Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Savage Dragon

- Fri, 18 Mar 2016 01:16:24 EST JiyuTtIf No.41678
File: 1458278184923.jpg -(329525B / 321.80KB, 805x805) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Savage Dragon
Took a look at Dragon for the first time in years.

Jesus, do people really still read this shit? Out of what, nostalgia?
Is Erik Larsen losing his shit like Frank Miller and Wally Wood did, or does he just not care anymore?

I stopped reading Dragon when he realised he could draw the regular book in his 24 hour comic style and people would still buy it.
Also the way he'd kill his female characters for shock value was starting to feel a bit Women In Fridges John Byrne creepy misogynist.
Plus his whole fight with Peter David made him look like an angry German kid freaking out while playing Call Of Duty.

But seriously, this is his dream job, supporting himself making the comic he created when he was a kid, if that doesn't float his boat enough to occasionally bother drawing a fucking background, or a fight that isn't a page of PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH panels, man, you need to try something new. Start a ministry, or become a tuna fisherman, or go to clown college.
>>
Cedric Donkinstock - Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:06:43 EST 0L0HXcTs No.41703 Reply
I haven't read it since he left with his species to find a new homeworld or something
>>
Priscilla Trotford - Fri, 25 Mar 2016 01:59:57 EST FYQI74oE No.41712 Reply
1458885597508.jpg -(464181B / 453.30KB, 1000x1537) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Jesus Christ.
Hello Mary Sue.
>>
Priscilla Trotford - Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:05:29 EST FYQI74oE No.41713 Reply
1458918329508.jpg -(461674B / 450.85KB, 1000x1537) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
How old is Larsen?
>>
Phoebe Murdhood - Thu, 31 Mar 2016 06:52:10 EST k3mdPlcy No.41735 Reply
Dragon has a bad case of The Hero Is Always Right. The worst in case since Terry Fucking Goodkind's Richard Cypher and the Sword Of Smartass.
>>
Thomas Blytheway - Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:53:35 EST 0L0HXcTs No.42252 Reply
Holy shit, he writes his own comic like fanfiction now? That's fucking awful.

I had stopped reading at the exact point Dragon went into space or uh...came back from space again only to leave shortly thereafter or something, I think he may have died a few times, too. At the end every problem seemed to be related to Dragon having an evil clone mutant and like, two other versions of himself from different dimensions and times. I honestly had no idea Larson could keep that toilet flushing for this long.
>>
Nathaniel Hishbatch - Sat, 18 Jun 2016 05:56:40 EST xR4VGrnh No.42254 Reply
1466243800792.png -(39548B / 38.62KB, 160x146) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
maybe it was a stylistic choice
>>
Molly Lightbury - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 02:58:02 EST xR4VGrnh No.42961 Reply
some one quick tell me his fight with peter david!
>>
Lillian Fanderforth - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 07:20:26 EST sQh1yarZ No.42965 Reply
>>42961
See, it all started when Todd McFarlane challenged Peter David to a public debate over whether comics needed writers, which he lost, predictably, as McFarlane can barely string two words together, and had admitted to never reading books.

Erik Larsen tends to go crazy if anyone messes with his husbandu Todd, so he published a four page rant in Savage Dragon's letters page that, after you remove all the insults and repetition, boiled down to
A. He didn't think it was fair that Peter David brought notes to the debate, which he likened to bringing a gun to a knife fight,
B. He didn't like how PD had referred to the Image founders as "tykes", which he took as an attack on his MANHOOD as a husband and father, and
C. That Peter David was a plagiarist, BUT he neglected to specify what David was supposed to have plagiarised.

PD's response was to ask what he was supposed to have stolen, and Larsen wrote another four page rant, which, minus the insults and repetition, was basically NO. PD's response was more or less "No, really, what?", and Larsen writes ANOTHER four page REEEEE which, minus the insults and repetition, boiled down, was that Peter David had stolen a line of dialogue from Return Of The Sinister Six, about The Hulk "giving someone the finger" by flicking them unconscious with one finger. At which point Peter David was all "That's it, I'm talking to a retard, I'm outie." Not in so many words.

Afterwards Erik Larsen drew Peter David in Savage Dragon standing on a pile of shit, drew Peter David surrounded by flies being rude at a restaurant, and probably other crap I don't know because I stopped reading by then.

I think he also took shots at Neil Gaiman over the Angela and Miracleman lawsuits. I wish Todd and Erik would stop lying to themselves and their fans, divorce their beards, and go get married in Canada.
>>
George Covingkedge - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 05:35:11 EST C7cd21rc No.43060 Reply
>>42965
I think in the end Erik Larsen was reduced to calling Peter David a "Fat, overweight, balding ESSAYIST".

Stay classy, Erik.
>>
Nicholas Pirrylud - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 11:26:32 EST c03AlIPM No.43064 Reply
His art always looked like when he inked it himself. He holds the pen in a really funky way and does not bother with details. He is one of those pencillers that need a really tight inker who isn't afraid to fill in details and add to the pencils instead of just taking away from them. Larsen's panel design and dynamic poses is what used to make his art palatable but he's slipping on all fronts.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.