I stopped caring not that long after I got a stupid ban. But I get the feeling that some of these people that are still upset about "bullshit bans" didn't actually get a bullshit ban. If you're toxic enough to still be going on about this shit however long afterward, you probably earned yourself a kick.
>>
Graham Dartshit - Tue, 16 Apr 2019 01:15:04 EST ID:1Gpm+Pb3 No.254043 Ignore Report Reply
>>254042
I got banned for cursing at some thin skinned pussy mod once. That stuck with me but only because I remember the other mod that unbanned me. RIP
>>
Lydia Fizzlewick - Tue, 16 Apr 2019 02:34:57 EST ID:jaMWUpPP No.254044 Ignore Report Reply
>>254043
RIP

Syn was a really cool dude. I really enjoyed chatting with him in irc. Unlike most of the mods here, he was really fun to be around.
>>
DrWorm !Jq.HCcHctg - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 03:36:38 EST ID:+9XtVhiT No.254086 Report Reply
1555572998891.jpg -(40969B / 40.01KB, 600x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254042
I actually remember that ban and didn't think it was completely justified but it wasn't a permaban and that thread was bait anyway.

I actually got banned once by posting (completely and obviously fake) personal info on /ga/ after posting about how some creepy gay dude offered to suck my dick. I went into irc to appeal but they just kicked me so I did something else with my time for a week. I also got over it.
Weird how that works, huh? You get over bullshit bans because you don't feel like you're entitled to be able to shitpost or because you take a break from a community that has sucked you in and turned you into a fuckin weirdo who is only capable of expressing themselves via memes, ironic racism, and baiting people into stupid arguments? You take a break from it instead of doubling down and wasting more time trying to shitpost and, because you took a break, you gain some more perspective on your life. hint hint

This post was edited by DrWorm on 18-04-2019 05:20:27
>>
Simon Goodway - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 07:16:37 EST ID:l+m4yiCE No.254089 Ignore Report Reply
>>254086
this is a cop out response. Ironic shitposting can lead to great discussions and can be thought provoking in it's on right.

Look up "A modest proposal" for an old school example.
>>
>>
Edwin Blablingspear - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:18:49 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.254091 Ignore Report Reply
1555597129867.jpg -(489566B / 478.09KB, 700x552) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254089
Anyone saying 'hurr durr get over it, I got banned for stupid shit and I still suck mod cock on the daily' is giving a cop out response. There's nothing wrong with not wanting the site to be ruined by this kind of unrestrained power tripping bullshit. These guys are just deflecting the blame away by acting like almost everyone who got wrongfully banned wasn't actually wrongfully banned and that the only times that wrongful bans did happen were to them, and they just took it on the chin because they're so cool and also strangely subservient. It's the same shit every time from these people.

>what the hell guys, Spunky just banned me for telling him to do something about latex guy!
>"WELL FUCK YOU YOU'RE PROBABLY A 4CHINS /pol/TARD TROLL ANYWAY. NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE ANYWAY. WHY YOU SO MAD FAGGOT? YOU'RE CRAZY, YOU'RE LITERALLY MENTALLY ILL FOR HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS. SPUNKY DID NOTHING WRONG. YOU'RE PROBABLY LATEX GUY YOURSELF EVEN THOUGH THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AND BASICALLY EVERYTHING I'M SAYING HERE IS CONTRADICTORY. STOP CRITICISING THE MODS FOR ACTING LIKE SPOILED CHILDREN. THAT UPSETS ME BECAUSE I ALSO ENJOY ACTING LIKE A SPOILED CHILD"

>>254086
Yeah you don't really sound like you got over it. You sound like you're still massively butthurt that anyone would have a problem with your representatives amongst the mod staff (aka the shitty cancerous ones) finally getting told to stop swinging their dicks around. Just get over it lol. What's wrong? You want everyone else to get over being treated like shit by corrupt mods. Why can't you get over people rightfully giving them flak for it? Bitch up.
>>
Jack Surrywen - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:40:03 EST ID:PKxupcO2 No.254092 Ignore Report Reply
>>254089
Fine shitposts are invaluable to the jenk community. My 2018 vintage is aging nicely; it was a good year for jenk what with the US election and all.

Inflation and the never ending demand for quality jenk has been great for business. I think as long as we can nurture and sow quality shitposts, the Canadian jenk market will remain a leader, at least until China begins exporting their rice-based varietals. Don't forget to stay diversified and support the troops!
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:49:31 EST ID:OrM762xw No.254093 Report Reply
>>254092
Dude the Flint 2018 is so fucking good.
>>
Jack Surrywen - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:57:11 EST ID:PKxupcO2 No.254095 Ignore Report Reply
>>254093
I think the 2019 harvest will be remembered for the west coast resurgence into more dense and complex flavors. The vegan movement brought a lot of nuance and acidity to the fine west coast products but the latest keto producers are bound to bring back depth, thickness and even a bitterness that jenkers simply haven't ever enjoyed before. California has always been a quality producer and it's good to see more artisan small-batch jenks come on the market.
>>
Phineas Nezzleforth - Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:57:33 EST ID:/1v7u9xr No.254096 Ignore Report Reply
1555599453581.png -(5750B / 5.62KB, 639x81) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254003
>several months
wait what the fuck i thought he was here for like a week or three max, i only remember one thread of his

