Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Lose some belly fat

- Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:20:48 EST 7/M/5QbQ No.93281
File: 1461806448802.jpg -(10020B / 9.79KB, 248x203) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Lose some belly fat
I'm in my mid-20s. Work in a kitchen. Play video games. Play music. Drink a lot. Do drugs. I've always been tall and skinny. In the past 5 years my gut has slowly grown into a full blown gut. How do I get rid of this bitch. I've always thought about it but hell man. I've never had to work out to maintain a skinny tall dude stature. Louis CK even has a bit about tall skinny dudes walking into parties and getting free pussy. Tall skinny dudes don't give a shit until BOOM. Your gut is huge from all the not caring.

How do I get rid of this bitch? I don't need a sixpack or muscles or anything like that. Not looking to be addicted to working out or going to the gym. I just want to get rid of the gut. What do you suggest?
>>
Frederick Cacklestone - Thu, 28 Apr 2016 01:51:26 EST Jtdp27WX No.93282 Reply
>>93281
Look man, to someone coming from a totally untrained background I get that this is going to sound dumb. But working out isn't going to instantly give you a sixpack or make you look like a bodybuilder. Only steroids do that. What working out will do is make you lose fat while gaining muscle, a process known as body recomposition.

Now stay with me, hear me out. Right now you think that if you just lose some fat you'll be fine, but trust me, you can diet down to what you think is an optimal weight but when you look in the mirror I almost guarantee you still won't be pleased. This is because without any muscle base, even at a low weight you will still have a high body fat level. This is what some call being "skinnyfat", and maybe this is where you're already at.

I think you will get to where you want faster than you know it if you commit to just 2 things: a basic weight lifting routine and calorie counting. You don't have to run on the treadmill for hours and you don't have to go on any soccermom fad diets. You don't even have to stop eating junk food.

Use a website like this one to calculate how many calories a day you should be eating, and then look at the nutritional info on the back of everything you eat and make sure not to go above your goal. There are apps you can use to track this but many people can just keep a running tally in their head http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Now the part you will resist the most: the weight lifting. It took me FOREVER to finally come around to giving it a shot. I was scared of judgement in the gym, didn't know how to perform any lifts, and most of all didn't want to break a sweat. After the very first session I realized there was no judgement in the gym, nobody bothers with anybody but themselves, and I found by just searching google there were plenty of sites to teach me how to do lifts with correct form using pictures and videos. Going with a friend for a while helped a lot too.
>>
Frederick Cacklestone - Thu, 28 Apr 2016 02:06:16 EST Jtdp27WX No.93283 Reply
>>93282
Now as for a basic routine, there are many tried and true ones available online, like Starting Strength and Strong Lifts. Learning and using programs like these will yeild great results but are admittedly a bit confusing and intimidating to a newcomer. If you have a friend who lifts it may be best to just ask him to show you the ropes of what he does and make a program of exercises that you personally like. As long as you are at least hitting the upper body on one day and the lower body on another, not excluding either, you will be good. Two important exercises that you shouldn't neglect however are the squat and the benchpress.

You can ease into all of this at your own pace, and take your time to learn proper form. The goal should be to eventually lift at least three times a week though, with rest days in between. No one has ever started out lifting heavy weights and nobody will ever judge you for being a beginner. If anything the fact that you've taken it upon yourself to better your body will gain you respect.

Pretty much everything I've laid out here can be found in a condensed form on fitsticky.com This website also has basic how-to instructions for the lifts you'll want to be doing.

Lastly, to address your first point in your OP: I too play music and have a full time job. Most people would consider me an alcoholic and I've been on and off with opiates and benzos for years. None of these things need to stop you from fitness if you don't want them to, how you balance your time and how you much you choose to eat is completely up to you. The information is all out there free of charge with a simple google search, but whether you use it or not is all in your hands.
>>
Barnaby Cucklemot - Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:15:21 EST 3jORaUl9 No.93291 Reply
>>93281
>Drink a lot.
This is probably your big problem. Alcohol is gram for gram the most calorie dense food people consume. It's a huge bummer, but a shot of liquor contains nearly 100 calories. Beer, wine, and mixed drinks are even worse (though if they help you pace yourself, that's good.)

Also, even if you're not looking to get really muscular, you should try lifting. It's a great way to get some exercise in without taking too long and it gets you high as hell afterward. Make sure you get out walking, cycling, just moving in some way every day for an hour or so. You'll keep yourself physically functional and feeling better, plus it's a great way to run into people and find fun.

