Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

I AM... THE MAXX!

!ZcijO7gk.6 - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 14:12:09 EST vFwQMBj+ No.44173
File: 1572808329034.jpg -(68775B / 67.16KB, 640x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I AM... THE MAXX!
Any fans of Sam Kieth's amazing work on The Maxx?

I think it's one of the most underrated and brilliant comic book series of all time and although he currently is back... In a crossover with Batman[/spoiler[, should be brought back with a new story. Maybe something else, a new "Outback", like attached to another trauma or area of his mind... Opiate addiction would be interesting.

What do you guys think? The Maxx with a needle in his arm. I mean, it makes sense. Opiates do make you feel Godlike and his story, whatever it may be COULD/WOULD work as something dreamed when he nods out after a shot, or where he goes when he's high. An unstoppable person that is adored and worshipped by man when he's high, a fucking low life street junkie with no hope when he's sober... Then there's the whole withdrawal aspect. I want to write it myself, but how in the fuck would I get Sam Kieth on board for a new Maxx... Or new character in the Maxx universe... Or "outback", if you will...

I need a team of artist, stat. Yeah right. But honestly, thoughts? General Maxx appreciation gladly accepted.
>>
zombiej !ZcijO7gk.6 - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 16:37:07 EST vFwQMBj+ No.44174 Reply
if a mod can remove the spoiler, thatd be dope
>>
James Govingmark - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 16:25:23 EST jNMqUSC0 No.44176 Reply
I only saw the MTV cartoon, did not know it was based on a comic.
THank you for enlightenment.
>>
Shit Murdworth - Sat, 16 Nov 2019 18:27:07 EST spQArBcF No.44186 Reply
I am a massive Maxx fan but Sam Keith said in the epilogue of Maxximized that he wasn't going to do anything more. That it exists in it's own bubble (or Outback) and I'm okay with that, it had a solid bittersweet ending and trying to bring it back would cheapen that.

>>44176

The cartoon was based on the first 8 issues of the comic, I don't know how they thought they could continue it as a series, it gets fucking dark It's not an oddball superhero story, all of the main characters are dealing with sexual trauma, it's actually the whole plot and the comic isn't shy about showing it
>>
Frederick Sublingsetch - Sun, 08 Dec 2019 19:35:55 EST ND98BKEY No.44217 Reply
>>44173

Wanted to leave my thanks for recommending OP, Maxx is fucking great, didnt know anything about it, reading through the first few issues right now and having a blast.
>>
Betsy Worthingbanks - Fri, 13 Dec 2019 20:19:35 EST RLgURJpX No.44220 Reply
>>44186
I agree completely with this guy. The story is complete and satisfying. Adding anything extra is unnecessary and waters down the message.

Fuckin love The Maxx, which is also why I have absolutely no faith in the newest live action shit which was announced
>>
Cyril Punkinspear - Sun, 15 Dec 2019 03:18:16 EST Eh1I43p1 No.44221 Reply
1576397896206.jpg -(523965B / 511.68KB, 1280x1213) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Sam Kieth has a blog:
http://samkieth.blogspot.com/
pic related

>>44176
That cartoon was amazing. It added an atmosphere that I didn't get when I was 13 or 14 reading the comic book. The moodiness of the jazz music backgrounds enhanced the somberness and melancholy. It all strummed a chord for me when I was that age and still does today. For some reason, the Crapon in a Hat's voice popped into my head just earlier this week.

I'm just missing one random issue like #29 or something. In middle school we had an assignment in art to draw some kind of original fantasy creatures from our imagination; I copied the crabbits, airwhales and seussadons. It is probably my all time favorite comic book. I remember liking the Zero Girl series, another Sam Kieth penned book, but only read them once when they first came out. Was also always a fan of Sam Kieth's art. I remember him from Wolverine's stories in Marvel Comic Presents (late 80s and early 90s).
>>
Reuben Sabbleson - Sat, 21 Dec 2019 07:40:29 EST SSDM/I5i No.44227 Reply
Finally checked this out after seeing too many interesting posts ITT. Seems very cool, I'll be slowly chipping away at it over 2020, been trying not to binge comics anymore and instead trying to make older series last a while.
>>
Basil Bruttinghidging - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 07:06:03 EST 78hczrPh No.44232 Reply
Is there anywhere we can check for orders, patents, any sneaky way of finding out if any toy company is going to be putting out a Maxx/Batman figure collections?

Where,would one start?
>>
Graham Buzzstone - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 17:23:00 EST spQArBcF No.44233 Reply
>>44232

Check with major toy companies, ones that work/have worked with DC obv. if you want the batman figures. If you contact them they might send you a catalogue detailing their production plans. That's how I'd do it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.