man i guess i really don't use /b/ at all anymore
>>
DrWorm !Jq.HCcHctg - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:31:48 EST ID:nX7vr5SZ No.254126 Report Reply
1555680708678.jpg -(98372B / 96.07KB, 381x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254091
Kind of weird that, for all of your (and the other 5 people masquerading as 200) complaints, the site is still enjoyed by hundreds of thousands people, if not more.
You really think you're the first person to take it personally when you get banned?
Did Spunky reach through the monitor and punch you in the balls?
That's nothing compared to what I'll do, so you better sit REAL far from your screen while shitposting from now on....like 30 feet. Or maybe 60. In fact, just go outside and stay there.

This post was edited by DrWorm on 19-04-2019 09:50:59
>>
Wesley Turveyfuck - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:43:35 EST ID:R41b9/HL No.254127 Ignore Report Reply
1555688615798.jpg -(100957B / 98.59KB, 600x686) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254126
> your (and the other 5 people masquerading as 200) complaints
You're totally right. It's all a big conspiracy. Ooooooh. We're the ones gangstalking you and pissing in your letterbox. You're not mentally ill at all, don't worry about it. And protip: nobody's saying they don't enjoy the site. They wouldn't bother complaining if they didn't care. The problem is when a power tripping mod decides to take out his virgin rage on the users for some trivial reason, it kinda hampers the enjoyment just a little bit. Imagine that.

>You really think you're the first person to take it personally when you get banned?
You seem to be the one taking things personally here. And nobody even mentioned you by name. Just get over it lol.

>Did Spunky reach through the monitor and punch you in the balls?
"Hurr durr Spunky did nuthing wrong." Wow, didn't see that one coming.

It's actually pretty worrying that Kirt seems to have chosen you as his latest "lieutenant". There's a handful of cool mods he could have picked from who aren't massive cunts with a general disdain for the users. You're clearly not one of them. You're just more of the usual 'spoiled brat' type we're all so familiar with. I don't think there's any reason now to believe Kirt's apologies or promises that things are going to change in this regard. My bad for believing him I suppose. Thanks for setting me straight, pal. At least I don't have to look at these fucking CBD ads anymore lol.
>>
Kirtaner !Ub4TCdRjOM - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:17:02 EST ID:3YIWwGfJ No.254128 Report Reply
1555690622859.png -(109121B / 106.56KB, 1215x291) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254127
for what its worth

also

>There's a handful of cool mods he could have picked from

suggestions? and can they hang in irc for a while so we know they're not insane?
>>
Nell Crungerlid - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 16:40:54 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254133 Ignore Report Reply
>>254127
LMAO you are STILL sperging out

get a fucking hobby dude this is no way to live your life
>>
Frederick Geshdet - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:12:46 EST ID:UCwA5YKg No.254134 Ignore Report Reply
I got ban for posting one gore gif, by Spunky. Had to go to IRC get unban. But that shit doesnt warrant ban, should off just delete it. Anyways shit like this is what make users angry.
>>
Cyril Becklewurk - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:51:51 EST ID:1Gpm+Pb3 No.254136 Ignore Report Reply
>>254134
You don't speak for everyone you semi-literate bozo. Though I'll say the staff needs learn how to dole out temp bans instead of their glass everything or bust approach.
>>
Frederick Geshdet - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:55:12 EST ID:UCwA5YKg No.254137 Ignore Report Reply
>>254136
I never said I spoke for everyone you stupid dork. Learn2read, I'm talking about own experiance.
>>
Cyril Becklewurk - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:05:12 EST ID:1Gpm+Pb3 No.254138 Ignore Report Reply
>>254137
>Anyways shit like this is what make users angry.
Getting banned for posting gore like an edgy homo usually isn't why people get angry about the moderation.
>>
Frederick Geshdet - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:07:58 EST ID:UCwA5YKg No.254139 Ignore Report Reply
>>254138
Its the nuking thats the frustration really. Like come on did you really have to delete all of post.
>>
Cyril Becklewurk - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:19:20 EST ID:1Gpm+Pb3 No.254140 Ignore Report Reply
1555712360809.gif -(2017422B / 1.92MB, 272x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254139
I generally agree with that, but I don't know how bad the gore you posted was.
>>
Simon Lightson - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:39:55 EST ID:7gVeDxb3 No.254142 Ignore Report Reply
>>254140

Yeah, I mean gore has been a pretty big no-go on this place for years now. Yeah there was a board, yeah there used to be regular gore/rekt threads on /b/, but times have changed, and posting gore these days just means you're new here and need to chill out, lurk moar, and not get so pooper-peeved when you get rekt for breaking the rules.