Finally, don't get discouraged that change doesn't happen right away. You're not going to lose more than a few pounds a week and your weight will cycle up and down week to week. But after a couple months of minding your calories and putting in some time exercising, you'll be looking and feeling better.

Best of luck, OP.
>>
David Bozzlekack - Sun, 01 May 2016 00:11:53 EST PJI9JkTA No.93302 Reply
>>93291
Believe it or not, alcohol calories aren't metabolized by the body in the same way regular calories are. What really kills people is eating a ton after they get smashed, because the body will prioritize getting rid of the toxic alcohol calories first and save the food calories for later, which leads to a better chance of fat depositing if you eat too much after drinking too much. In general if you moderate both alcohol and food you won't be too much worse for wear, especially if you don't eat anything after drinking alcohol.
>>
Molly Dartspear - Mon, 02 May 2016 01:20:09 EST O9AWPUgT No.93307 Reply
Its pretty late and OP probably didn't even read this damn thread but just wanted to update that this website http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html is the one I meant to post instead of fitsticky.

Hopefully it will be helpful to any other newcomers
>>
Eugene Drottingkid - Fri, 06 May 2016 12:59:29 EST hWBIkaUE No.93323 Reply
"beer gut" and visceral fat primarily attributed to sugar consumption. these are the two biggest factors when it comes to having excess fat around the midriff/belly

cut these two things back over a prolonged period and youll be fine. you dont need muscle, exercise and all that for this. And no, you cant chose where to lose weight through exercise nor is it necessary to. So long as your general body fat is where you want it, excess specifically in the stomach region is caused by these specific things

im talking zero added sugar if you really wanna be serious about it. drastically reduced if you wanna be "sorta" serious about it. Find out how much sugar is in the things you take for granted, honestly, these times its sneaking its way into absolutely fucking everything. sometimes its unavoidable, naturally occuring sugars (like in milk, some vegetables, etc) but quite often it is simply added as part of the flavour-base. im talking marinades, ketchup, curry sauces, cereals, supposedly "healthy" fruit drinks and smoothies and juices and such, fucking low-fat yoghurt. Start paying attention to the per-gram value of sugar in all these things and youll be blown away

sugar really is the foremost, leading cause of visceral fat. it is in everything and our body loves that, companies rely on our bodys hardwiring to crave and appreciate sugar when they churn out their gunky preservative-laden sickly products
>>
Nathaniel Senkinneg - Sat, 07 May 2016 12:45:08 EST O9AWPUgT No.93328 Reply
>>93323
Sugar doesn't matter at all unless you're diabetic. The only thing that matters is calories.
>>
Matilda Trothood - Sun, 08 May 2016 17:37:35 EST 7CFc1R0d No.93333 Reply
>>93328
this is only correct on some levels, and wrong on others. for a beginner avoiding sugar is one of the lowest hanging fruit
>>
Basil Sennerstock - Mon, 10 Jul 2017 07:40:52 EST u27U9qix No.94300 Reply
1499686852172.jpg -(43559B / 42.54KB, 699x313) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Eat less. However it much take a month to notice the change..
>>
Simon Norrybodging - Sat, 15 Jul 2017 15:14:47 EST gbnRtTLj No.94304 Reply
>>93281
I stopped eating hi carb stuff and fuck me, my new jeans arnt anywhere as near as tight as they were a month a go. Do this!
>>
Eugene Sattingwell - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:41:53 EST 0DL7sJeJ No.94306 Reply
>>94304
if thats an easy way for you to achieve a caloric deficit, then by all means queer
>>
Betsy Channersid - Wed, 26 Jul 2017 06:42:25 EST fWxVPKWO No.94320 Reply
>>93281
I don't consume /hooch/ so I dunno how that works.

Soda is the biggest contributor to me being skinnyfat. If I completely cut that, I'll shred off the weight in a month or two. Drinking a 2 liter a day will turn everything from my knees to shoulders into a nice supple layer of dough.

I if drop all junk food and soda, I'll look pretty damn good with very limited muscle mass. The problem is I don't buy the groceries and don't have much say in that regard so I just get what is bought. Which is usually hungryman microwave shit, coca cola, and devil squares. All of which have become nasty as fuck for me to eat.
>>
Clara Febblefuck - Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:13:22 EST 56yO/v+X No.94321 Reply
>>94320

>i dont buy the groceries so its not my fault i drink all the soda and am fat
>>
DoA - Tue, 15 Aug 2017 09:35:08 EST yz8FE4o5 No.94378 Reply
1502804108518.jpg -(283225B / 276.59KB, 1500x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Time to MUSCLE UP with meat
>>

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.