Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Has anyone else grown up?

- Tue, 06 Aug 2019 21:51:46 EST 3fg1AM73 No.1677
File: 1565142706003.jpg -(93982B / 91.78KB, 2048x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Has anyone else grown up?
Anyone else feeling like they are getting a little old to be into this stuff?
I've always been pretty comfortable being into anime, and anime bullshit. Stuff like Miku and Tohou have always been my jam. I'm a simple enough dude, I like the music and aesthetic from those series and if you stick an anime girl on something I'll be into it.

But now I'm 27 I'm kind of feeling a little embarrassed about it all. Miku is a 16 year old...This has never ever bothered me before but tbh I've been getting kind of uncomfortable about that recently, even if she isn't real, just seems like I'm opening myself up to criticism from other people.

IDK, I can still enjoy watching anime and I think I always will, but I'm going to need to move on from this moe weeb shit because it just doesn't seem a fitting interest for someone who is pushing 30. You ever tried telling a normal person that you like listening to "lolicore". You come across as a complete weirdo.

Anyone else know what i'm on about? I'm not judging anyone who is still into this stuff, and please don't see it as an attack on anime or Japan in generally. This is just me coming to terms with the fact I'm no longer an 18 year old and that people are now gonna be judging me as an adult rather than a kid.
>>
Emma Goblingson - Tue, 06 Aug 2019 23:48:31 EST KBeACuje No.1678 Reply
Eh not really, I stopped giving a shit about what people think about what I like a long time ago, I'm not going to let others opinions stop me from enjoying something
But I'm also not super overt about it because I feel that's completely unnecessary. Anime makes up like 95% of what I watch but I don't paper my walls with it or have a waifu car sticker. Closest thing I have is an anime background on my phone and even that's pretty subtle, but that's more just about my tastes. Even if I liked something from a video game or American movie or show I'd rather have something subtle rather than a huge breaking bad logo on my tshirt or something like that. That kind of stuff always felt obnoxious to me. I also listen to a lot of anime songs in my car but I'm not going around full volume with my windows open while platinum disco plays
>>
Reuben Pennerworth - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 01:34:01 EST h9Z93B65 No.1682 Reply
>>1677

Dunno, i'm 28 and people usually won't give half a fuck about what you like or don't.
>>
Ebenezer Fummerridge - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 16:51:25 EST 0DAc/eFX No.1685 Reply
Just means it's time to broaden your horizons. Nothing wrong with finding some new stuff. The genre is pretty broad so there's a lot of stuff out there. Take some time to explore stuff the younger you might have rejected and enjoy what you like. Don't let the fear of not appearing adult enough force you to pretend to like more socially acceptable stuff and also don't let the power weebs make you feel too normie for not gobbling up enough weeb-trash.
>>
Nell Fimblekick - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 17:03:39 EST /XDnwsYh No.1686 Reply
>>1677
Opposite more so than anything. I find myself watching more types of anime I never would have before and things like slice of life I never would have given a chance when I was younger. The older I get I find myself watching whatever I want without wondering how degenerate it may seem to others.
>>
Dextrolord - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 19:03:48 EST 8PG4m6PZ No.1689 Reply
>>1686
Straight up. The older I get the less I care.

It used to be when my friends asked what I was doing that night I would give a generic answer so I wouldn't have to be embarrassed by admitting to watching anime. Now I nonchalantly say "drinking tea and watching anime while waiting to get off probation so I can do the same exact thing but stoned"

I get one of two responses. They say Oh cool and move on or they start asking me about anime cuz they've been curious about it or are into it too.

I'm 24 btw
>>
Phoebe Pockson - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 19:07:59 EST T1JvEYDM No.1690 Reply
Men's sexual interest in regards to age does not change, 16 years old are and still and will always be attractive because they are of a fertile age, 30 years old is less because it's less chance of a healthy offspring.

Why would it be right to be attracted to a 16 years old if you were 22 and suddenly it's not right when you are 30? Chances are you are much more mature and successful and able to provide when 30 compared to being a 22 years old awkward loser who no one can depend on. If it's not ok when you are 30 then it was never ok to start with, if it's ok when you are 22 then it's still ok.

Most anime nowadays in made for adult men, so of course I'll continue watching it.
>>
Cyan - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 19:11:17 EST rVquRNA5 No.1691 Reply
1565219477403.gif -(1350308B / 1.29MB, 500x483) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
It sounds like your problem is more with society's views on it rather than your own interest level. Do you have to tell people you're into it? If you like it no reason to deny yourself.

I'm 28 and my apartment is wall to wall posters and wall scrolls of Love Live, Miku, Higurashi, Madoka. You name it. I wear Idea Factory shirts to the bar and listen to Senran Kagura OSTs on the way to work.

No shame. I like the aesthetic and it makes me happy. I also dont force it into conversation IRL. The shirts are as public as it gets and at the most people will compliment it and ask what it's from. I say a game, and move on.

Online or at conventions is another story, I'm absolutely obsessive, but that's within communities of equally thrilled fans.

Search deep within your kokoro and see if you genuinely feel like giving up or if it's just some sense of duty to the world we live in.
>>
Fucking Fillerway - Thu, 08 Aug 2019 03:05:24 EST fX/DaK80 No.1692 Reply
nope, shonen stuff and ghost punching kungfu wizardry demon shit is still my jam.
also the rare gems like mushishi and space dandy.
>>
James Blythespear - Fri, 09 Aug 2019 15:52:40 EST kuT1If+7 No.1705 Reply
>>1677
I'm kind of the other way around, I don't care if what I'm into is fitting, but I did kinda grow out of liking it as much. Grown much more picky, many shows I used to enjoy don't don't hold up on rewatches, even classics that people would have a fit over me even mentioning I can't enjoy anymore e.g. Cowboy Bebop, it tries so hard to be cool that I cringe too deeply to keep watching.

Just keep enjoying what you enjoy. You don't need to shout from the rooftops that you watch it, but also if somebody is judgemental and close minded enough to view you badly for the media you enjoy maybe they´re not that important anyway.
>>
Archie Fullerbore - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 16:18:55 EST 2JzNdM1t No.1725 Reply
1565554735255.gif -(1765037B / 1.68MB, 500x186) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>1691
NEW NEPTUNIA SUMMER OVA OUT NOW

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.