That said, I've been caught in spunky's crossfire and banned for absolutely nothing before. I was mad at first, but after a minute I realized how hilarious it was and had a good chuckle.
>>
Frederick Geshdet - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:02:49 EST ID:UCwA5YKg No.254144 Ignore Report Reply
>>254142
I was drunk and bored. Point is, you dont need to be nuking people warn them and delete image
>>
Nathaniel Pundlehood - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 21:24:56 EST ID:1Gpm+Pb3 No.254146 Ignore Report Reply
1555723496729.jpg -(24861B / 24.28KB, 500x334) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254144
I think we're all in agreement here about the mods being shit so all is well.
>>
Augustus Crommleson - Sat, 20 Apr 2019 10:01:18 EST ID:nxbxDh6M No.254162 Ignore Report Reply
>>254142
>That said, I've been caught in spunky's crossfire and banned for absolutely nothing before.
In my 13 years here, I was banned once, last year, by Spunky, for the same thing, and I had the same response as you did. >rage >laugh >smoke >forget
And then the site was rolled back thanks to some science experiment between /stem/, which at the time was communicating with us from the future (the actual future) and didn't actually exist yet, and /1701/.

>Point is, you dont need to be nuking people warn them and delete image
This is a great point. Not only does it make moderation clearer, but it also helps to highlight the rules for everyone to see.
>>
Emma Bammerlock - Tue, 23 Apr 2019 17:38:48 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.254304 Ignore Report Reply
1556055528765.gif -(1558521B / 1.49MB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Getting drug addicts to obey rules is like herding cats, except the cats are on mushrooms, cocaine and heroin at the same time
Sorry
The crab was cute but maybe some easy way to nudge us in the right direction when we about to fuck up might also be good we're kind of under the influence
>>
Emma Bammerlock - Tue, 23 Apr 2019 17:54:18 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.254305 Ignore Report Reply
1556056458765.gif -(7863858B / 7.50MB, 720x377) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
What I wish we could do is just have The Hulk pop out when we're doing good and say "HELL YEAH BROTHER" and then have like The Undertaker show up to dis-challenge us whenever we're about to post a dick pic on qq asking if there are any women around to suck our cock
we often forget the mods are women with boys of their own, too because we're on various substances and lost in a dream
>>
Polly Wommerbury - Tue, 23 Apr 2019 19:10:36 EST ID:42G+KRWY No.254306 Ignore Report Reply
>>254304
Oddly enough it seems to be the "drug-free" users on /wooo/ and the adult boards that seem to sperg out and cause the most trouble.
>>
Eliza Sucklespear - Wed, 24 Apr 2019 01:29:32 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254312 Ignore Report Reply
>>254306
that's what it is on all boards man

the drug users are actually chill most of the time, it's the straight edge anime loving poltists that sperg the fuck out all day
>>
David Nicklelock - Wed, 24 Apr 2019 08:25:10 EST ID:RElEH5ia No.254315 Ignore Report Reply
>>254312
>Drug users are mostly chill

Have you been to /del/ lately?
>>
Eliza Sucklespear - Wed, 24 Apr 2019 17:05:19 EST ID:l/c+Kd+M No.254322 Ignore Report Reply
>>254315
fuck no
>>
Emma Badgebit - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:18:10 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.254363 Ignore Report Reply
1556234290205.gif -(1480969B / 1.41MB, 500x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>254306
fuck i just assumed everybody was on drugs my bad
wtf
y tho
what the hell happened to them
straight edge needs rehab, get them drugs
>>
Kirtaner !Ub4TCdRjOM - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:35:57 EST ID:3YIWwGfJ No.254364 Report Reply
>>254363
more than half the users don't use drugs

some mods are straightedge
>>
Shitting Pandlefig - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:44:51 EST ID:/hjI1BaW No.254365 Ignore Report Reply
>>254364
why do you trust people who don't do drugs? in the traditional hash making regions of asia people who are too uptight to smoke are considered untrustworthy, its a good rule to live by.
>>
Eliza Duffingfoot - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 21:55:40 EST ID:CA0WErU9 No.254366 Ignore Report Reply
>>254365
I only post when I’m on drugs or intoxicated just to keep the spirit of the place. For a community I don’t think we are anything special except for the fact that we are on drug, so the hear that HALF the mods aren’t even high really got me worried.
Also I don’t straightedge faggots. I bet they think they’re better than us cause they don’t know how to have fun the pieces of shits.
>>
Jarvis Sobberhall - Fri, 26 Apr 2019 01:34:40 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.254369 Ignore Report Reply
1556256880955.jpg -(83903B / 81.94KB, 431x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I can only post when I'm intoxicated because I usually am
I guess I technically post while hungover as well

That reminds me, hooch time
>>
>>
Jarvis Sobberhall - Fri, 26 Apr 2019 16:59:21 EST ID:JUQ0AduQ No.254378 Ignore Report Reply
>>254366
i mean, I get it, I hate sober people, too. I wonder what it is. Is it that they want to drugs, but can't? That's fine. But if it's like they're covertly working here to judge us, no it's not ok.

some people have bad experiences and go straight edge, too and we should respect their choice, like, people who go celibate after being raped.
>>
Hannah Driddleman - Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:36:35 EST ID:5d1jRK0z No.254488 Ignore Report Reply
>>254378
Yeah that's cool and all and I can respect it but don't come posting on a drug website like a little bitch then

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.