Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated March 20)
like gaining in reverse by Fucking Fingerfat - Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:04:45 EST ID:olyln65y No.95097 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1540580685651.jpg -(84389B / 82.41KB, 500x387) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 84389
I used to be a fatass and I'm still in the process of losing weight. I want to get rid of everything that I can safely so my skin can shrink up as much as possible. How low can my calorie consumption go without incurring lasting health issues?

Here's the situation: Right now I'm a BMI of 27at 191 lbs. at last weigh-in and 5'11" of height. FitnessFrog says my BMR is 1994 and my TDEE is 2393, I count 1700 calories a day as I thought men could not go any lower than 1600 without crashing their metabolism or whatever. That's probably bro science though. I also cheat all day once a week (Sundays) but that has become a 24-hour junk food binge and I really can't give it up. Pizza is how I cope and that's how I got into this predicament in the first place. I think it would be easier to just fast all day on some other day of the week but once again, I think that might shithouse my body.

I've been losing about a pound a week for the past 5 months but now I'm starting to see my results peter out and that's a problem, plus I had to drop weightlifting out of my routine because I kept hurting myself no matter how much I focused on my form. Now I just do dynamic stretches and cardio.

tl;dr how little can I eat 6 days of the week without fucking myself up?
>>
Archie Blullerdure - Fri, 26 Oct 2018 20:02:38 EST ID:zPodxCZB No.95100 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1540598558531.jpg -(108244B / 105.71KB, 960x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Start with a 3-day fast (no solids, water only)
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/08/24/fasting-a-fast-way-to-greater-badassity/

Fast to the extreme!
https://thoughtcatalog.com/dr-chet-williams/2014/06/this-450-pound-man-fasted-for-over-a-year-and-he-lost-more-than-half-his-weight/
>>
Barnaby Pocklesure - Mon, 29 Oct 2018 18:08:29 EST ID:tavLovCZ No.95104 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1540850909759.jpg -(539021B / 526.39KB, 468x2532) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95097
You can lose weight at any rate you'd like, most people would like to maintain a caloric deficit that doesn't make them fatigued, but being fatigued doesn't matter too much so long as you're not doing any activities that may lead to overexerting. Are you exercising? If so, the amount you should eat really starts to vary. Assuming you're not exercising, eat as little as you want, the 1600 calorie thing is obvious bro science..

I recommend exercising in tandem with diet and calorie counting to lose weight, If you start lifting weights, you won't even need to eat a caloric deficit. Just go hard in the gym and you'll lose fat as you build muscle. Losing weight isn't that hard just commit. Using a calorie calculator makes it all easy mode. Don't concern yourself with how healthy it is, so long as you're eating actual food and not filling up on bullshit, you'll be good.
>>
Fucking Ginkinchatch - Tue, 30 Oct 2018 14:18:37 EST ID:rTAnDMpH No.95106 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>95104
If you're exercising even at a deficit it will help you put back muscle as you lose it. After all "losing weight" is usually bullshit, it's fat you want to lose. Fitting a decent amount of each macro and micronutrient and avoiding empty carbs is good though.

Also you're right about fatigued. It also doesn't just vary with exercise but your level of fat. I know I (arbitrarily, it was a couple of hundred calories below my target weight's BMR) ate to about 1600 for a long time while losing weight and ran about 1000 calories deficit daily until I to the point I was almost not overweight. I had to taper then and eat slightly more to avoid fatigue, doing 500 calories a day for the last couple of weeks. What works for you a given person will vary, I'm just illustrating the general point. I went from 300+ to about 170 and it was only below 180 where I started to have to slow down. But I did have to do that.
>>
Henry Crunkindurk - Sun, 04 Nov 2018 19:33:32 EST ID:olyln65y No.95113 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP UPDATE:
I am now a BMI of 25 at a weight of 185 lbs. and 5'11" of height, I fasted the day after my binge day
>>
Charles Sopperstut - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 08:59:09 EST ID:o6lUvJos No.95164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1543672749285.png -(16096B / 15.72KB, 100x100) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
tbh OP, you can easily go on a 1.2k deficit, once you drop to 160lbs reduce your deficit to 800 calories a day. what has worked for me is to treat eating with mindfulness. TAKE YOUR TIME WHEN EATING! Treat it like a ritual, be grateful. Even when you just reach into your fridge for a snack, be mindful of it. Put it on a plate and eat it at the kitchen table. DONT EVER EAT ANYWHERE NOT DEDICATED TO EATING! Also, dont restrict your food choices!! only thing that should be off limits is sugar!
also, find a way of exercise you love. be it resistance training, cycling, hiking, dancing, swimming, climbing, anything... we are not meant to be sedentary. 4 years ago i was a neckbeard overweight by 100 pounds, now im a ripped dancer and calisthenics dude, and not once have i missed my sedentary lifestyle.

I believe in you bruv! Greatness awaits!!
>>
Molly Bonningtotch - Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:00:30 EST ID:1X54TG9u No.95183 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>95164
I've been having a little bit of a peckishness problem that has been hurting my progress so I think your advice will really help me roll that back. Thank you for that and the words of support :)

Funny that you mention dancing, that's something I've wanted to pick up! Where did you get started?

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.