[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

I can't get along with people

- Thu, 21 May 2020 23:39:05 EST LDrUd2BU No.264049
File: 1590118745306.jpg -(18839B / 18.40KB, 324x418) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I can't get along with people
No matter how hard I try. If I try to talk about anything meaningful, it devolves into people calling each other retards 100% of the time. I'm guilty as well, but I usually don't start it.

I'll get on a role. I'll have several hours of great debating with smart people. And then some fuckface will come in and destroy the whole thing. I have to defend my position because I am the one who put it forward, and not everyone reading fuckface's post will realize fuckface is retarded. For their sake, and for the sake of fuckface, I have to try and change their opinions. Afterall, that's the whole reason I'm here is to try and enlighten people or become enlightened when I am wrong. But they are incapable of having a rational argument.

But ignoring them is not acceptable either.

All I want is to have a rational debate sometimes. Are people here all retarded or is it just me?

I honestly wish they would fucking die. The world would be a fucking paradise if people could have conversations about important shit without morons butting in half way through and derailing everything. They do nothing important. They suck the soul out of everything. Everything noble and intellectual becomes contaminated and all progress is halted.
>>
Ernest Worthingshaw - Thu, 21 May 2020 23:43:14 EST LDrUd2BU No.264050 Reply
On this topic, is it possible to be a retarded genius? Somebody with a brain so powerful that it short circuits itself constantly?
>>
Ernest Worthingshaw - Thu, 21 May 2020 23:45:24 EST LDrUd2BU No.264051 Reply
Actually now that I think about it, this site absolutely DESTROYS my mental health. Please permaban me.
>>
Ernest Worthingshaw - Thu, 21 May 2020 23:59:13 EST LDrUd2BU No.264052 Reply
I think I have just realized the meaning of my existence.

Trying to debate complex ideas on a level that a larger community will understand is pointless. Trying to force complex ideas into simplistic language destroys the ideas themselves to the point where you no longer even remember what you were thinking and only have a vague idea of what you are trying to express. Trying to debate with stupid people literally makes you stupider, even to the point of now becoming the stupidest person in the room, because to be stupid is far less painful than wise, and pain causes great emotion, and emotion clouds the thinking. Great ideas need room to flourish. They require sophisticated language to express. It is possible for somebody to be a genius but not possess the vocabulary to adequately solidify their intuitions. When such a person attempts to perfect their ideas by testing them into the public sphere they distract themselves and the ideas lose their vividness. The mind loses its focus. They are better off contemplating alone, increasing their ability to explain the concept to themselves. For one there does not exist the perfect language to transmit said ideas and second they must first fully understand the idea themselves in order to explain it to others.

Perhaps it's a form of mania. Getting too exciting about an intuition but never allowing it to become a fully formed thought. Immediately trying to express it until it loses all its value.

That is my problem I think...
>>
Hedda Durringman - Fri, 22 May 2020 00:05:14 EST 7VfwoxOz No.264053 Reply
Why do people even make games on the unity engine? Unreal is better in literally every way and it's also FREE
>>
Ernest Worthingshaw - Fri, 22 May 2020 00:11:56 EST LDrUd2BU No.264054 Reply
>>264053
Sometimes I am doing so great. My mind is so clear and healthy. ANd then next thing you know I'm typing this shit. WHY? I try so hard... It's like a virus in the brain.....
>>
Ernest Worthingshaw - Fri, 22 May 2020 00:20:17 EST LDrUd2BU No.264055 Reply
>>264054
How can I -heal- my brain? My brain feels broken. I think all this personality shit is just a symptom of a fucked up brain. It feels like I could just close my eyes and.... oh wow...this is nice...
>>
James Pockman - Fri, 22 May 2020 00:25:28 EST GFOjOFBq No.264056 Reply
>>264053
Unreal wasn't always free and skills and existing code bases and assets don't transfer over automagically
>>
Ernest Worthingshaw - Fri, 22 May 2020 00:26:58 EST LDrUd2BU No.264059 Reply
>>264055
I am going to sleep literally all day tomorrow. And the next day. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. I'm not going to worry about anything or think about rent or anything. I'm just going to fade into the depths of my soul. I'm going to dream like I've NEVER dreamed before. I'm going to FEEL the neurons reconnecting, the soul being re-attached. I'm going to sleep and sleep and sleep. And when I wake up I will sleep again. Until I cannot sleep any more. Then I will wait a while and sleep again.
>>
Samuel Worthinggold - Fri, 22 May 2020 01:38:16 EST T6hxIQ0j No.264060 Reply
penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis
>>
Hugh Turveystock - Fri, 22 May 2020 01:45:49 EST u2mpOaj9 No.264061 Reply
>>264060
This guy knows where it's at. Maybe you should try his mantra, OP.
>>
Hannah Sattinghood - Fri, 22 May 2020 07:50:32 EST 11VT5lvm No.264068 Reply
1590148232550.gif -(3440316B / 3.28MB, 256x158) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>264049

This is a chan board on the internet. It's hard to resist. Purely textual communication somewhat dehumanises the other parties and it makes it much harder to be sympathetic to their arguments.

When I'm working I've found my relationship with various people improves when I go from someone sending annoying emails to a human voice or even someone they've met. Being able to both see me as a human and also gauge my body language and intonation helps with future requests because they know I'm not just trying to antagonise them when I ask them to do shit. I think the same principle applies here.
>>
Emma Gezzlehood - Fri, 22 May 2020 09:03:00 EST McGe91tT No.264072 Reply
>>264068
>Purely textual communication somewhat dehumanises the other parties and it makes it much harder to be sympathetic to their arguments.
Says you. You're dehumanizing others and it makes you less sympathetic to their arguments. Don't speak for me.
>>
Angus Clabbergold - Fri, 22 May 2020 09:05:03 EST Bmq2qufX No.264073 Reply
Do you mainly post on /stim/? You seem like the kind of fellow who mostly posts on /stim/.
>>
Hannah Sattinghood - Fri, 22 May 2020 09:16:17 EST 11VT5lvm No.264077 Reply
>>264072
Well you're special. Most people aren't and they do. You obviously treat anonymous posters the same way you would a stranger at a party/bar/place you'd be okay with talking to strangers. Most don't.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.